Thread: Fishing sounds?

Default Fishing sounds?

Not sure if this is a bug, but I get no fishing sounds at all... not sure which sound would be appropriate, but I'd expect something like from the harvesting knife. Not absolute silence.

Anyway, if this is intended behaviour I apologise for this unncessary post.

Qualin Midashan / Qnarl Sharptooth

Default Re: Fishing sounds?

Well if you make noise you'll scare all the fish away won't you?

Hehe, maybe that's it... just makes it annoying to fish since you have to keep watching the screen, can't just listen for the harvest noise to stop like you can with every other harvestable resource.

There is no sound specific to the fishing pole.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    There is no sound specific to the fishing pole.
    So, does this mean that it's intended to be that way or is the above just an explanation of why it's this way currently, implying that once someone figures out the sound to go with the fishing pole, it will have a harvest noise? [:O]

An explanation. That there is no sound to assign so its not a bug in that sense. We have no "sound person" on staff so... If there is an alternative sound to assign then we could do it.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Dravatar

Most of the sounds I've heard from fishermen when they have to recast their lines are not suitable for a family oriented game....[:P]

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    An explanation. That there is no sound to assign so its not a bug in that sense. We have no "sound person" on staff so... If there is an alternative sound to assign then we could do it.
    Well, if you're listening to my suggestions, I'd say go for either the sap spigot or harvest knife sound. Neither are perfect, but I'd personally prefer either over silence.

Or, alternatively, just grab one of the sounds at random... some of the sounds honestly seem to have been made that way [:)] (Cow milking anyone?)

Thread Information