Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Human Crusader's Steel Platemail Breastplate

Nordico

Default Human Crusader's Steel Platemail Breastplate

and it has a thick white Crusader's Cross on the breastplate (resistant to die/coloring) if you find it on Unity - PM me a offer. If you find it on Chaos or Order please send it to Unity with a parcel service. Just don't tell me it's not in the game ;-)

Nordico

Default Re: Human Crusader's Steel Platemail Breastplate

I knew it ;-)
    But you wished it eh?

Not really, no. It has no more place in Istaria than a suit of armor that proclaims "There is no god but Allah and Mohammed is his prophet." It would fit in DAoC, though. The time could be better spent developing more Istarian armor types.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Nordico

Where did religion get into this? So YOU know better than others what is a Istarian type of armor... rotflmao

A Crusader's Cross is an explicitly religious symbol - or hadn't you noticed?
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I'd say leave it be LO...you can't expect the younger generation to know much about history...I mean, there are better things to do in class than learn, right?
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

On the other hand, what would very much fit in is an armor with the symbol of Istara. Just the perfect thing for Knights of Creation. [:)]

Which reminds me, are there no more than four of the pantheon that are recognised ingame? We know that the old deity lore is officially not canon anymore, so the list must be drawn from actual NPC conversations. We know of Istara (creation, and most ikely the chief of the pantheon), Drulkar (dragons), Brobbet (dwarves, justice) and the patron of fiends (Niatha? of vengeance), but are those all that have been mentioned?

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Kass, goddess of the Sslik and the aquisition of goods through honorable means...i.e. commerce and war...

That's not official canon, but was pre blackout like the others listed above, so it should work
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak

We can assume Alyssa, the nature goddess, is still considered canon. IIRC there is an item called Alyssa's Tear, and I think she shows up in the names of a couple trinket effects.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

That's not official canon, but was pre blackout like the others listed above, so it should work
    Pre-blackout material is nearly all null and void. But, thereare actuallyquite a few Deities were mentioned as part of the effects you get from Trinkets and from other locations.

Istara (Creation) (Humans, Gnomes)
    Drulkar (Fire) (Dragons)
    Niatha (Vengeance, Power) (Fiends)
    Nyrevin (Death, Rebirth)
    Markus (Trickery, Chance)
    Daggarth (Malice, Strength) (Half-Giants)
    Brobbet (Justice, Honor) (Dwarves)
    Alyssa (Nature, Focus) (Dryads)
    Bachanatus (Artistry, Revelry) (Satyr)

And then there are a few others that haven't been mentioned yet.

Galderos (Beasts, War) (Elves)
    Kaasha (Serpents, Rain) (Sslik)
    Merrasat (Sun, Knowledge) (Saris)
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Lore! We've struck lore!
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

I'm not sure if I should be happy to finally have a dev released name for the Sslik diety, or angry that they didn't release it sooner and now everything I have written and RPed is null and void...

Oh well, I'll settle for a mixture of both (And hope that Kaasha is not somewhere in the game, or else I'll just be angry with myself)

Ssilmath Torshak

Kass, Kaasha, with your accent, how could you expect uz zilly memmals to know what you were saying?
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

Nordico

LaughingOtter why are you derailing my tread?

Read the forum rules

Nordico

Ssilmath
    How old are you?

Nordico

Allow me to totally disagree :)

If derailing to a hot topic say like religion is ok - then take out that forum rule.

I did not *ask* for anything it was actually a observation - is it my fault that you actually can't think of a Paladin without seeing the cross in your mind? The intent of the poster was a I-Know-It-All and You-Are <*> type... But does that mean that AE/Tulga are <*> bc they did not put in say.. a Samurai ? - No it does not.

And then a pal comes in and comment's on my: Age and Knowledge.... Just to support the first one.

Actually I don't care about this - I have read alot on this site - and I see alot of posts from a very few people that are of the type: Put down others, and blow up themselfs.

Nordico

Thanx for giving me intelligent response - it is appriciated, trust me. Even though we have different views on things ;)

I think that AE/Tulga will have to live with the fact that they did put in a PLDN and not a Samurai (as an ex.). Does that mean that they don't like Buddah and are only for ************? I think not.

The only thing I can do is: Never go into a tread created by certain persons and never reply to these person's posts. Other than that I am having a great day - and still laughing ;)

Nordico

Quote: "There is no god but Allah and Mohammed is his prophet."
    And you said it was ok to derail my post toward religion... Thats where ************ came in ;) I was just rolling with the new derailed cource of the tread...
    I only mentioned the Paladins Crusaders Cross (I did not start a fanatic relious war;)

I know the history of HZ and even better of the forerunner Demize <no pun intended>

Quote Originally Posted by Nordico
    Where did religion get into this? So YOU know better than others what is a Istarian type of armor... rotflmao
    My response was to this...

It is a well known fact that the Crusader Cross is a deeply religious symbol, as anyone who has taken a high school world history class should know...Hence, calling into question the OP age and/or knowlege...Pertinent, on topic, and with just that bit of sarcasm that pisses people off...

You may now return to your regularly scheduled hating of the people who speak their minds...

Ssilmath Torshak

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    Lore! We've struck lore!
    ROFL !

btw thanks for the rundown of deities Amon, really appreciate it [:)]

As for this sslik, I follow the goddess Alyssa, she has been my guiding light since I first explored the lands of Istaria. I'd gladly quest for an emblem that proudly proclaims my allegiance to her !

on the subject of lore and hidden mysteries, I often wondered if a certain gentleman in the bottom floor of the dome in Tazoon was a precursor to a bard school, now that'd be an interesting deviation from what we've come to expect in the way of traditional adventure schools [:D]

Thread Information