Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Event Quest

Default Re: Event Quest

Certainly doesn't appear to be a common or every time thing, considering while on the 2nd quest I've assisted in killing Daknor 5 times (2 without the hide in inventory, 3 with), with no luck on getting any additionaly scraps.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Reaching here might it some how be damage type related? I know most use Fire as that seems to hurt him more. I have not faced him a second time but I am sure other dragons have faced him and uses primal spells so would have got a scrap drop if that had something to do with it. Could it be Melee vs Spell maybe?

I heard some thinking the quest was bugged at first could some on the secound quest still have a bugged version of it maybe and need to drop it and reaquire it?

Mostly just reaching for ideas right now. Maybe thier is some hint some where hidden out there.

Side question. Is this the first appearnace of the labor WA? I know when I asked I was told they just run patrol but could the laps mean something maybe?After X laps something is built, or after X-time and a WM see's us doing nothing to stop them they spawn a building that was "built" by them.

Edit: Could it be number of attackers?. I.E. for every 10 attacks one of those ten on the secound quest gets a diffrent scrap? So if there are 30 peopel attacking 28 get the first scrap or no scrap if on the secound quest and 1 gets scrap 2 and 1 gets scrap 3?

We thought of the "counter" method while killing the Kwellens, but nothing resulted. Also, while I was here earlier, I thought about tracking the laborers and haulers to see where they lead. Rather than killing them, I thought they might be going back and forth between camps or some other useful area. After a good deal of following and sneaking around so they didn't notice me, the only thing they lead me to was the anchor near Burris' location. I destroyed that in the hopes of finding information, but again...nothing. I haven't spotted anything that resembles a structure that they actively guard. Near Daknor's location and that woodshop, there's an area with an invisible Skulk and a structure that looks like a sundial. I was told that's for another quest, but I still checked around those areas. Also nothing.
    Carinde "Demigoddess" Ryder
    Citizen of Order, Axe & Anvil Guild

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Certainly doesn't appear to be a common or every time thing, considering while on the 2nd quest I've assisted in killing Daknor 5 times (2 without the hide in inventory, 3 with), with no luck on getting any additionaly scraps.
    You're right PJ, it most certainly doesn't appear to be a common thing, and with only person in the group receiving the part thus far, that means even more camping once we figure out the trigger, if there even is one other than the luck of the draw.

What has been the largest number of players to take him on at once? Just wonder if my Edit above might pan out. That would be somethingas the trend is to see how few players can be used to take out a boss. If they figured out a way to base loot of the number of attackers that may reverse that trend some which I would love to see. If for nothing else gives more players a change at rare drops by incouraging more people to hunt boss mobs togather as the chances of getting a rare drop does not decrease.

The highest I have ever heard of is 20, though I was not there to witness it.

Wyrme Of Light

We took him down today with 9 players. Also I recived my second hide and now have the Singed and Chard hides as well as a few others on Order. From what we can figure out from the last hunt is that the 2nd scrap apeared for some and not all that had the 1st part in the packs makeing it posibly a random drop. Also some players killing Daknor for the first time did not recive the 1st skin. This could be from the Dead and Standing bug caused from group lag or another thought I had was that maybe the other loot was taken out of the corpse before every one had a chance to loot the skin.

At this time I would like to request that we try a diffrent form of looting and see if allows every one to obtain the skin pieces. Here is my idea :

1. Once he drops every one open the loot screen and wait till every memebr of the party has it open.This means if the " Dead and Standing Bug" is in effect for one or more players the entire group or groups wait while they run out of range and back again and open the corpse up.

2. Once every one has the corpse open and can see the bluish skin on they take the SKIN ONLY and leave the rest of the loot in the corpse till every one has had the chance to take the needed quest items since they are the most inportant and the other junk aint.

3. Once every one has looted the skin then and only then some one can remove the other junk from the corpse and random it off or how ever the group has decided to handle the loot from the kill.

I know this seems silly but I truly think that if we slow down and give every one a chance to loot the skins of the corpse that every one stands a better chance of getting the needed quest pieces.

thankx

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrme Of Light
    1. Once he drops every one open the loot screen and  wait till every memebr of the party has it open.This means if the " Dead and Standing Bug" is in effect for one or more players the entire group or groups wait while they run out of range and back again and open the corpse up

2. Once every one has the corpse open and can see the bluish skin on  they take the SKIN ONLY and leave the rest of the loot in the corpse till every one has had the chance to take the needed quest items since they are the most inportant and the other junk aint

3. Once every one has looted the skin  then and only then some one can remove the other junk from the corpse and random it off or how ever the group has decided to handle the loot from the kill.
    We tried to preform this tactic on Unity last night. But it seemed someone did not fully get the idea, and looted everything the second he went down... After a bit of swearing, the rest tried to loot Daknor anyway, and guess what, he gave every single person 1 hide! And, as I was the only person who already had the 1st hide, i received the 2nd. The rest of the group received the 1st hide. So the rumor about being required to be in the same step is NOT true.

I'll try to hunt for another drop of something later today, as i didn't get a questupdate from the Lord-Commander [:)]

Greetings and happy hunting,

Fidri
    Fidri Ragnir of Unity, dwarf cleric, amongst the living once again
    Firnas Ragnir of Chaos, elf warrior apprentice

Maybe the rumor of a hot fix is true. If you are not getting a drop of the secound scrap you need to delete the quest and get it again.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Dremora wrote: Putting an event live when it's not even completed. Brilliant.

Just because nobody has completed the entire quest doesn't mean the quest is incomplete.

During the dryad liberation event this kind of puzzle was regarded as an interesting challenge, not a cause for wearing sackcloth and ashes to complain of the difficulty.
    Well duh. I was talking about the event itself not being completed, therefore no one would be able to advance further.

Anyhow, it seems to me the devs really didn't think this through. Kill the same beast over and over to get different hides is what I'm guessing needs to be done. I don't know about you, but that isn't very interesting.

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

Maybe TG should hire Carinde to help with writing quests - her and group thought of some great ideas there.

I can come up with a "lore" reason for Draknor having all the pieces: Maybe the other kwellen have orders to bring him any other burnt fragments they find, and thus there's a time trigger to getting the second (and subsequent) pieces.
    From a gameplay perspective though, putting all the pieces on Draknor is just plain ridiculous.

Equally good lore: The kwellen commander carrying the orders was attacked by a group of gifted mages (lots of flame attacks thus the orders were burned). Rather than risk the orders falling into the hands of the gifted, he tore them into pieces and gave one piece to each of the kwellens in his patrol whom he then sent away while he battled the mages and eventually died.
    Now all the kwellens have a chance at dropping a fragment, we just have to find and kill the right ones.
    I don't care if I have to kill 100 of them before I get a drop at least I have a reason to kill them and it's a lot better than camping Draknor every 8 hours.

Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

here's some more (failed) efforts to try and do anything other than sit and wait for Daknor to respawn:

Tantalyr noticed more than a few oddities in the whole "Lord Commander" 's quest monologue. To wit...

1) It seems he claims a great reputation, but none of us have heard of him before. He claims to have gained that reputation at the Battle of Wolf's Paw, which none of us have ever heard of before either. He even claimed to be renowned in Song. This led us to try:

1a) Searching for NPC's either in Wolf's Paw area now, as it is rebuilt. *no luck*

1b) Searching Tazoon for refugees of Wolf's Paw, as it is mentioned that was where the survivors escaped to. *no luck*

1c) Checking with the Minstrel fellow who resides in the under-floor of the Tazoon Dome. *nothing new there*

2) His claim to authority is based on having been appointed by the Imperial Council. So:

2a) We spent some time before determining that to the best of our knowledge, no member of the Imperial Council can be found to be spoken to about this. We did speak to both the Ambassador and the Elvish Senechal in Tazoon, just to check. *nothing new there either*

3) There is reference to fortresses of the WA in "Western Istaria"... presumed to be those lands west of the line of perpetual Blight. Well, great. This is open-ended to the extreme, but we tried:

3a) Searching the Western Deadlands, just to see if the presumption of area was overblown. *no sign of anything new there*

3b) Checking on General Reklar. Heis still in his Fortress in the Eastern Deadlands, same as always. *no sign of anything new there*

3c) briefly confirming Valkor is still in business at his castle... yep *same old same old there*

3d) As the messages also spent a lot of time directing us to the "Blood Swamp"... which we believe to be the "Spiritous Swamp"... We checked reported searches of the Bloodskulk stronghold there. *business as usual*

4) By this point we were linking in what we knewfrom the Scout's monologue also, which gave us reason to believe there might be more threats in the area between Harro, Mithril's Anvil, and South Gate.

4a) As we have done since about minute 2 of the event, we made sure the known Anchor south of Old Oaks was dead. *Yep, killed it*

4b) Searched all the terrain in the triangle area defined by the three mentioned towns/villages. *nothing new there but the wandering foes near about the Scout's tent*

4c) Made a concerted effort to trail the patroling mobs moving about within that triangle area. *guess what? they move in a rough circle around where the anchor was*

...and yes, all these effort were made After, and including what knowledge we had, mentioned in Carinde's post about our efforts some post above this.

I am called Yuusuke...

Akiyama Yuusuke yonsei
    The Annatar, on Order

What has got me more upset is last night, after killing Daknor yet again, a group member has received another 2nd scrap, and nobody else in the group received their 2nd at all. If these things have to be looted, which we don't know or not, more people are completely out of luck.

Its getting hard to even log in with this crap.

Mystif managed to get the second part when others in the group got the first part. The fragments dont always show in the loot window either. But dont loot all until everyone in the group has the window open, so they can do a loot all too.

If you ask me it's just a bug ridden quest and rather than admit it, the devs are hiding behind coy statements like, "could be" and "you'll have to find out". There is no riddle to solve, or mystery to discover, it's just plain camp and kill until it drops.

Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

It's not necessary for everyone to wait for the window to be open to loot. each person gets thier own "possible" copy of the hide, and it is totally independent of the others.

Whether you see a hide or not has nothing to do with the 'Loot All' button. We've killed him enough times to know this.

has the quest progressed yet and how much does he spawn now.
    i'm getting ready to get off work and i'm hoping the quest has moved forward. and that he is on a quicker timer then 8 hours

we've gotten a third part, but nothing has progressed, there must be a 4th or 5th.

It reads...
    ....... Assemble your armies.
    Take your Kwellen, Invade the ..... of the living.

guessing thats pretty close to right, the last word being towns probably, or lands.
    Just the first word is a mystery

Pyrros

Did you get third Part after Patch or before? Would be nice to know, so we on Unity had to wait for Patch then....

First word could be "Daknor." Just a guess but would make sense;)

after the patch, the first work appears seven letters

Could be....

Kwellen Assemble your armies.
    Take your Kwellen, Invade theLands of the living.

As eviloverloads always like calling thier lesser race servents by their race. Secound part is just a guess... well so is the first part.

Thread Information