Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Event Quest

Default Re: Event Quest

I use a freezing stone in my talon ( Stinging Cold IV -200 Evasion) helps a little. I'd recommend a high level conjuror join your hunts, and perfect spell -> Stinging Cold V on him every 2 min (soon as it recycles). Or even better, an ICE spell with numbing V tech on it. reduces his evasion (somewhere around 2000 it seems) by 25%.

That, and using ethereal attacks ( misty stones) and you can whittle him down.

Hit him with ice Bolt V teched with numbing V. Helped a lot. But for some reason he used his barrage only on me. Got a 7 DP fight and at the end i didnt even get a loot :/
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

Short addition to what Eni wrote:

I was in that group when Eni was favourite aim for him - and i hit him quite well with my Dragon's GR. Dunno how much the numbing-tech did for it - or my 1650 T&C-skill (equipped some +50-blighted-scales) - anyway i counted 4 completely landed GRs and an overall hit of like 50-60%. So besides the fact he picked on Eni we brought him down relatively fast.

Second Thing that comes to my mind:
    Can it be that i overread it at first - or has his bloodcry changed? In last fight i realized that it is broken after first hit - so Crimson-jewelry with low steady damage should be the way to go for bipeds! *Wonders on which storage-char he has put that crimson-Earring*

Finally a question:
    After getting the first "Singed" Hide, i looted a "Scorched" Hide three times after that!
    - Did anybody else encounter that?
    - (to Amon): Is this working as intended or can it be i'm bugged?

these are the 3 pieces we have on Unity now:

http://hz.mystics.de/networkuploads/...00009185-1.jpg
    Cerjar de Viejalcazaba - Paladin
    Rahskha - Ranger
    Farandor - Ancient Helian Dragon

...Realm of Unity...

after singed, you will loot the other pieces... currently only scorched is dropping.

I found the tent in the camp, east of Daknors roam, surrounded by glowing green symbols. Left, came back 15 minutes later and they were gone. Nopt sure if it's just for looks or has something to do with the event/quest. Killed him after that all people get was scorched.

Since getting all 3 pieces I've killed Daknor twice more, killed the anchor and attendant mobs, killed so many other patrol mobs I've lost count, run around and climbed up the woodshop, run all over the new encampment, been inside tents and towers, explored the swamp, the blight area and the area south of Harro and I've been back to Jatell about 3 times and re-read the spiel he gives. No new messages, drops or updates. I'm out of ideas.
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

Default Event Clues

Please post any clues you discover for the current event.

Here is a screenshot of the glowing symbols around the tent, near the new tomb east of the old thornwood woodshop location...

They only seem to show if you login out there, so they very well could be nothing...

*runs off to help discover new clues and test them out*
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Ugh, uncompressed PNGs are baaad juju! I feel sorry for anyone on dial up trying to look at that. 5 minutes on DSL and it's still not fully loaded for me. >.<

Change pic to jpg so merri can finally download it.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charred Scrap of Hide
    Daknor. Word has reached me about your exploits. Continue your work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scorched Scrap of Hide
    Daknor. Assemble your armies. With your Kwellen, invade the towns of the Living.

Singed Scrap of Hide
    Extend your reach north towards the town of Harro(missing a period here)
    Leave nothing in your wake!

So far, this quest seems pretty straight forward. Those of you who were around
    for the freeing of the Dryads might recall it was a (seemingly) more difficult puzzle,
    yet we didn't moan about it, we worked together and solved the dern thing!

Keep at it.
    Got Cowbell?

addendum:

as I've been out-of-game for a couple weeks, tonight I
    participated in my first slaying of Daknor. I believe we had
    a group of around seven, and the fight seemed about on par
    with the typical General Reklar battle.
    Got Cowbell?

Mageman

Quote Originally Posted by HAG
    Short addition to what Eni wrote:

I was in that group when Eni was favourite aim for him - and i hit him quite well with my Dragon's GR. Dunno how much the numbing-tech did for it - or my 1650 T&C-skill (equipped some +50-blighted-scales) - anyway i counted 4 completely landed GRs and an overall hit of like 50-60%. So besides the fact he picked on Eni we brought him down relatively fast.

Second Thing that comes to my mind:
    Can it be that i overread it at first - or has his bloodcry changed? In last fight i realized that it is broken after first hit - so Crimson-jewelry with low steady damage should be the way to go for bipeds! *Wonders on which storage-char he has put that crimson-Earring*

Finally a question:
    After getting the first "Singed" Hide, i looted a "Scorched" Hide three times after that!
    - Did anybody else encounter that?
    - (to Amon): Is this working as intended or can it be i'm bugged?
    The Crimson jewlery does nothing to help unstun from the Bloodcry.

Since these showed up for Aamer after a relog, I have a feeling they are just for looks. Other instances of non working symbols are in game (breath of fire 3)

This symbol is rarely seen (but is supposed to be visible if you are on breath of fire 3 quest):

Oh, so we're actually meant to see the symbol on the BoF quest? That's news to me!

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

I'm starting to think the loot drop may be completely random, except for the first hide piece. The first one popped to me immediately, without me even needing to open the loot window. This evenign however, a Unity team had rotten luck with Daknor. Some of us were looking for second piece, some third. We took the suggested precautions of opening the loot window and not looting before everyone had it open. Nobody received a single hide. And death poinst; I got four, one from lagging out while tracking Daknor, one from a failed pull, another from a successful pull, and yet another duting combat. The zerker has some curious instakill ability that has good range - it very obviosuly was dozens of meters away when I succesfully kited it to the group and got fragged - and leaves no traces to combat log.

Listening to other peoples' experiences - some have tried for their second hide six times already - it seems to be completely luck of the draw. I hope someone gets all the hides together before too many people tire of camping Daknor.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

o_0 I didn't see those symbols when I did the BOF III quest! Might've had something to do with my texture quality.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

imported_Godly

well i must say i hunt daknor 16 hunts to get second hide and guess what i still didnt get it, dont even want to say how many dp i count in those fights. Also i try scout everything around even try kill name boss around swamp before daknor still nothing. Everyone know i love to kill big mobs but this is too much.
    totaly annoying when some ppl get 3 hide form 5 hunt and many others didnt get even second after dozens of hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Godly
    well i must say i hunt daknor 16 hunts to get second hide and guess what i still didnt get it, dont even want to say how many dp i count in those fights. Also i try scout everything around even try kill name boss around swamp before daknor still nothing. Everyone know i love to kill big mobs but this is too much.
    totaly annoying when some ppl get 3 hide form 5 hunt and many others didnt get even second after dozens of hunts.
    Godly (and others)

I wouldn't be so certain it's necessary for each player to obtain each hide.
    The way the Dryad event worked was that all the pieces to the puzzle
    had to be acquired, but not necessarily by one individual...
    Got Cowbell?

Quote Originally Posted by Nisse
    o_0 I didn't see those symbols when I did the BOF III quest! Might've had something to do with my texture quality.
    *nods*

it has everything to do with your texture quality
    Got Cowbell?

The BOF 3 symbol is mostly bugged and never shows for anyone unless you relog within view distance but before having triggered that step in the quest.

a test would be to go there now, and relog (obviously not doing the quest) and see if it shows up.

The insta-kill he is doing is "Mind Barrage" which is 4 to 8 quick hits each doing 800 to 1600 dmg each. It isn't survivable I do not think.

Thread Information