Thread: "Friends only" option on single structures/buildings

Proxopid

Default "Friends only" option on single structures/buildings

Okay, I haven't tested everything into deepest detail and most of my information comes from hearsay and asking around.

But I did see that I can allow different people to access my plot or my structures. In this context I heard that the lowest level of granted access applies, for example:

I can allow my entire plot to be visited by everyone but can set the flag on, for example, silos or the like, to be only accessable by me. Or by my guild.

I can also allow only certain people ("Friends list") to access the entire plot - but I was told, in that case nobody except these people can even WALK over my plot.

My problem is this: Why can't I let only certain people access certain structures? The "Friends only" flag is only available to my entire plot. I have a dragon friend who wants to purchase a lair close to my plot so we can be neighbours. I already put up 3 silos for him (which I am building atm) - but why can't I grant him special access? He is not in my guild. I am thinking about putting the silos on "access for everyone" because I live in a very low populated area - but it shouldn't be that hard to just add that "Friends only" flag to certain structures, should it?

Please tell me what you think. Or if I there is a way to do this (in which case you are welcome to flame me since I deserve it for not testing it excessively ;) )

PS.: Sorry that I didn't do a search on this topic. My apologies if it was brought up before.

Default Re: "Friends only" option on single structures/buildings

Best and I think only way to get this permission problems solved is:

a) let us manage groups in the friendlist that we can give permissions on structures
    b) give us the possibility to combine the permissions at a structur with and/or

so we can say guild OR friendlist->group:MyAccessGroup

Quote Originally Posted by Proxopid
    In this context I heard that the lowest level of granted access applies
    Not quite. The restrictions are "and" not "or". If you have your plot set to friends only and your structures to guild, then only the guild members on your friends list will be able to access them.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

imported_Mearis

It would be great if they addeda permission option for friendsfor each structure (that can contain items(house/silos etc), or be used (crafting machines). So youcan set your plot so everybody can walk over it (no annoying red wall). They could save disc space by eliminating permission set for static objects, trees, boulders, fountains, things that can not be interacted with.

I have always wanted that too

if they could read the sub-categories in the friends player list, you could create a "Silo #1" group in your friends list and then set the silo to "Friends" access and then it would be nice to have it ask you where to get the list for friends, like Silo #1

This way if you don't want the entire guild having access to a certain storage or silo, you can restrict it.

Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Old thread that although everyone wants and agrees with, Devs either don't have the time or the desire to do anything with it.

It's a reoccuring topic and brought up again at least once every couple months, maybe more.

We "are" old [H]
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Proxopid

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxopid
    In this context I heard that the lowest level of granted access applies
    Not quite. The restrictions are "and" not "or". If you have your plot set to friends only and your structures to guild, then only the guild members on your friends list will be able to access them.
    Yes, sorry - guess it's my english but that's how i meant, or at least understood it myself.

@ Snowdonia - of course it would be really cool to have as many options as suggested in the other thread - but considering the limited amount of devs & their limited amount of time, it would probably be the *easiest* way to just add a flag for "friends only" on single structures.
    That would be more work for the players (editing the list for each single building) - but I suppose the programming work on that would be minimized. I'd love to edit each single structure even if it meant way more work for me. At least I'd have total control over who's accessing what.

Indeed, that's how it works. For reference, here is a complete interaction list:

Structure
    Plot
    Structure is usable by...
    None
    None
    Only plot owner
    None
    Guild
    Only plot owner
    None
    Friends list
    Only plot owner
    None
    Allow All
    Only plot owner
    Guild
    None
    Only plot owner
    Guild
    Guild
    All guildmembers
    Guild
    Friends list
    Guild members on plot's friend list
    Guild
    Allow All
    All guildmembers
    Allow All
    None
    Only plot owner
    Allow All
    Guild
    All guildmembers
    Allow All
    Friends List
    Everyone on plot's friends list
    Allow All
    Allow All
    Everyone

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Proxopid

True - most imaginable access options are available. No doubt.

What bugs me though is that, as soon as your *plot* restriction is any other than "Allow All", only the few select people will be able to actually WALK over your plot. And I like to add to the community by providing Beginner Crafting Shops to my village which are not available as of yet --- Which is rendered impossible as soon as I want to give a friend (who is not in my guild) access to a few silos. Or the consigner.

Not true. The redwalls no longer apply. No matter what your setting is anyone can now walk on your plot. and they can actually use your shops but nothing else.

Jayne

I figure that, the only thing Structures need is a Emote, that tells you "So and So is browsing your [building]"

That way along with having it set for only your friends, if someone visits it and you find alot of stuff missing, you have a pretty good clue on who might have done it.

But... your way would work too.

Proxopid

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    Not true. The redwalls no longer apply. No matter what your setting is anyone can now walk on your plot. and they can actually use your shops but nothing else.

Jayne

Woops. Guess that's what you get for just listening to others without actually trying.
    Thank you Jayne, that solves what bugged me :)

Well since red walls are no longer, Plot set to friends only, then structures set to allow all does the job for me Anybody can use my crafting stations, but only my friends can access my houses/silos

Ty all,
    Segorian_Bounty - Elder Adult Dragon - Chaos
    Mearis - Saris - All around biped crafter - Chaos
    ....Toooo many alts to list them all

Something that bugs me about this is purely cosmetic.

If I want to allow my friends list access to my silos on a Friends Only plot, I have to actually set the silo to "Allow All".
    This allows all on my friends list to use them.
    (Guild only option is useless if your friends are in a different guild)

It's sorta a little scary to see an "Allow All" setting on a silo full of say... Adamantium...
    I would much prefer if the options would reflect the plot setting.
    i.e.
    On the Guild only Plot setting, you'd get the option of Allow All, Deny All, Guild only
    On the Friends only Plot setting, you'd get the option of Allow All, Deny All, Friends Only
    On the Deny All/Allow All Plot settings, you'd get just that. Deny All and Allow All.

I actually don't understand why there is a "Guild only" option on a friends only plot setting.

I just don't like seeing an "Allow All" setting on a silo, even if it means the list restrictions apply. It makes me nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mearis
    Well since red walls are no longer, Plot set to friends only, then structures set to allow all does the job for me Anybody can use my crafting stations, but only my friends can access my houses/silos

Ty all,
    If i woud do this all my public silos and the t6 pawn go for list too. But this i want to be "allow all"

Thread Information