Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Resurrection Spell

Default Re: Dragon Resurrection Spell

I'll have to say Dragonaide is winning THAT discussion so far.

Breezes do NOT heal enough, except for Refreshing Breeze.

Even IF you cast Quickening Breeze (and probably get hit 1-2 times during the casting) and THEN take to the Air and fly straight up (probably get hit at least once doing this too), IF you are not fighting a mob with a ranged attack...

You Might... get back some of your Health and escape with your life. But this brings me to this question: What does the mob do during this time? I assume it just doesn't stand there in battle mode patiently waiting for you to come back down.

My guess, is that it gives up, wanders back to its spawn location, and regenerates is health.

[Edit: Not to mention, It only lasts 30 seconds. That's it. And it doesn't heal all that much. I think, Total, my Quickening Breeze II (I'm Lv44) heals about, roughly 40-50% of my HP over the period of 30 seconds. So IF I took to the air Immediately After casting Quickening Breeze... and assuming I didn't get arrowed/spelled to death trying this stunt, and accounting for getting hit 1-3 times while pulling this off... I wouldn't end up with much more HP than I would have had before beginning the maneuver. So, the ONLY thing Flight does, is gives you a Possible escape route, IF there are no cliffs near you, IF the mob is not a ranged attack mob. And doing so, you will probably lose aggro and the mob is going to regenerate and return to where it came from. You can do the SAME DANG THING with Saris Sprint. And yes, you CAN use Abilities while sprinting. Sprint until the mob is about 15m away from you, pause, use Instant Heal on yourself, keep running. You can't even do that while flying, mind you.]

--Dhalin

40-50% of HP eh? Not bad, not bad...I think Instant heal is what, 20% perhaps? Plus, a person with Saris Sprint has the same limitations (Rooted, ranged attacks) as anyone flying, and a Saris is not the only playable race...Most people do not have that ability...

As for your comment on every biped having 4+ healing spells, that's completely wrong...Only a very few classes can cast more than 2...All others (Paladins even!) are restricted to two healing spells that combined heal about 25-30% of HP...Doesn't matter if you have level 100 healer, the moment you switch to warrior (Or any of the other non healing classes)you lose all but the revitalizes and the instant heal, at half the level that a healer has...

In other words...

Be happy with your res at ancient, which is a gimme that doesn't affect your rating or require any extra effort on your part (Correct me if I am wrong there, but from what I understand it is part of the quest series to become ancient) and...

Let the peds have something unique to bring to a group...at least till level 90...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

It doesnt heal anywhere close to 40%, they are quite weak.

Still though, in general I agree with Sil on this. Healing is not a strong point of a Dragon. Just the way it is.
    Lumineux Talar

Yes Ssilmath its one of the rewards for killing one of the guardians in the rift... you dont even have to complete Arop to be able to rez.

25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineux
    It doesnt heal anywhere close to 40%, they are quite weak.

Still though, in general I agree with Sil on this. Healing is not a strong point of a Dragon. Just the way it is.
    From memories, so I may be wront.

It tick every 3 seconds, for 30 seconds, so 10 ticks.
    A level 100, it heal about 40hp per tick
    Over 30 seconds, you therefore heal 400 hp out of 3000, which is about 13 %. And you lost most of those healing by monster counter attack.

So don't rely on breeze to save you on a tight spot.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

When I said 40-50% I was being Generous, before Anyone would try to pop and say "b-b-but its MORE than that!"

Oh, and my Lv10 biped...he's...

Lv10 Cleric
    Lv10 Warrior

He has Instant Heal, Training Revitalize (might as well consider this as Last Tier's Revitalize when I get Lv20), Revitalize I as a Warrior. That's 3 heals. As a Cleric, add Group Heal to the list, that's 4 heals. As you rise up in Levels, you STILL have all of the earlier Tier Healing Spells... so.. a Lv100 Warrior Lv100 Cleric has Revitalize, Revitalize II, Revitalize III, Revitalize IV, at least. And Instant Heal. If he's currently Cleric, he has even MORE.

This Lv10 dude can take on Lv14-15 beetles without breaking a sweat. Try doing that as a dragon......and his rating is ONLY 11, maybe 12. A Lv12 Dragon vs Lv14-15 beetles... they get hammered, hard. And beetles have Hardened Shell... now let's say I take this same Saris up against.. oh, Forest Spiders. Heh. Piece of Cake.

Not to mention, he gets Raise of Armor, Buffing Spells, spells out the Wazoo depending on which class I have currently active. So uuuummmmm okaaaaaaaaay. Dragons get what? 2 buffs, 1 gift, and 1 ability buff? Well, 2... but you can only have 1 of them active.

--Dhalin

Really? That's really wierd, cause when I took my little draggy, level 12, up against level 15 spiders, 16 beetles and 13-15 sand pygmys,I owned them...without having any hoard given to me either...

Quit your whining
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin
    A Lv12 Dragon vs Lv14-15 beetles... they get hammered, hard.--Dhalin
    I believe you are trying to fight more than you can handle, since you use the plural in terms of enemies. A dragon's main strength is one on one, not multi-mob.

Your comments about hunting in groups seem to indicate a problem not solvable by any spell. If your friends feel "it isn't worth the trouble," perhaps their heart isn't truly in it. Request a rez spell for this reason is simply trying to bribe your friends into staying with the group. Again, I suspect that your are trying to hunt above your means. Mobs that are in difficult places to get to are usually not just regular mobs.

It is not uncommon for a group of hunters to take longer to get something done than a single one. Someone is always AFK or BRB, usually at a most inopportune time. That is simply the nature of the hunt. I believe you will find that "high maintenance" group members are those whose heart isn't truly in it.

Dragons are not healers, by any stretch of the imagination. In groups, the best roles for them is tanks, or if flight-enabled, scouts. It is your choice to employ discrimination by excluding bipeds in your group. Do not expect biped capabilities by doing so.
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

Lower level dragons are weak. But you shouldn't base your whole experience on that. As dragons get higher up in level,they open up more scale slots,they complete more of your ability quests,and they become exceptionaly powerful when played well.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

As you rise up in Levels, you STILL have all of the earlier Tier Healing Spells... so.. a Lv100 Warrior Lv100 Cleric has Revitalize, Revitalize II, Revitalize III, Revitalize IV, at least. And Instant Heal. If he's currently Cleric, he has even MORE.
    Please stay correct, all the different Tiers of Healing Spells do share timer, so you may have them scribed, but there is no use for the lower ones.

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Well about those uber armor buffs you can use in Warrior (57% of all classes, if you got Cleric/HLR lvls as backup) - let's see for lvl 100:
    Raise Armor V: +102 Armor
    Gift of Armor V: +41 Armor
    = 143 Armor

True Grit V = 130 Armor

Well it at least comes close to that....

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Give it up Dhalin.

Game design has that 43% of classes with Cleric level 10 able to ressurect group members and, as an afterthought, adult dragons of level 90+ with their hoard powered "Breath of life." So low level groups can ressurect themselves while hatchlings and young adults have to respawn or rely on bipeds in their group. It is game design. It is dragon reliance on bipeds. Get used to it (easier for Helians than Lunus).

By your forum date you should already know of this.

Lore? Who cares. The dragons of old fell by their solitary selves, relying on the other living races for life giving energies (slaves or not). The Lunus faction must have had it tougher - forcing a biped slave to raise a fallen Lunus or threat of ????. Go figure.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Also all that have such crapy heals it is because you do not put as many points a as a caster does, and no lunus does not mean melee it means adventure, into primal the skil that effects all our heals. Just like a biped warrior/cleric that puts few points into life and a Cleric/Warrior that puts a lot into life the Cleric/warrior will heal much more then the Warrior/Cleric. I put all my points I can into Primal and I notice my breezes keeping me alive. No they are not as good as the refreashing breeze, but I use them during battle and I end up more positive normaly then I did before I cast them. Most of the time the first tick with the heal increase is enought to bump me up one hit depending on what I am fighting.

How many ranged enemies are there in this game? The WA are about it. Flight is a big advantage.
    Most of us have dragon alts, and we know exactly what it is to be fight as one. Remember that before you start spewing out false "facts"

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    Also all that have such crapy heals it is because you do not put as many points a as a caster does, and no lunus does not mean melee it means adventure, into primal the skil that effects all our heals. Just like a biped warrior/cleric that puts few points into life and a Cleric/Warrior that puts a lot into life the Cleric/warrior will heal much more then the Warrior/Cleric. I put all my points I can into Primal and I notice my breezes keeping me alive. No they are not as good as the refreashing breeze, but I use them during battle and I end up more positive normaly then I did before I cast them. Most of the time the first tick with the heal increase is enought to bump me up one hit depending on what I am fighting.
    Um... with 75% of all of my TPs into Strength and T&C, I am fanning the enemy a good 40-45% of the time. You're suggesting I take points out of Strength/T&C and put them in Primal/Power (I Do have some points in those, just not a lot)... then how often would I fan the enemy? I mean gawd.... just last night....on a Snow Beetle, one of my battles looked like this (this isn't an exact log, but Generally what went on):

Dhalin misses the Snow Beetle with Gold Rage IV..
    Dhalin misses the Snow Beetle with Gold Rage IV.
    The Snow Beetle hits Dhalin for 85 points of damage.
    Dhalin misses the Snow Beetle with Silver Strike V.
    Dhalin hits the Snow Beetle for 60 points of damage with Silver Strike V.
    Dhalin misses the Snow Beetle with Ravage II.
    The Snow Beetle hits Dhalin for 75 points of damage.
    Dhalin misses the Snow Beetle with Galewind II.
    Dhalin misses the Snow Beetle.
    The Snow Beetle hits Dhalin for 80 points of damage.
    Dhalin misses the Snow Beetle with Tail Whip II.
    Dhalin misses the Snow Beetle with Breath of Fire I.

I'm like "WHAT THE!?"

And this beetle.... was only 3 levels above me.

Obviously this is an extreme, but still. 80% of the time, 1 of my Gold Rages miss and the other only does half damage. I think I've hit all 3 gold rages for full damage like.... 1 in 10 tries.

How bad would it be, if I took points off of T&C? I'd think it'd be even WORSE, and I hear it gets worse Late End-game on non-boss mobs too.

[Edit: Oh and btw, I am wearing FULL T3 Armor Scales with Strength III and T&C III except the Foreleg which has T&C III and Armor Socket (for when I get that crystal).]

--Dhalin

2 words for you genius... 'Hardened Shell'.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

[img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Deth wrote: Also all that have such crapy heals it is because you do not put as many points a as a caster does, and no lunus does not mean melee it means adventure, into primal the skil that effects all our heals. Just like a biped warrior/cleric that puts few points into life and a Cleric/Warrior that puts a lot into life the Cleric/warrior will heal much more then the Warrior/Cleric. I put all my points I can into Primal and I notice my breezes keeping me alive. No they are not as good as the refreashing breeze, but I use them during battle and I end up more positive normaly then I did before I cast them. Most of the time the first tick with the heal increase is enought to bump me up one hit depending on what I am fighting.

Um... with 75% of all of my TPs into Strength and T&C, I am fanning the enemy a good 40-45% of the time. You're suggesting I take points out of Strength/T&C and put them in Primal/Power (I Do have some points in those, just not a lot)... then how often would I fan the enemy? I mean gawd.... just last night....on a Snow Beetle, one of my battles looked like this (this isn't an exact log, but Generally what went on):

Dhalin misses the Snow Beetle with Gold Rage IV..
    The Snow Beetle hits Dhalin for 85 points of damage.
    Dhalin misses the Snow Beetle with Silver Strike V.
    Dhalin hits the Snow Beetle for 60 points of damage with Silver Strike V.
    The Snow Beetle hits Dhalin for 75 points of damage.
    Dhalin misses the Snow Beetle with Galewind II.
    Dhalin misses the Snow Beetle.
    The Snow Beetle hits Dhalin for 80 points of damage.
    Dhalin misses the Snow Beetle with Tail Whip II.
    Dhalin misses the Snow Beetle with Breath of Fire I.

I'm like "WHAT THE!?"

And this beetle.... was only 3 levels above me.

Obviously this is an extreme, but still. 80% of the time, 1 of my Gold Rages miss and the other only does half damage. I think I've hit all 3 gold rages for full damage like.... 1 in 10 tries.

How bad would it be, if I took points off of T&C? I'd think it'd be even WORSE, and I hear it gets worse Late End-game on non-boss mobs too.

[Edit: Oh and btw, I am wearing FULL T3 Armor Scales with Strength III and T&C III except the Foreleg which has T&C III and Armor Socket (for when I get that crystal).]

--Dhalin
    AS I said in my post your a Warrior/cleric me I am a Cleric/warrior. I use spells with some melee thrown in while I wait for my spells to recycle. My gold rage will never hit with this mega numbers I see other dragons have but I can last longer in fights or be ready my next fight faster then a Melee dragon. Which in the end comes down to the same number of fights in the end as I fight slow but I am ready faster where as you fight faster but are ready for the next fight slower. That is the trade off. You want your cake and eat it too. That should not and can not happen. Dragons are a major combo of Warrior/Mage with a small side of Cleric. The side of cleric will raise and fall with how much your mage side is pumped.

Also as a Lunus, which you will find out once you get into your AROP does not lean toward Cleric. Lunus use the Red, Black which is the damaging crystal that leads me to believe Lunus will have easier access to Mage and Warrior type class, and Helian is the Blue crystal which is the healing gemstones so which leads me to believe that they will be the stronger healers.

Try hunting different mobs. Beetles can sometimes be better killed using spells than claw (at lower levels). various mobs have various strengths, resistances, and weaknesses. On these mobs you are having trouble with, get help. Maybe group with a helian of your same level. Or get 10 adventure levels ahead of the dragon quests, i,e get to level 30 before starting the quests given at level 20. Adjust tactics, try something else if what you are doing isn't working.

When you get to level 80, you can wear the best armor dragons have, triple teched in the highest techs. It helps make the difference and you'll be stronger. Until then expect to learn from your battles.

As far as the original request for a res spell, well to get that you have to become a "multi-class level" dragon. Finish ARoP, and you'll have a res. Until then take a healer druid or cleric along, or take your licks and run back out when necessary.

Um, this was BEFORE the beetle used "Hardened Shell"...

To get a Beetle to use Hardened Shell, you have to take at it down to at least 75%-50% health remaining.

I open every battle with Gold Rage and Silver Strike....this particular beetle, only 3 levels higher than me, I missed all 3 gold rages, 1 silver strike (the other hit for half damage), I missed all 3 ravages, missed tail whip, missed breath of fire...

This was all BEFORE the beetle used Hardened Shell.

And as far as "Fight Other Mobs"... well you tell the Dragon Trainers that. I wasn't fighting beetles becuase I like fighting them, mind you. I Avoid them like a plague unless I'm Forced to fight them. I'd rather fight something else, like Golems, or something.

The general way I fight a Beetle:

Silver Strike
    Gold Rage (unless I missed a lot, it will Harden Shell after this)
    Tail Whip
    Menacing Howl (I do this, to minimize damage during its Hardened Shell phase)
    Wait until Hardened Shell wears off
    Ravage
    Gailwind
    Breath of Fire
    Tail Whip if its back up.
    Drain Strike

And it should be about dead.

--Dhalin

In fact, I've missed all 3 gold rages on a GOLEM.

And Guaran... I don't care if I would do a little less damage than other dragons, my main concern is doing Zero Damage At All.... I mean what, I spend 250 hoard.. and miss all 3 attacks? I mean, um...

That's why I put the majority of my points in Strength/T&C... I was absolutely Tired of the constant misses. I mean, what is Accuracy Breath for? I coulda sworn that it was supposed to make our breath weapon... *gasp* more accurate... but yet, I miss with it almost as much as I miss with Tail Whip...and I have Breath Accuracy III even. There's no Tail Whip Accuracy quests...but yet I have about the same accuracy with both.

--Dhalin

Thread Information