I would like to see abuildable structure that represents accumulated hoard value. I propose having a special chamber in a lair or a treasure chest on a plot. The size should be small enough that anyone who wanted it could build one. By that I mean that it should be smaller than a T1 pawnbroker. The purpose of this type of structure would mostly be to show off your stuff. It would be a sort of trophy room or museum. This structure would allow any player to go to your plot andview the contents of your hoard.
This brings up my next idea about how hoard should be displayed. I propose that hoard items be a sort of inventory similar to the way that formulas are stored. When a formula is scribed, it goes into a special kind of inventory from which you can only delete items. You can see its icon and read the description, butyou cannot pull it backout and give it to someone else. For hoard, only one instance of the item needs to be displayed, but you can hoard a thousand if you want. I see no need for an item stack counter. Again, this is a way to see what you have and what you need to complete your collection. Those items that are only hoardable and have no other purpose, i.e. not scales, crystals, trophies etc., would be the only viewable itemsdisplayed inthis special window. The window would show total hoard value as well as hoarded items.This new hoard inventoryshould also be accessible from the character window for those who choose not to build a structure on their property.
Finally, let all creatures collect a treasure hoard like this. Bipeds can currently only use hoard items as a sort of wampum for trading with dragons. This would give us something fun to do with it. However, I do NOT feel that bipeds should get any special abilities as their hoard increases.

Hlano Nitro, Chaos
Human Adventurer and Crafter