Thread: Strange Graphics Bug

cruiz

Default Strange Graphics Bug

Hi,

After running for a couple of hours Horizons framerate on my machine drops to about 3 FPS. However it goes back to normal for a while once the time of day in the game changes (e.g it's dawn) and then it slows down again before another time of the day change (this keeps repeating while continuing to play the game). The only thing that seems to fix that problem is reboot, but even then it is only fixes the problem for a couple of hours.

Would anyone know what could be causing a bug like that? Iwill tryto getanothervideo driver, however I wanted to report this bugdue to it's peculiar nature.

I am using Dell Lattitude D600 Laptop with 1GB RAM and Mobility Radeon 9000 videocard with the latest video driver from Dell.

Thanks

Orlac

Default Re: Strange Graphics Bug

If it seems to happen at the same time it might be some background program using your internet connection to update itself...just a thought. Or it could have something to do with your ISP. And get your ATI drivers from ATI directly I would advise.

As I recall, most symantec products default to a 3 a.m. time to do their internet stuff.

cruiz

Default Re: Strange Graphics Bug

Hi,

This is a follow up for those with similar problems, I figured out what the problem was.

My laptop was overheating and dropping the speed of the CPU to cool down, it would then speed up again when cooler and drop again when too hot.

I got i8kfan8GUI program to observe the temperature of my Dell Laptop to diagnose this problem.

The possible solution to the problem (on the web) is to blow compressed air into the vents and fan to clear the dust buildup. I have tried it today, but have not played the game yet, so hasn't tested it.

The way to avoid that problem would be toAlt -Tab toanother idle applicationocassionally, giving CPU time to cool while the game is in the background.

Thread Information