Thread: Returning Dragon

Rahien

Default Returning Dragon

Hello all,

I first joined Horizons at release, but the problems that plagued it were a bit much for me to deal with. After reading about Horizons and the changes its made over the past year and a half, I've decided to give it another go. Logged in after a loooooong patching process to find that the servers had consolidated, and I now had '_dawn' appended to my name. No worries, support took care of that promptly for me.

With that out of the way, I started "playing" again. I use the term loosely, because I've completely forgotten how to play the game, and spent most of the time killing level 1 maggots just to remember what my various skills do (I'm a level 18 adventurer). There's also a couple new ones in there I didn't recall seeing before, and from what I've read, those abilities eat up your hoard when you use them. Does that mean hoard decay is gone?

So at this point, I find myself not really knowing what to do... since all of the guides I've found online are from 2004 and are probably a little outdated. Are there more current dragon guides someplace that I can read? Where should I be at my levels (18 adventurer/6 crafter)? And finally, what are the differences between the two dragon clans? I'm gathering most people choose Lunus over Helians. Is one better than the other? Or is it just a choice of personal preference?

Thanks for reading,
    ~Rahien Talonvor - Order

Default Re: Returning Dragon

1. Hoard leak is no more. You now spend hoard on the abilities, which can go much faster than hoard leak if you have itchy fingers... heh

2. Check the sticky on the dragon forums for quests. The places you are sent for the quests should also be decent hunting grounds.

3. After my break from HZ playing other mmo's I forgot alot to, had to get back in the swing of things killing lower lvls to remember the rythm I had.

There isn't alot of differences between Helian and Lunus right now, not sure if there will be anytime soon. Lunus are considered to be melee, helians are supposed to be casters. But choosing doesn't actually limit your role currently. All it does now is change a bit of the RoP and ARoP and which adult breath weapon you can have. Ice for Helians, Electric for Lunus.

I'm sure I missed something, but others will fill in the gaps.
    This page intentionally left blank.

Rahien

Thanks for the tips. They're much appreciated. [:)]

And I'm so happy to hear hoard decay is gone. That seriously annoyed me when I used to play.

There is an up to date mappack - if you don't mind using those type of things, in the Player Customization area of the forums.

And yes, the dragon forum here, and your own shard forum, are good places to start looking for information.

Since you were on Dawn *waves to fellow Dawninite* you'll be on Order now - which means you can use the most excellent dragon chatroom for all your OOC questions and needs and fun commentary and smishing and dryad eating...ok well not necessarily that last part. Bipeds are most welcome in dragon chat ;). Also it is RP friendly, though keep in mind the purpose of the room is for dragons of all ages to help out other dragons of all ages.

Its an excellent in game guide - and I know we've walked many a hatchling through the tutorial and beyond...as well as helped many an ancient :). So never fear about speaking upa nd asking questions, you're not the only player who has returned after a long absence.

Also it may not hurt for you to go through the newly redone dragon tutorial to help "remind" you of all you've forgotten about various game mechanics. You can't do it with your current hatchling, but you can make an alt just for that and then never play it again if you wish :).

Rahien

Hmm, doing the dragon tutorial would most definitely be beneficial. I'll do that.

Regarding joining the dragon channel... How do I do that? And what do dryads taste like? [:P]

In the bottom right of your chat window is a button that looks like a speach bubble- click it, and I think you'll figgure it out from there.

And dryads are not for eating!
    Lumineux Talar

once again Kumu makes a great point.

This page intentionally left blank.

Thread Information