Have the Devs ever told us why mobs refuse to spawn, at all in some cases?

Yet again, for the THIRD time this week, I am completely unable to do a quest. Why? Because like any other quest in this game, you have to kill mobs. This time, its Citrine Golems. Of course, there are no Dedicated areas for JUST Citrine Golems, but anyways.

First I go to the area West of the Tazoon Crater, where there are supposedly Citrine Golems. This is the place they told me to go when I got the quest. Well, I spend the greater part of an hour trying to figure out how to go there, and I arrive there and....

Not a Single Mob. Citrine Golem, or Otherwise.

So I think "okay I'll just wait a bit" ... I waited.... for 15 minutes..... and not a single mob. I wandered the whole area where they were supposed to have been. Of course, the Aquamarine Golems came out, oh yes.... but then they are also way above my level too.

So, frustrated, I start asking in Dragon Channel... they tell me to go to Trandalar... so I go to Trandalar.... the only Attune I have for there is Brandon's Shelf, so from Brandon's Shelf to where the Citrine Golems are, I Sprint through Ice Ogres, Ice Pygmies, Ice Beetles, Snow Beetles, Granite Golems, and Winter Mountain Wolves.... I arrive at the bowl where I was told the Citrine Golems come out....

*gasp*

Not ONE SINGLE FREAKING GOLEM. I'm thinking "Oh God not AGAIN!" So I wait for 10 minutes and eventually I said "Bah, screw it." and closed the game and here I am typing this.

FIX THIS PLEASE. This is getting Very old and frustrating. People suggest relogging... well by the time I FINALLY load the game up again (which takes 15+ minutes mind you), what then? I log in, and the Golems STILL won't spawn? Oh gee I just wasted ANOTHER half-hour...no thanks.

--Dhalin