Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A final plea to you, Tulga Games

Default Re: A final plea to you, Tulga Games

Quote Originally Posted by Tryagain
    lol there is nothing in any contract that would prohibit them from saying they are aware of the Unity situation and there is nothing they can do legally about it. No claus whatsoever... this isnt about national defense. Please lets not vault the game to those paramount heights shant we not ? [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img].
    Oh really, Tryagain/Grimlik? Nondisclosure clauses are a standard feature of settlement agreements. Many employment agreements prohibit disclosure of salary and bonus features to other employees. Those are the first two that popped into my head when I read this paragraph.

Have you read the contract between AE and GN? Or the one that may exist between Tulga and GN? No? Then your speculation that it does not contain a nondisclosure clause is less than worthless--it is rumor-mongoring.

But who cares really. If Tulga bled for the community as badly as some think they do I'm sure they would have been emotionally spurned to do something much like the orginal poster of this thread. After all they can read right.
    Obviously we players care, hence this thread. Obviously Tulga cares. Otherwise, it wouldn't still be sending updates to GN. As made obvious by this and your previous trolling threads, you don't care. You've made it clear that you are obsessed with the hope that Horizons die. This is just more of the same.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi1985
    You think they did they for free? just from the good of their hearts? You don't think GN pays Tulga a fee per player?
    It could be that the pricedifference between Europe and NA is because Tulga wants his 12,95 dollar and GN has to pay Luca with the rest.
    There is a interrest for Tulga Games to not let it happen that another shard gets closed. It would have an impact on the status that Horizons has in the press currently,and the press is the only way for Horizons to get some bigger advertising. The closure of shards isnt any advertising, its just bad press that everybody would like to avoid. This is a interest to give GN the updates.

Besides that: Why do people think that there is a pricedifference between EU and the US? Both subscribtions cost 12,95. GN earns the same amount of money as Tulga does for each subscriber. The difference for us EU players is just because of the currency exchange. Both have costs for hosting, employees, rental, etc. that are not influenced by any currency exchange values.
    Cerjar de Viejalcazaba - Paladin
    Rahskha - Ranger
    Farandor - Ancient Helian Dragon

...Realm of Unity...

Kerik

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    Actually, AFAIK GN does NOT pay TG anything. No contract = no reason for GN to keep paying.
    Quite the contrary, the fact that GN is still receiving server code updates is a clear indicator that there is a contract.

A company changing hands does not invalidate existing contracts unless that is part of a court ordered bankruptcy settlement. Did AE actually go through a bankruptcy or did they just file chapter xx? Filing for bankruptcy is an all together different beast than actually going bankrupt.

I would wager that the existing contact is simply exchanging a royalty for updates and probably doesn't go further than that.

My advice would be to dig back to when this agreement was first announced andlook for press releases. It would, at the very least, produce the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerjar
    Besides that: Why do people think that there is a pricedifference between EU and the US? Both subscribtions cost 12,95. GN earns the same amount of money as Tulga does for each subscriber. The difference for us EU players is just because of the currency exchange. Both have costs for hosting, employees, rental, etc. that are not influenced by any currency exchange values.
    ? really, if I have to pay 12,95 I'd rather do it in dollars than in euro's. If you don't think there's a difference will you give me 12,95 euro if I give you dollar 12,95?
    She heard Nanny say: 'Beats me why they're always putting invisible runes on their doors. I mean, you pays some wizard to put invisible runes on your door, and how do you know you've got value for money?'
    She heard Granny say: 'No problem there. If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.'

Contract or no contract, GN are harming Horizons by saying and doing nothing, Tulga are not helping the situation by keeping quiet. There have been some comments made by David Bowman in the IRC channel in the past, however there is nothing 'official' in the sense that it is either presented here on the forums for all to read, or in the form of a press release (should there be anything to warrant a press release).

I think after all this time all I really want to see is an official statement from Tulga stating what is happening, why it's taking so long, and what we can expect to see from the on-going negotiations.

GN do not benefit from their current stance, they are losing subscribers - and rapidly. Tulga only benefit ever so slightly from this, a small portion of players move to Tulga's shards, but the vast majority of EU players will not start over from scratch despite loyalty to the game. Any MMO is an investment of time despite being fun. If the investment of time (building up characters) was not an issue then we'd all be playing one-time payment games, or subscription free games which are on the rise (you know the type, free to play forever but you can always stop by their 'item mall' and purchase double experience scrolls, magical weapons, and so on).

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi1985
    ? really, if I have to pay 12,95 I'd rather do it in dollars than in euro's. If you don't think there's a difference will you give me 12,95 euro if I give you dollar 12,95?
    I said: The difference for us EU players is just because of the currency exchange.

So, no i wont pay you 12,95 Euro for 12,95 US Dollar, as long we have a strong Euro and a weak US Dollar.

You said: It could be that the pricedifference between Europe and NA is because Tulga wants his 12,95 dollar and GN has to pay Luca with the rest.

There is no pricedifference for GN and Tulga: GN gets 12,95 Euro and has to spent these in Italy and Germany for employees, hosting, rent, etc. Tulga gets 12,95 US Dollar and has to spent these in US for employees, hosting, rent, etc. Just because of the fakt that we have a strong Euro it does not mean that employees, hosting, rent, etc get cheaper for GN then for Tulga.

Just do clarify a bit what i meant, i dont want to discuss this here any further.
    Cerjar de Viejalcazaba - Paladin
    Rahskha - Ranger
    Farandor - Ancient Helian Dragon

...Realm of Unity...

So, no i wont pay you 12,95 Euro for 12,95 US Dollar, as long we have a strong Euro and a weak US Dollar.
    pitty [:)]

You said: It could be that the pricedifference between Europe and NA is because Tulga wants his 12,95 dollar and GN has to pay Luca with the rest.

There is no pricedifference for GN and Tulga: GN gets 12,95 Euro and has to spent these in Italy and Germany for employees, hosting, rent, etc. Tulga gets 12,95 US Dollar and has to spent these in US for employees, hosting, rent, etc. Just because of the fakt that we have a strong Euro it does not mean that employees, hosting, rent, etc get cheaper for GN then for Tulga.

Just do clarify a bit what i meant, i dont want to discuss this here any further.
    ok, in that case I just agree that we disagree (lol, a whole calculation including all costs etc would take it a bit far...)
    happy hunting / crafting !
    She heard Nanny say: 'Beats me why they're always putting invisible runes on their doors. I mean, you pays some wizard to put invisible runes on your door, and how do you know you've got value for money?'
    She heard Granny say: 'No problem there. If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.'

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr

Oh really, Tryagain/Grimlik? Nondisclosure clauses are a standard feature of settlement agreements. Many employment agreements prohibit disclosure of salary and bonus features to other employees. Those are the first two that popped into my head when I read this paragraph.
    please tant. Stop hiding behind your profession. Contract this contract that. You let your narrow views taint how the real world really honestly works.

Non disclosure agreement or not whats going on with Unity horizons is just plain wrong. Tulga could say something or at least acknowledge the issue and have NO consequences legally at all. You know it ... I know it... you just can't stand for anyone to point at those pink elephants running around the family room. But in the end sometimes you just have to stand up for whats right.

regardless EU horizons will close down soon enough. EU players are free to create accounts on NA shards. Thats about the extent of Tulga's view on the whole subject. They want the game to die so the contract goes bye bye... deny that mr corporate lawyer ?

uh huh. Of course you could take your what ? 5 or 6 figure lawyer salary and portfolio and assist in buying the database from GN ... step up to the plate :P.

I think it's all down to Tulga now.

GN are well and truly distracted with their latest acquisition, the character databases of the two EU LoM3 servers which they picked up for peanuts if anything when the previous operators went into administration. True to GN form they're hyping it all up, while at the same time reducing overheads to bare minimumby merging the two servers into one.

Anyone who's been a GN customer for 2 years or more knows the situation by now. Do not expect existing games they host to get any attention for several months or more. In fact it's safe to say that the only players getting any attention from GN are the ones playing a game with the letters 'LoM' in the name.

In other news GN Online has dropped Droiyan (probably in a deep ocean with a large concrete brick attached by the sounds of things) and GN TVhas been officially renamed 'Babestation'.

All this announced in one day, what else does Digital Bros have in store ? Well some of us would hope better support for Horizons... Sometimes I wish I had a fairy godmother who could wave her magic wand and sort everything out. Tulga, fancy taking up the role of my fairy godmother ? Baela would probably look pretty groovy in a pink dress, little tiara, and a sparkly wand in her hand !

Thread Information