Thread: need help

calibar

Default need help

i think i'm missing a download it says that i'm missing an application when i launch the game, i'm missing a port

name:horizons.exe-unable to locate component
    problem: this application has failed to start because stlport_vc71g46.dll was not found. re-installing the application may fix this problem

also i think i'm downloading the same things over and over again

Default Re: need help

That dll file should be in your Horizons root folder. Sounds like something has gone wrong during the installation. I suggest you try reinstalling the game if you have the install package still somewhere, or own the original CD. Update the client with the post-install update package from over here.

You say you are downloading the same files over and over again. Are you referring to the patching that happens before game launch? Are you able to get ingame at all?

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

shelly

Default need help

The same thing happens to me. Do you know how to fix it

The game patch and client update that will be made available to subscribers requires Windows .NET Framework version 1.1 ( .Net 2.0 is actually a separate product from .Net 1.1) . If you subscribe to Windows Update, you may have this version already installed. If you do not, there are instructions below to help you determine if this version is already installed - then we ask that you take a few minutes to install this software to your system.
    Following are some detailed instructions; however, the single best way to keep your system current is through Windows Update. By visiting here http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com you can easily see what operating system updates your system requires. The .NET framework version 1.1 update will be listed as an optional or non-critical update. If, after visiting Windows update, this update is listed as available for download, please continue through with the installation.
    If you have trouble with Windows Update or wish not to use it, here are some detailed instructions for .NET ver 1.1 system review and recommended installation:
    Determine if .NET is installed
    * Open Windows Explorer and/or
    * Navigate to the folder:
    * Windows Folder Microsoft.NET
    * Note : The Windows Folder is where Windows is installed, such as c:windows
    * If this folder exists, then the .NET framework is installed.
    * If this folder does NOT exist, downloading just the .NET version 1.1 (see link below) will install the basic framework and bring your .NET system to "current" status.
    The next step is to determine if .NET version 1.1 is installed.
    * Navigate to the folder:
    * Windows Folder Microsoft.NETFramework
    * Note: Windows Folder is where windows is installed, such as c:windows
    * If there is a subfolder name that starts with v1.1 then you have the latest version.
    * Stop! You're done - there is no need to download or install any new Windows software or updates. You will receive your next Horizons patch and update normally.
    * If you do NOT see a folder labeled v1.1 in this directory, please proceed to
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
    Follow the download and installation instructions on that page. Please download and install this update. It's about a 25MB download, and for most systems, installs easily and quickly.
    -Reyem
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strangely, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Thread Information