Thread: Community Meeting Log: Feb. 8, 2006

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Community Meeting Log: Feb. 8, 2006

[Community: C`gan] Ok, I think we should get this meeting underway. If anyone has something to say concerning the topic on the floor, please raise a hand, paw, arm, claw, talon, something appropriate.
    [Community: C`gan] Please be considerate and let people speak as well.
    [Community: C`gan] Also, please signal when you are finished.
    [Community: C`gan] First off, announcements. Does anyone have any?
    [Community: C`gan] Our next community meeting is scheduled for February 23 (Thursday) at 9 PM EST.
    [Community: C`gan] Alright, Next item of business is team reports. First off, WorldProjects.
    [Community: C`gan] Sunday we held a build-a-thon for the Sslanis mine and completed it.
    [Community: C`gan] It holds tier 1 gems and viridian azulyte.
    [Community: C`gan] Also on Sunday, the Chiconis community lair crystalshaper chamber was completed. We are awaiting activation of the crystalshaper itself.
    [Community: C`gan] We will have an upcoming build-a-thon on the Ruxus rope bridge and the Selen/Lerena rope bridge on the weekend of 2/17-19.
    [Community: C`gan] All who would like to help with the construction, please come to the WorldProjects channel. We are looking for processors, runners, and placers.
    [Community: C`gan] Next, New Player Assistance Team.
    [Community: Ashuran] *raises a talon*
    [Community: C`gan] Ashuran?
    [Community: Ashuran] I've been keeping the consigner in New Trismus stocked with beginner scales and scalepacks.
    [Community: Ashuran] *lowers talon.*
    [Community: Skaolloaks] *raises talon*
    [Community: C`gan] Skaolloaks?
    [Community: Skaolloaks] *stands* I'll be completing my RoP soon. I plan to spend a couple of weeks on NT helping new hatchlings.
    [Community: Xixasaurus] *Raises claw*
    [Community: Skaolloaks] Is there anything in particular the consigner needs to stay stocked with?
    [Community: Ashuran] Tools...
    [Community: olvander] for the hatchling scales and weapons
    [Community: Skaolloaks] Can't help in this form, I'm afraid.
    [Community: Skaolloaks] *sits*
    [Community: C`gan] Xixasaurus?
    [Community: Xixasaurus] Last time said need containers, so I put some sacks on there for new folks
    [Community: Xixasaurus] Gonna make some satchels and packs too
    [Community: Xixasaurus] *sits*
    [Community: C`gan] Did Frith-Rae send a Secretary representative?
    [Community: C`gan] Hmmm. Well, if Frith-Rae shows up, she can update us on the votes final tallies from the meeting and forums.
    [Community: Yuusuke] <raises a hand>
    [Community: C`gan] Yuusuke?
    [Community: Yuusuke] I have seen just before this meeting...
    [Community: Yuusuke] ... that Frith-Rae did post all the final vote totals and summary...
    [Community: Yuusuke] ...that C`gan, Kwinn, and Frith all did in fact pass vote last meeting...
    [Community: Yuusuke] ...although Kwinn's vote was rather closer...
    [Community: Yuusuke] ...and that the meeting was indeed to be tonight. Thus I am a bit puzzled as to her absence.
    [Community: Yuusuke] <sits now>
    [Community: C`gan] Well, for the discussions upcoming, I will now hand over to Carinde.
    [Community: Carinde] Pardon the interruption. In regards to the votes, currently C'gan has 64 in favor, 4 against, and 6 abstained.
    [Community: Carinde] For Kwinn, 31 are in favor, 21 were against, and 13 abstained.
    [Community: Carinde] Frith-Rae has 56 in favor, 5 against, and 6 abstained.
    [Community: Carinde] If there is nothing else on this, we can take on the subject of "Old Business" for now.
    [Community: Carinde] (Please bear with me, still getting a few things together.)
    [Community: Carinde] All right. First topic open will be "calling the charter into question".
    [Community: Carinde] Is there anyone who has something to say on this matter?
    [Community: C`gan] *raises hand*
    [Community: Carinde] Yes C'gan?
    [Community: C`gan] First off, a little clarification. When we originally put this charter in, did we make a big oops and forget to put in clauses on how to amend?
    [Community: C`gan] *sits*
    [Community: Yuusuke] <raises hand>
    [Community: Carinde] *nods to Yuusuke* Please go ahead.
    [Community: Yuusuke] Thank you. to answer C`gan...
    [Community: Yuusuke] ..no, it was no mistake of omission...
    [Community: Kwinn] sorry for being late forgot meeting was tonight
    [Community: Yuusuke] ..the Charter was expresslywritten to prohibit piecemeal ammendment.
    [Community: Yuusuke] <sits>
    [Community: Kwinn] *raises hand
    [Community: Carinde] Yes Kwinn?
    [Community: Kwinn] what did I miss? do I need to be caught up?
    [Community: Carinde] I'll address that in private. One moment.
    [Community: Carinde] Are there any other concerns on this matter?
    [Community: Boad`icea] ~raises hand~
    [Community: Carinde] Yes Boad`icea?
    [Community: Boad`icea] thank you ..... my concern is that nothing is being accomplished on the voting of "Volunteers" because of the charter. ....
    [Community: Boad`icea] We have tried to vote in for 3 months now and still nothing has been decided. ....
    [Community: Carinde] *notes Yuusuke*
    [Community: Boad`icea] Last meeting, I was able to call for a recall on two popular canidates. ..... not because I thought they should not be approved, but because one person had the power to do so is wrong....
    [Community: Boad`icea] no one will ever be approved the way it is worded now. .....
    [Community: Boad`icea] we do not even have the 40 in meeting now for a vote. .... then we can vote on the forums, this has been going on for months also....
    [Community: Boad`icea] These poor people want to help others, but cannot get approved. this just makes not sense to me. I think that the charter needs to be re thought ....
    [Community: Ashuran] *raises a talon again*
    [Community: Kwinn] *raises hand*
    [Community: Carinde] *notes Kwinn after Yuusuke, then Ashuran*
    [Community: Boad`icea] One person should not be able to ask for a recall and start the whole thing over again. We can finalize nothing. This seems like we will be wasting more time, when volunteers just want to get on with helping. sorry for so long. ~sits~
    [Community: Carinde] Thank you Boad`icea. Yuusuke?
    [Community: Yuusuke] <bows to all> Friend Boad`icea, I think you might have overlooked a small thing in all this, well two...
    [Community: Yuusuke] ..First, that we *have* approved 3 officers, finally. the officers stand until recalled...
    [Community: Yuusuke] ...and that second, I would counsel that it is not a terrible thing that only one person need speak to call any matter into discussion...
    [Community: Yuusuke] ..as they can not bring it to a vote with out 3 voices...
    [Community: Yuusuke] ...and can not conclude a vote with less than 40...
    [Community: Deth] But thier may be one bugged that is still fixed on blight and waiting to be pushed live but not sure.
    [Community: Yuusuke] ...is it not better to sacrifice a little expediency in conduct to allow any who might have a concern to bring before us any matter of concern?
    [Community: Carinde] Thank you Yuusuke. Kwinn, please.
    [Community: Kwinn] Yuusukes second part of his statement addreesed part of what I wanted to say, the other....
    [Community: Kwinn] like it or not, this is a political organization. If US Congrees is any guide, it should take us slightly less than forever to get anything done facts of politics
    [Community: Kwinn] lastly, no vote, recalls, whatever aren't going to stop folks that want to help from helping -done-
    [Community: Carinde] Thank you Kwinn.
    [Community: Carinde] Ashuran?
    [Community: Ashuran] Kwin stated my point. We do not need approval to, nor do we seek approval for helping others. Which is as it should be.
    [Community: Ashuran] *lowers his claw.*
    [Community: Kwinn] *high claws Ashuran*
    [Community: Carinde] Thank you Ashuran. Would anyone else like to speak on this matter?
    [Community: Carinde] Yes C`gan?
    [Community: Mystif] *raises hand*
    [Community: Carinde] *notes Mystif*
    [Community: C`gan] On the matter of volunteers for team lead positions, would it not be prudent to put a clause in the charter saying that if one person and only one person volunteers, they get the position as of the next community meeting?
    [Community: C`gan] Save the vote time?
    [Community: Carinde] *notes Yuusuke after Mystif*
    [Community: C`gan] Also, if two lead positions are up for vote and only two people volunteer, they are automatically accepted as of the next meeting?
    [Community: Carinde] Thank you. Mystif, you have the floor.
    [Community: Mystif] Volunteering is something we do to help people and it takes a lot of work. I thought it was very interesting that those that called for a recall did not volunteer themselves for hte position
    [Community: Emera] *coughs and raises a paw*
    [Community: Carinde] *notes Emera after Yuusuke*
    [Community: Mystif] Kwinn is a very good hunter and can help new peeps with their hunting skills and can arrange for others ot help with other skills as well
    [Community: Mystif] *sits down*
    [Community: Mystif] and thank you for letting me speak
    [Community: Carinde] Thank you Mystif. Yuusuke, you have the floor.
    [Community: Gnarlie] what does being gifted get you?
    [Community: Yuusuke] I rise to speak once again aainst expediency...
    [Community: Yuusuke] ...at least the expediency that would allow any one faction or clique to assert that they speak for all us Gifted...
    [Community: Yuusuke] ...C`gan, I would say most strongly that the debate we had during the writing of the Charter still holds true...
    [Community: Yuusuke] ...that *no officer* who claims legitmacy as holding office for the "community"...
    [Community: Yuusuke] ...should be selected in any way but with the widest possible number of voices called upon to vote aye or nay, or to at least support the process by voting abstain...
    [Community: Yuusuke] ...so, no, I still say: We must stand each candidate before the masses of the Gifted and see if they can stand the test.
    [Community: Yuusuke] <bows and sits>
    [Community: Carinde] Thank you Yuusuke. Emera, if you would.
    [Community: Emera] I apologize to the room for I have been away on RL business, and just found out a moment ago that the meeting was today and currently happening. I'm afraid that I'm behind on what's been covered, so if one would perhaps recap? Also, Mystif, if you were to have read the logs, or perhaps read them again, you will notice that there was at least one who offered to take the stand after voting for...
    [Community: Emera] ... recall, and that was myself.
    [Community: Emera] *holds for a reply*
    [Community: Mystif] sorry I had left the meeting and did not see that
    [Community: Kwinn] raises hadn
    [Community: Kwinn] hand too
    [Community: Emera] Receiving a reply, I stand down. Thank you.
    [Community: Carinde] Yes Kwinn?
    [Community: Kwinn] As I was dainbramaged and missed New player report I would like to add that many folks have really stepped up to the plate in New Player Channel and in keeping New Tris connie well stocked Good Job Everybody :) First Rate
    [Community: Kwinn] -done-
    [Community: Carinde] Thank you Kwinn.
    [Community: Heather] *raises paw*
    [Community: Carinde] Yes Heather?
    [Community: Heather] Just a note, I do recall Emera volunteering for the same position as Kwinn, when the recall was brought up, but somehow, it was overlooked, by accident I am sure.
    [Community: Heather] *end*
    [Community: Carinde] Thank you Heather.
    [Community: Gimlie] *raises hand*
    [Community: Emera] *raises paw*
    [Community: Carinde] *notes Gimlie and then Emera*
    [Community: Carinde] Gimlie, if you would. The floor's yours.
    [Community: Gimlie] I would like to say, as a newbie, i do appreciate everything that all the leaders have done and continue to do...i for one would love to be helped without having to ask....unless i missed the issue.
    [Community: Gimlie] *sits*
    [Community: Carinde] *smiles* Thank you Gimlie. Emera, please go ahead.
    [Community: Emera] Seeing as how it had been misplaced (and no hard feelings if it has), I am more than content to wait until next meeting to go for the 'running' as it were. It does not hurt nor further me to see it taken care of now, and I am afraid that I will miss it if it is. May I have a word as to what shall be done?
    [Community: Emera] I am afraid I must be off, as I have RL things to take care of tomorrow, meaning a possible new job, so it's kind of important. *grin*
    [Community: Carinde] Thank you Emera.
    [Community: Emera] *tilts head*
    [Community: Kwinn] raises hand again*
    [Community: Carinde] On the topic of dissolving the charter, is there any other discussion or calls for a vote? If not, this topic will be considered closed in two minutes so that we may move on to New Business.
    [Community: Carinde] *Yes Kwinn*
    [Community: Carinde] (Correction to my earlier statement, I meant the rest of the "Old Business)
    [Community: Kwinn] ok, Team leads 2 positions only one gets filled can the one appoint an assistant lead? like delegated authority?
    [Community: Carinde] *notes Yuusuke*
    [Community: Boad`icea] ~raises hand~
    [Community: Yuusuke] mine is in reply to Kwinn's: the Charter does limit who are the 2 "offical" officers...
    [Community: Carinde] *notes Boad`icea after Yuusuke*
    [Community: Yuusuke] ...but it makes no mention, nor should it, of assistants, volunteers and others helping...
    [Community: Yuusuke] ...so yes you should feel free to ask assistance...
    [Community: Yuusuke] ...but no, they get no recognized authority.
    [Community: Ashuran] *raises a claw...*
    [Community: Carinde] Thank you Yuusuke. Boad`icea?
    [Community: Carinde] *notes Ashuran follows Boad`icea*
    [Community: Boad`icea] sorry, I just feel that the charter is too binding, if people want to volunteer, then why can't they lead themselves in the new player channel, world projects, etc. ....
    [Community: Carinde] *notes C`gan after Ashuran*
    [Community: Boad`icea] why should someone who is never in these channels be able to vote for someone they do not really see doing the work. volunteers will help as they alway do, wheather they are voted for or not. ...
    [Community: Boad`icea] can't the groups run themselves, without having to be voted upon? Perhaps, it is just me, I don't care for politics and just like to see things getting done.
    [Community: Boad`icea] ~sits~
    [Community: Xixasaurus] *raises claw*
    [Community: Carinde] Thank you again Boad`icea. Ashuran, you're next.
    [Community: Carinde] *notes Xixasaurus after C`gan*
    [Community: Ashuran] I reassert my earlier statement. We do not need approval to nor do we seek approval for helping others. Now as for the leaders' authority question... authority to do what, exactly?
    [Community: Boad`icea] exactly
    [Community: Yuusuke] <raises hand to briefly answer Ashuran>
    [Community: Carinde] Please answer, Yuusuke.
    [Community: Carinde] *still notes that C`gan is next, followed by Xixasaurus.*
    [Community: Yuusuke] thank you. the Charter gives very very little authority to do anything... run the channels, be responsible for the reports... that is about it... very limiting on the officer's "authority. by intention.
    [Community: Yuusuke] <sits quickly>
    [Community: Ashuran] *nods and lowers his claw.*
    [Community: Carinde] Thank you both. C`gan, please go ahead.
    [Community: C`gan] I'll respond to Boad`icea by means of WorldProjects, though the example would be similar with New Player Assistance Team.
    [Community: Kwinn] *at least when NP Teram Lead has a functioning brain :/*
    [Community: C`gan] Volunteers come into the channel (WP), looking to help out. As a team lead, I help them by letting them know what is needed where and who may already be working on it.
    [Community: C`gan] It is helpful to have someone moderate WP so that we don't end up with 15 people running sandstone to one project when the sandston was completed last week.
    [Community: Boad`icea] ~nods~
    [Community: C`gan] It helps to keep the projects running smoothly when they get bogged down. Case in point, build-a-thon weekends are used to bolsteer the builds on long projects.
    [Community: C`gan] For NPAT, it is helpful to keep someone mindful of what's already on the consigner rather than have it flooded with tools and no weapons or armors.
    [Community: C`gan] Thus, the reason to have team leads.
    [Community: Boad`icea] ~comment~
    [Community: Carinde] Yes Boad`icea? *Xixasaurus is next*
    [Community: Boad`icea] I think that the 3 of you are doing a great job ... no question abou t that. my concern was the need for it taking 3 monmths to get you all approved. ...
    [Community: C`gan] *raises hand in response to Boad`icea*
    [Community: Carinde] Please respond C`gan.
    [Community: C`gan] One word: Holidays.
    [Community: Boad`icea] Seems there should have been a faster way. I am glad that it is done now and that the leaders can carry on (as they have been doing during this time of voting)
    [Community: Boad`icea] thank you, I will keep quiet now. Good work group leaders ~smiles~
    [Community: Carinde] Xixasaurus, if you would. Then, I would like to remind all that there are still other matters to attend to, so please bear that in mind as we continue with this meeting.
    [Community: Xixasaurus] *searches little reptile brain* In the tradition of a fine leader, C'gan pulled everything telepathically from my reptile brain and said it. I go back to banging on rocks.
    [Community: Xixasaurus] :-D
    [Community: Carinde] Yes Heather?
    [Community: Heather] Ye stated , a bit ago, that we can bring to the floor, a vote for the charter, to either keep it or reform it, I would like to make a motion that we take that vote
    [Community: Boad`icea] second Heather's motion
    [Community: Archebold] I will third said motion
    [Community: Carinde] Very well. This vote is to dissolve the charter, as it has been expressed that it cannot be amended. Please vote Aye to dissolve, Nay to keep, or Abstain. All debate on this issue will be cutoff to allow for voting.
    [Community: Nawkia] ???
    [Community: Kwinn] NAY Loud and long 1 account
    [Community: Fiko] Abstain
    [Community: Wyrme] Aye
    [Community: Yuusuke] nay (one account)
    [Community: Xixasaurus] Nay (1 account)
    [Community: Nyxxell] Nay
    [Community: Boad`icea] Aye (4 accounts)
    [Community: ssylva] Aye
    [Community: Indred] Aye
    [Community: Archebold] 3 accounts aye
    [Community: Eliora] Aye (4 accounts)
    [Community: Heather] abstain
    [Community: Ashuran] Abstain (1)
    [Community: Wyrme] sorry were voting accounts?
    [Community: Yuusuke] <nods to Wyrme> please state accounts
    [Community: Grummel] Nay (2) accounts
    [Community: Wyrme] Aye 3 Accounts
    [Community: Heather] (( change mine to absain 5 total))
    [Community: Nawkia] what are we voting on?
    [Community: Indred] ((mine is Aye.. 2 accts))
    [Community: C`gan] aye 2 accounts on the proviso it is to be rewritten
    [Community: Kwinn] and just who will re-write it?
    [Community: Nawkia] aye 1 account
    [Community: Yuusuke] <chides quietly> on topic, lads.
    [Community: Carinde] 31 total votes.
    [Community: Carinde] Nay, 1 account.
    [Community: Carinde] (Voting will end in 1 minute.)
    [Community: Carinde] Total count: Nay, 6 votes; Aye, 19 votes, Abstain, 7 votes.
    [Community: Emera] Abstain, 2 accounts.
    [Community: Emera] Apolgoies if it was late.
    [Community: Darkmagius] good evening
    [Community: Carinde] With the goal of 40 votes not being met, this will have to be referred to the Forums for a final count.
    [Community: Darkmagius] Am I to late?
    [Community: Yuusuke] <nods to Darkmagius> perhaps a vote on the forum for you, sir.
    [Community: Darkmagius] very well, thank you.
    [Community: Carinde] Very well. This topic is now closed, and we shall move on to the next topic. Further voting will be done on the forums.
    [Community: Carinde] On to New Business.
    [Community: Carinde] (One moment)
    [Community: Emera] *dips out for the night, wishing luck to all, looking forward to seeing the end result on the forums.*
    [Community: ssylva] raises claw
    [Community: Carinde] Yes ssylva?
    [Community: ssylva] seeing as there are so few people on it doesnt look like we are likely to reach quorums and since the whole process is likely to be changed anyway -- it might just be bettr to end it here for the night
    [Community: ssylva] done
    [Community: Carinde] *notes Heather*
    [Community: Carinde] Heather, the floor's yours.
    [Community: Heather] I make a motion, to the floor, that we suspend all voting until we see the outcome of our charter*
    [Community: Loacalea] what i miss
    [Community: Kwinn] raises had
    [Community: Kwinn] hand
    [Community: Carinde] *notes Kwinn after Heather*
    [Community: Heather] *done* oops sorry
    [Community: Carinde] Thanks Heather. Kwinn?
    [Community: Loacalea] what was the vote for
    [Community: Archebold] Raises hand
    [Community: Carinde] *reminds Loacalea to please raise hand and await your turn.*
    [Community: Carinde] *notes Archebold after Kwinn*
    [Community: Kwinn] seems rather obvious to me that the present charter is going away Before it does, we should apooint and ask for a volunteer committee to write a new charter just in case.....
    [Community: Kwinn] and while they are at it, they better write half a dozen or so. This lasted 3 months and took 4 months to write get approved
    [Community: Indred] *raises talon*
    [Community: Carinde] *notes Indred after Archebold.*
    [Community: Kwinn] -done-
    [Community: Archebold] the charter itself is in question, not the present people that have already been voted in , for there positions, i would just like too point out, that there postions will still stand even if the charter is disolved...
    [Community: Archebold] because the present voting system itself is in question , within said charter, i would second heathers motion that all voting from here forward be on hold until this matter is resolved
    [Community: ssylva] third
    [Community: Archebold] sits down
    [Community: C`gan] *lowers hand*
    [Community: Kwinn] *makes motion to adjourn*
    [Community: Indred] I think we're getting a step ahead of ourselves in assuming we should appoint anyone to rewrite the charter. There are those among us who've voted for its dissolution who do not think we need such a charter at all. I also recall there was some question as to Team Lead positions and requests for recall last week, which I assume will be addressed. Thank you. *sits*
    [Community: C`gan] A moment please as Carinde has CTD'd.
    [Community: Gimlie] *raises hand*
    [Community: C`gan] Gimlie?
    [Community: Gimlie] what is a charter?
    [Community: Kwinn] its what ya do when ya fish from the SS Minnow
    [Community: C`gan] The charter is a document written by the community. It's been used now a few months to show how the teams are formed and why we have them.
    [Community: Gimlie] ok...thank you *sits*
    [Community: C`gan] Heather?
    [Community: Heather] While I dont fully understand the rescention clause, I too, would like to know where we stand with that and, what will be done to address the lack of Emmera's name being added for the new player lead ?
    [Community: Heather] *end*
    [Community: Yuusuke] thank you. As to Emera's canidacy...
    [Community: Yuusuke] it stands, and can be discussed, or even called to vote (although we have yet to make quorum tonight)...
    [Community: Yuusuke] ...and if it is called to vote, it will be referred to Forums also...
    [Community: Yuusuke] ..otherwise, it will be tabled for old business next meeting. <sits>
    [Community: Yuusuke] <looks like he missed something>
    [Community: C`gan] Yuusuke, a motion was made by Heather, seconded by Archebold, and thirded by ssylva to suspend voting until the charter issue is resolved.
    [Community: Heather] *nods* thank ye C`gan
    [Community: Yuusuke] ah, I see. forgive my brief absence.
    [Community: Xixasaurus] *scratches head...voting to suspend voting?*
    [Community: Heather] ok, I used the wrong word, what about the votes that were called for to rescind said votes of the past meeting?
    [Community: C`gan] So, we could discuss the candidacy of Taregan and Heather, but voting tonight would be much discouraged until we are clear on how the votes truely read.
    [Community: Yuusuke] i was to move to adjourn...
    [Community: Yuusuke] ..but I see others might wish discussion time...
    [Community: Yuusuke] ... still, with no disrepect, I so move we adjourn for the day.
    [Community: Heather] I second it
    [Community: C`gan] Is there a third for adjournment?
    [Community: Xixasaurus] Third
    [Community: C`gan] Heather thirds.
    [Community: Heather] oops
    [Community: Kwinn] bleah this ia a king sized load of crap
    [Community: C`gan] Two things prior to adjournment. First, we need moderators to volunteer.
    [Community: Boad`icea] ~laughs~
    [Community: C`gan] Second, our next meeting is 2/23/06 at 9 PM EST.
    [Community: Kwinn] I wanna say something
    [Community: C`gan] Kwinn?
    [Community: Yuusuke] <casts Flame Resistance>
    [Community: Kwinn] All this has come about because one person, ONE has a little axe to grind with me. He doesnt give a ******** about New Player or Community he has a petty little bone to pick and has thrown this community meeting thing into turmoil
    [Community: Kwinn] if you disagree, read the logs everything was hunky and dory till he spoke up and it was and is personal on his part. I dont give a ******** either way but it has devolved into what has happened tonight
    [Community: Kwinn] and its ridiculus. I'm outta here. Will be in New Player doing what I do to help if ya want to catch me
    [Community: Kwinn] Later
    [Community: C`gan] This meeting is adjourned.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Default Re: Community Meeting Log: Feb. 8, 2006

I think it is time I said something in regards to this matter. Since there is no current topic for the vote to dissolve the charter, I shall place my vote here in this thread.

The community meetings were first started on the Spirit Shard.. right after the Liberation of Feladan. On Spirit, I was the 'project lead' for the Feladan raids, and I set up bi-weekly meetings, getting some 40 guild leaders together. We used those meetings to coordinate and plan ahead for the weekend that we would assault Feladan and finish the Ethereal Substanciators.

After we freed Feladan, a friend of mine.. Drezin.. who was in charge of the crafters during the raids, started up the "Spirit Guildleader Meetings" These meetings went on monthly untill the various RP shards were merged into Order. After Order went live, they continued on, and became what they are now.

When we started them, the only rule we had was that the Moderator of the community meeting was a rotational position. It was completely volunteer, and you could not do it twice in a row. I was the only one to do it twice in a row, and that was cause the one that volunteered after the merger didn't make it, and everyone else that was there asked me to. I did, but very reluctantly.

That was the only rule... and at the time, that was perfectly fine.

See, back then.. we didn't need team leaders... or project leaders. The Guildleaders Council was primarily a meeting for guildleaders and members of the community to get together and talk about things. It was an open forum... meant to foster guild-to-guild relations, and to bring abouts a community..

It also gave us the chance to co-ordinate with other guilds, especially when such co-ordination was necessary, such as world events.. things which required the building of bridges or artifacts..

And we didn't need a charter... While we did vote on certain issues or subjects, we all knew that everything was volunteer.. No one had to do anything, and the council had no authority to tell others what to do. We knew we had no power.. and we were fine with that. What was important, was fostering the growth of the community.. to bring people together, and work together to get things done.

As I see it now though.. the Council has changed quite drastically from what it once was. There is a charter now.. there are set rules.. And we even have people quoting examples from "Robert's Rules of Order".. as to how things should and should not be done.

And while it's okay to have 'team leaders' for certain things.. It's not necessary. C`gan said as in regards to Kwinn's job: "For NPAT, it is helpful to keep someone mindful of what's already on the consigner rather than have it flooded with tools and no weapons or armors."

But the counter argument to that is... any crafter who is helping others and new players by keeping the consigners stocked of tools, weapons, and armor is going to check the connies FIRST and see what is needed, so that they make the things that are most needed.

The same thing with the World Projects.. A leader does help, but one is not totally necessary. And we do have people who stand up and take the lead.. co-ordinating and working with others, without the need of any such title...

And you know, maybe in the past a charter was needed, because of how big the community was.. but truthfully, our community is soo small today, compared to what it once was two years ago, or even a year ago after the merger, that is isn't necessary. I remember when I was the moderator for the guildleader's meetings, and the guildhall in Dalimond was completely packed with people. Now a days, we're lucky if that many people are even playing at once in all of Istaria.

So why do we have this charter, when all it seems to do today is just complicate things?

I think we need to go back to our roots. The guildleader council meetings should be an open forum... to foster communication and relationships.. Not be a carbon copy of the U.S. Senate or the House of Commons, where 90% of everyone's time is spent voting on things that, with the current system, will never get passed... or if it is passed it'll be some 3 weeks, or 3 months later.

Thus, I make my vote:

AYE - To dissolve the charter (( 1 paid active account ))

-Menkure

I've commented on this many, many times. I will do so again in this thread. There is absolutely NO REASON to have any charter, team leaders, leaders of any kind. I view this as nothing more than ego stroking and needless pedestals for people to be exalted above the rest of the players in this community. This is a game full of pixels, nothing more. I did not attend last night's meeting, mostly on purpose. I will enter my vote here and whatever comes out of this entire load of hogwash, I will return to playing this game for my enjoyment and totally ignore any so called leaders, charters and BS. I feel strongly on this issue because I liked community meetings when they were about getting together to talk, share information and shoot the breeze, I started to detest them after all of this charter/leader nonsense.

My vote:
    AYE-On dissolving the charter completely.((2 accnts))
    "Sarcasm! Just one more of the FREE services I offer."

A long, long time ago, on a world called Dawn . . .

We didn't have a World Projects Team. Instead, whenever something needed built, whether a community structure or an event structure, someone (usually Sapphire Sniper) would simply post on the Dawn forum what needed to be done. And word would spread in the MarketPlace. And it got built. There were no "leaders," just helpers dedicated to doing something good for the community. And more often than not, Dawn was one of the first three servers to complete any event structure. Many of those helpers are still around today. They didn't then, and they don't now, seek any recognition for their work. The joy of adding even just a small bit to the community at large is reward enough.

We didn't have a New Player Assistance Team. Instead, folks just individually wandered over to New Brommel (then the hub for all new players) to stock up the consignor there. To surprise a brand new player dressed only in his/her tutorial rags with a full suit of bronze scale and a good blade or maul or bow. To spend an hour or two with one or more new players showing them around the island and explaining the way Istaria worked. We still do that today. Not because we have "leaders" urging us to do it. Not because we seek any sort of recognition. But because it's just the right thing to do.

We didn't have community meetings per se. We didn't need them. We chatted in the MarketPlace about what needed to be done. We chatted in the groups we formed to get things done.

And we darned sure didn't have some community charter or constitution. We didn't need one. And things got done.

I cast two votes (two accounts) for dissolution of the charter.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Having participated in Dawn projects I wholeheartedly agree and cast 6 paid subscription worth of votes in Order to disolve charter in favor of a more relaxed, congenial method of participating in world projects and helping new players.
    Obsidian Order: Preceptor(founding member)
    Order Shard: Sanctuary Bay; Snowfall

Way back on the Spirit Shard guild leader meetings we actually accomplished something. Now all I'm hearing is "He said" "she said" "It said". Seems to me the focus has been lost. [^o)] Is the current charter able to help a new player participate? Or just a random person who wants to help, to have an equal chance to? And have everyone treated fairly? It's a game people. I for one prefer enjoying the game to feel like I'm watching the US Senate in action. See also; my signature.

Vote: Aye for dissolving the charter (2 active accounts).
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

gees you guysk you need to like at least give me 24 hours to start a voting thread....*snorts*

(oh and C'gan, I normallky can't make Wednesday meetings because they start too early my time fo rme to get home from work, eat dinner, etc. I can remind others when they are of course as I did, but normally I am unable ever to attend Wednesday meetings. I can usuallymake the Thursdays) :).

Ok, voting thread MOVING ELSEWHERE (see this is why we lock meeting threads normally ;)).

Please no more voting here!! I will posts the votes here over to the other thread!

Thread to vote in is here:

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=121072#121072

Thank you!

(and meeting agenda for next meeting will be up shortly, with Emera's name added to the candidates - sorry about that it did indeed get overlooked in all the scanning and reading and rereading..and rerereading...)

Thread Information