Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is selfishness helping the game?

Been reading Aamer's post and I have to say way to go! Been thinking this for years. I've been playing a time or 2 and I only started posting or reading these posts lately. But over the years, and quite recently, I've seen some changes that, for I was told, were done due to the suggestions due to other players. Someone hates powerleveling younger players? The group experience is nerfed. Someone hates the prices pawnbrokers are paying for raw material? The prices of the pawnbrokers are nerfed and they won't take items exceeding a limit. Now, all these changes might not hurt this game if it was a healthy, vibrant game, that can afford to chase away a few players, but it is not! And the last thing that needs to be done is to listen to another crackpot idea from another poster that would probably turn this game into somebodies personal X Box, till EII gets tired of funding your personal plaything that is.

I've read many complaints about EII, one of the most resounding one that I hear alot is "They don't listen to us!" Due to the lousy ideas implemented though the years, all I could say was "Good! About bloody time they ignore your whining and bad ideas!" Was cringing at the prospect of another sour idea, the armor degradation idea, or the 24 hour death point. Since EII took over, the rest of us were granted a reprieve! And I hope more reprieves are granted. Hate to see another disgruntled player with a wild hair and no job get exactly what he wants from continually complaining about something till it's implemented.
    I regret I have but one life to waste for Istaria!

Unregistered

I have a great idea for a movie, there would be 2 gnomes and they find a horrible ring, they have to travel to Dralk and cast it into the lava to destroy it.

2 gnomes joined with 1 dwarf, 1 elf , one wizard, 2 humans and 2 more gnomes on there deadly quest and that fellowship of the 9 individuals took off on there adventure.

The second part would have to do with two towers and a great battle.

The thrid part would have a climatic ending where everyone says hey dude, the king is back!!!
    Last edited by GM_DarkEnigmaa; December 12th, 2006 at 03:37 AM.

I think the problem with Tulga was that they did not listen to all the players. It was a few select people who played a long time. Problem with that is no new player even had a voice or even knew about the focus group. With no new ideas and the same old people plugging their old ideas the game started to stagnate and grind was put in as a stop leak. They should have listened to all ideas not the selct few. I did not agree with any of the changes Tulga made in 06 they were all mistakes (well in my opinion) and the paid for it with the sale of the game. I hope PME does not fall into this trap that Tulga found itself in.

Listen to all sides they may have an insight that you may have missed.

The hard part is getting all sides. There are people whom never go to boards, ICQ, or are in the MP in game. Its a tough thing to do and there will always be something left out. Once they unlock registration to the boards maybe they can send players here via a notice during log on.

Unregistered

Not only am i still unable to register, seems someone is replacing replies with warcraft /silly's

Is there any hope for help here at all? How many more help tickets do i have to fill out?

I guess I do not understand how if the boards are closed that someone "Unregistered" is able to post? Either the boards are not really closed or you are registered. Your reply contains nothing of warcraft/silly's. What am I not understanding about your complaint? And what does it have to do with the topic of this thread??

Quote Originally Posted by awdz
    I guess I do not understand how if the boards are closed that someone "Unregistered" is able to post? Either the boards are not really closed or you are registered. Your reply contains nothing of warcraft/silly's. What am I not understanding about your complaint? And what does it have to do with the topic of this thread??
    Yes, the same thoughts went through my head as well. And all I could come up with as a result was: This smells funny. And not appetizing.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Unregistered

It means you can post as a guest.
    Log out and try it.
    The default name it gives you is Unregistered.

Unregistered

darn... you can...

((but you still need 25 characters...grrr))

well if you can post as a guest, then the system recognizes your id and you should be able to log in as yourself if you remember the correct password... or else the system is not closed to nonmembers.

again, how does this relate to the topic of this thread?

Unregistered

Let's see if it works for me too.........

Blargh

Of course it will work for you too !

Unregistered

Default alpha player

I had never tested before and only 6-9 nonAE employees were in the world of New Trismus. The females wore those Nasty ugly colored beginning new costumes just like they do NOW. (this fact cost AE over 250 accounts of women who refused to play at launch as a result and refused to come back later on as future customers--but it is not like AE did not know, becuase we told em it was going to happen)

A number of blue moons have passed since i have posted. i did post once on PB's their orginal intent, subsequentcial usuage and why. The thread was immediately moved, i noted at the time.

One poster noted a whole series of nerfs occurred from selfishness of players both individually and collectively. (Tho in many cases the latter more from player reaction to change than a proactive stance of play.)

Selfishness was discussed in early beta when i posted on it before and i was called a communist due to my own dirvergent view of what would happen in a "player economy".

I sent in 5 letters to EI about a variety of issues in regards as a customer and as a player.

We told AE what was going to happen in this game and was told and i quote "trust us, we know what we are doing .........." *looks around* guess what? it happened just like we told em it would in the focus group..............

I have read this thread.........

We are ALL selfish to one degree or another. This __Fact__ is part of the human condition. I would like to point out that, NO altrustic entity pays for my family's account(s).

therefore in a broader view.........

When selfishness affects the community, which in turn results in the degredation of the "paying" player base then it is harmful both to the business providing this world for us and remaining established player base. New players are in turn affected.

Question answered as far as i am concerned.

I love this world as a player and dont intend to leave. I am a bootstrapper and few know what i know, and fewer still are those of my seasons in the world that remember what it was __Supposed__ to be and the history of how it came NOT to be. In fact, i am going to be getting another account to support this game AND my own manner of selfishness. I am having fun by golly for the first time in this game. I have bootstrapped my way thru all the nerfs that nailed me arse, for all the poorly thought out __designer__ based reasons. Since i am willing to put my Money where my mouth is, a new account will be forth coming.

i wish you all well and hope for best for all of you in game and out!

Unregistered? What is this?
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

as near as i can tell, "unregistered" is the id assigned to someone with an account when they are not signed in. i'm not sure if those without accounts can also use it. has anyone posted as unregistered without signing in first to access the forums, then signing out to post as unregistered?
    and why not just post as yourself? comes across to me as cowardly to not own up to your posting being your own.

Since people haven't been able to make new forum accounts for 6 months now, that might be the reason?

menkure, your posting as 'unregistered' i respect because you did put your name on it, and i long respected you as a player. i am sorry for your situation and wish you well in the future.

the original 'unregistered' post i saw on the forums (i think it was on thread about blight) was an unsigned, whining complaint that had nothing to do with the topic of the thread, which really annoyed me. in my opinion, that kind of selfishness truly does hurt the game.

Unregistered

I posted in this thread to see if I actually could, but have not posted in any other place on these forums as an unregistered person.

I would love to contribute to this forum using my forum name. That, however, is not possible as I have forgotten my password and the forgotten password link does not appear to work for me. Prior to this, the forum was playing up when I was trying to log in, and although it allowed me to register, it would always time out when I tried to log in.

I have not been banned so it is nothing to do with that.

So no cowardice here, Awdz, just a system that is broken, I'm afraid. Maybe the new owners will fix it sometime soon?

Take care

She Who Is Unable To Log In.

She Who Is Unable To Log In.
    so why not sign with something we can actually identify you (your character) by? i think i would take you more seriously then.

I sense it quite rude not to sign the posts.
    No reasons I could accept.
    I´m not going to communicate with somebody who has no name.

Thread Information