Thread: Looking for some advice

Lucien

Default Looking for some advice

Hi everyone. I know no one would remember me from when I used to play. It was when the game first came out, and I only played a few months. I've been reading alot on the boards recently and likewhat I'm seeing. I guess my question would be is it better to do the 14 day trial download since it's probably much more up to date with all the changes, or am I better off just re-installing my original disks and hoping the patchers still recognize them.

Anyway, hope to see how much has changed in Istaria soon.

Thanks for the help.

Lucien

Default Re: Looking for some advice

Quote Originally Posted by Lucien
    Hi everyone. I know no one would remember me from when I used to play. It was when the game first came out, and I only played a few months. I've been reading alot on the boards recently and likewhat I'm seeing. I guess my question would be is it better to do the 14 day trial download since it's probably much more up to date with all the changes, or am I better off just re-installing my original disks and hoping the patchers still recognize them.

Anyway, hope to see how much has changed in Istaria soon.

Thanks for the help.

Lucien
    I found you can just install using your old disks and patch from there.
    Fleshrend - Chaos Server
    94 Cleric 12 Warrior 10 monk 8 mage
    100 Blacksmith 100 Mason 91 tinkerer 100 Carpenter 100 Fitter 80 Scholar 73 spellcrafter 41 gatherer 49 Miner

CD then patch will be faster than 14 download.

Depending on what kind of connection you have DL can be very slow
    ( sometimes folks report it taking days to complete )

What shard were you on originally? Your name looks familiar, but it could be from you posting questions here before... [:$]
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Ive actually installed both ways.

1.) The download client

or

2.) From the original disk

Either will work but as suggested above using the original disk will save you from about a 2 or 3 hour download as the download bandwidth is clamped to a ridiculusy low level.

Lucien

Thanks guys. I have my original disks so i'll just use those.

Actually Aamer i couldn't tell you what my server was. I think it was shadow but not sure. It's been a long time.

Hopefully see some of you guys soon.

Lucien

Thread Information