Thread: Horizons is not installed.....

Default Horizons is not installed.....

Some friends are trying to get Horizons, but they downloaded the patcher, the launcher, and the 1.1gb file already, and now it's saying (when they attempt to launch it) that "Horizons isn't installed"

So they are getting miffed at this.... any suggestions as to what was done wrong or needs to be fixed. They have net 1.1 or greater and are using IE for the browser.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Default Re: Horizons is not installed.....

This typically occurs when the installation path in the windows registry does not properly point to the actual path that the game is in.If you are comfortable with the windows registry, youshould check to be sure thepath matches the actual installation folder.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Yeah, I remember it was really touchy if you changed the name of the source folder during installation. Folder HAD to stay named Horizons for it to recognize it was there.

I did a default install recently and it was created in C:\Tulga Games\Horizons

Note: That was for the US install

Thanks for the help, they managed to "reinstall" the client part over the top of the previous install and it worked...

Now they are plagued with random "computer completely locking" either 10mins to 1hr of game play can go by, I have no idea if it's them accidentally hitting the windows key, or if they had a transport error, or some other problem... but at least it works now.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34

I'm not sure if the locking up is from a transport error being trapped behind the full screen or something else. Don't know if it's the same but I had a locking up or freezing problem last month for a few days. Playing in windowed mode helped with being able to click ok on the error and starting back up.

They could also do the /window lagwindow and see if the UnackMsg bar starts filling up. Full means disconnected and the transport error isn't far behind.

:D I pried off my windows keys, kept hitting them accidentally using the 'alt' keys when playing my first person shooters.

If your friends need anything getting established please throw me a tell if you see me, or let aamer know, he's also a pushover for helping new folks get established.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

I didn't need to pry mine off :)

I bought a G15 Logitech gaming keyboard with the hard wired switch on it to disable it

Horizons isn't the only game that crashes when you hit it [;)]

(Now if I can only figure out how to program the little LCD panel on the keyboard to show my targeted monster)

Hahaha... I just noticed you changed your icon! I LOVE it!

I can just draw a mohawk on that icon and it's me ;)

Check your PMs I left you a request.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Thread Information