Thread: Kerian/Avariatus Quests.

Default Kerian/Avariatus Quests.

Well, I've heard from a few more hatchlings who still cannot complete this line of quests. Obviously something about them is borked. I, myself, was able to do them, however I know that my GF cannot, as well as at least 2-3 other hatchlings in Dragon Channel who have told me "Kerian and Avariatus won't give me anymore quests!" When I ask them if they've done all of the quests up until the Prime/Tempered Scale quest.

These quests are a Critical part of a new dragon's life and currently, these quests are not working as they should. If a dragon cannot get (and finish) the first Tempered Scale/Prime Scale quest, then they are not going to be able to get (and finish) the Second and Third quests in this line. My Suggestion is to make Vladtmordt's version of the First Scale quest Active again and let people get that quest until you find out what exactly the bug is.

Its not Just hatchlings who have already passed that point and trying to go back. Its New hatchlings too. Just yesterday, a hatchie named... um.... Nethsomething or Nathsomething, just started playing Horizons. He started his character the day before (or the day before that, I believe) and got Lv12 last night in New Trismus and he said that he was unable to get the quests either.

Please look over these quests a bit more, as they Are critical for any dragon who wants those Tempered/Prime Scales.

--Dhalin

Default Re: Kerian/Avariatus Quests.

This is fixed on Blight and will be fixed on the live servers with the tuesday updae.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

COOL!

*claps* my GF will be SO Happy....

Thank you!

--Dhalin

Anhkmah

I have had this problem too... but at a much lower level. I have created my hatchling yesterday (Feb-18-06) and made it to New Trismus without problems. I did the "Prove Your Crafting Skills" for Kerian and I got the "Prove Your Adventuring Skill" from Avatarius (kill 5 wild grulets - level 3-5 -with your Prime Bolt spell) but when i go out to kill the grulets, no matter how many I kill, the quest does not update and when I speak to Avatarius again he tells me to go out and not come back until I've finished what he asked.

I have tried deleting the quest and restarting it, even went so far as to delete it, wait until the next day (today-Feb-19-06) and then restarting, but it doesn't work...

How can this be fixed and when will it be fixed?

This is on my list to fix. The directions are off. Basically you need to go further down the path into the grass beetles. There is a location trigger BEFORE you can start killing grulets.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

So you should get the first Tempered Scale/Prime Scale quest from Kerian/Avariatus?
    As far as i know we at Unity got the NA tuesday-update last thursday, but.. I did all the Kerian/Avariatus quests as far as I know but didn't get the Tempered Scale one. Is the fix transferred to Unity too?
    She heard Nanny say: 'Beats me why they're always putting invisible runes on their doors. I mean, you pays some wizard to put invisible runes on your door, and how do you know you've got value for money?'
    She heard Granny say: 'No problem there. If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.'

Yes

Hmmm, so any idea why I 'm not offered that quest? 31/24 dragon hatchling and I'm only refered to the rest of Istaria for experience when I talk to Kerian/Avariatus.
    Or in general (because it is perhaps difficult to look at my case) are there other reasons beside being an adult which could prevent getting the quest?
    She heard Nanny say: 'Beats me why they're always putting invisible runes on their doors. I mean, you pays some wizard to put invisible runes on your door, and how do you know you've got value for money?'
    She heard Granny say: 'No problem there. If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.'

To receive the Helian and Lunus scale quests you must have completed the "Learn to Technique a Spell" quest from Kerian. If you have not done that one, then you have not completed the line of quests available on New Trismus.

There are 7 Crafting quests, 4 Adventuring quests, a Helian lore, a Lunus lore, and a "connector" quest to Kion.

Ok, thanks [:)]
    For some reason they started to talk to me again yesterday so I got further quests.
    Btw, think the line of quests is very nice and informative.

Thread Information