Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Event Quest

Default Re: Event Quest

Pretty sure the first word is Daknor. Periods look like the placeholder dots. It's a 1 word sentence.

From the looks of things, they are patching in 1 new hide per week.

All of thebattle ordersare in and everything players need to do in order to receive themis in.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks Amon. Good to know.

Sweet Amon, Thanks :)

|Stalks off to write some battle orders of his own|

well last night a few people got a third piece on order........mystif being one of them......i didnt loot mine i was given my third piece to see if we need to trade the pieces all to one person or something.

low and behold the quest never updated. the lord-commander says the original sentence to get the quest.

" my time is short" neither me or mystif's quest updated. this was after the patch and after the post by the moderator guy...... the third piece is the scorched hide and i have all 3 hides on me. i have had all the pieces each time i have fought daknor.

is there something we are missing or is it that i must keep fighting him to get piece 4 or even 5 before the quest updates.

if thats the case why is there no counter next to the quest. which would at least let us know how many pieces we are short

We know that in a single kill, the hides can appear for some members of the group and not others. What we don't know, is whether that is purely random, or if there is a trigger requirement needing met in order for each piece of the hide to appear.

What about the possibility that in order for each piece of the hide to appear, we must have passed over a locational trigger before we will get the hide in the loot window ?

We're asked to scout, to find out what's going on. I have this feeling that we should be scouting more. I appreciate that this might be dismissed quite quickly by some who have been everywhere looking for clues, however each stage of the quest might have its own location trigger that must be passed through, after doing so the next Daknor fightyields a hide.

For those of you who have been doing a lot of scouting and running around the area looking for clues, think back and try to remember if you got a hide from your next Daknor kill. Prior to my first Daknor kill I had been running around checking everywhere for clues, and got a hide on the first kill. The second Daknor kill yielded nothing for myself, but I hadn't done any scouting in between the first and second kill.

It's pure speculation, it might cause everyone to get annoyed with me due to lots of futile running around, but it's worth a shot. Those of you who have looted the third hide piece, been doing lots of running around ?

I do not think this is it as I got drop 1 and drop 3 just from flying down from Harro to the battle site. All the scoutting I did was fly by the sulk to see what that was, did not get a drop that time and fly over to the wood shop the next time did not get a drop that time either.

The hides all say "The right person might find this valuable". There's a chance there's another NPC we haven't found, or an old NPC with new information that this refers to. So on Chaos, after getting the third piece, we've tried greeting all the NPC's in Tazoon, New Rachival, most of Harro's guards, all Expedition Outpost npc's, killed outpost anchor, searched for new npc's around harro, morning light, reanimated fort, killed lots of kwellens,climbed to top of Spiritist Tower. Augundell NPC's talk about "The Seige" and it may be fairly new flavor chat. They talk of a nasty WA Sulthan Boneripper, someone named Brobbit, Thier king and the Divine Mandate. Nothing advanced in the quest and they didn't make any specific mention of the kwellens.

I still want to try talking to the 2 newer Dragons in Dralk that came with Reklar, and figure that all the Towers should have NPC's questioned, and be checked top to bottom for new npc's.

Also last week I tried selling trophies to the Scout. Not sure if that has impact on what I might find when I loot Daknor.

Since Amon has said everything for this quest is in game, chances are something hasn't been discovered yet, like a new remote NPC, etc.

well at least a 4th piece is now dropping. from what i heard last night on order a group took him down.......no one got anything..... when he came back up 3 hours later there werent enough people on to take him down again.

things i did notice but this may not be new...

i did notice that the task masters are patroling right up to the gates of harro now. along with the ogres and zombies.

daknor was also alot further north than where he has been in recent days. there also seemed to be a bigger army than usual. in the same screen with daknor last night i saw 6 taskmasters and at least 10 kwellen beserkers. yes i know that dont seem alot but before they were more spread out.

that moderator guy said all of the battle orders are in and everything players need to do to get them are in. i don't think we are missing any new npc's or old ones with new flavor. i think it's just a waiting game until they attack. harro will be taken out i believe in the next few days or at least after next patch. i think it will be the new home of the kwellen beserkers and we will once again have to push them back. maybe if we stop the attacks and return to the lord-commander with news of this things will progress.

the problem from what i can see, and i will include myself in this, is that everyone whats to complete the quest now. this may be a quest that could be around for a bit to entertain the high level players. thats just my opinion. and trust me im not the brightest dragon in the bunch here.

if you think about it why would they put a quest in for all the higher level people and allow them to complete the quest in a day. what would be the purpose in that.at least now they have you hooked, frustrated yes and annoyed yes, but isn't that what 99% of the online games due just to keep you coming back for more.

Can you please tell us what the 4th pieces says?

And if you have taken all 4 pieces to Jetell, and the quest has not updated, then I think your correct about harro being attacked, and that will be part of the next step in this event.

Back out to kill baddies [;)]
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

so nobody finished this "high lvl" event quest already?

Just a passing thought; the "Blood Swamp" keeps bothering me. I, like others, assumed that it was the Spiritous Swamp, but the notion that that might not be so keepspopping up.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Maybe Blood Swamp refers to the sections with the Blood Skulks

from my knowledge as of last night no one on order had the 4th piece. i could be wrong but that is what i was told

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth

All of thebattle ordersare in and everything players need to do in order to receive themis in.
    The second part of Amon's quote is interesting: "and everything players need to do to receive them is in".

We already know how to start the quest and we already know we have to kill Daknor to get them. What else might we have to do in order to receive them?

Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

Just checked out the newly built woodshop and found out instead of a woodshop it's now the new HQ for Daknor.

We built his new HQ for him - rofl! I love it :)
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

imported_Godly

ok we all encounter this ******** Daknor what i want say that mob have insane all type of evasion magic and melee
    with big group of high multiclassed he is still pain
    his ability is very bad area mezz not dispelable etc etc think this mob is like lvl160+ mob
    chance to atack him with dragie is way to low, hit with spell same only PS in combination with spell give damage results

mostly he instant kill with some atack

what i want say and ask is anyone found any weekness on him???

not tp slam you in any way godly but the event was not designed for 3 people to be able to take him down. unlike most of the big boss mobs it takes a small number of high level players to take down.

this is something they intended to have a group of high level players do. what better way to make it hard then to have him deal massive amounts of dmg and mezz people. and attack the healers all the time

Agreed Shadow_wyrm.

And actually, this mob, although very tough, is not too great a challenge for a group consisting of damage/healer/rezzer types. Obviously, the fewer the damage classes, the longer the fight, but we have been having few deaths in the groups I have been in. The only exception has been those less than lvl 90 players that simply don't have enough health to survive some of his bigger attacks.

All in all, the fights are enjoyable. You just have to remember that this time, the mob does not drop massively valuable loot, just quest items for what ever the next step is. He DOES drop very nice coin ... 28s500c the last time we killed him.. and thats to each group member.

Remember the dryad event? This is much like that, only instead of 5 quest mobs, there is only 1. It is a mystery to solve, and will hopefully provide us with what we have been clamoring for since release... WAR with the WA!

Now, where did I put that Herald emblem...
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

I have been lucky in that I spend more time mezed then dead in these fights. I spend most of my time Trying to debuff his primal and Slash wards and Resist for others and keeping my Breezes up to help heal some with a primal bolt or blast/tempest thrown in here and there and rebuffing fallen Bipeds with our Dragon Buffs. It takes a team working together. The first night I was on the team it took us and another almost full group to take him down. The number of players showing up has steadily dropped but luckily we know how to work together better so it has not been a problem yet.

Thread Information