Thread: Are any Devs around? Loading problems.... Help!

Risen

Default Are any Devs around? Loading problems.... Help!

Thanks for the reply LaughingOtter. I have it working... sort of. Its alot faster than before but still hangs up sometimes (but im not touching anything else, I dont want to mess it up) :)

Default Re: Are any Devs around? Loading problems.... Help!

Well, you might try setting your Horizons folder as an exception in your anti-virus on-access scan. That's the only thing that leaps to mind. It takes me 4-5 minutes tops to get logged in, usually less than that. The long download time and the long delay with character creationis interesting, because they have nothing to do with one another on the remote side.

I don't havea "high-end gaming system" and I'm having none of these issues. Server-based issues tend to impact all users regardless of system specifics. Application-based issues can impact some users more than others based on individual configuration. Offhand, I'd say you have a configuration that is impacting the ability of the game to run. Make sure the istaria.com domain is trusted and open through your firewall & any Internet access controls you have, then see what happens. Then, file a ticket & send a zipped debug log.

Good luck.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Thread Information