Thread: cant update hz

Default cant update hz

after a new setup of HZ the game didn't want start the update the error mess is :

couln't update no_update.auc

what is happen ?

anyone here can help ?

Marada

Default Re: cant update hz

well, i cant update too and i cant use the workaround because im not the kind of user who changes files (even didnt manage to find the described host-file).

so i hope anybody works things out. I cant log in til then.

Is anybody able to tell us if its worth posting a support ticket or if we have to wait for the next patch?

Ash

3 Days now with no possibility to get back in game; is it asking too much if i would like an answer what will happen with this problem ?
    No answer to my ticket at GN as well, what thhe hell should ohne do before someone cares about ?
    A not very satisfied Knud....

this problem is also discussed (with a possible solution) at then GN Forums:

http://forum.gnonline.net/showthread.php?p=741263
    Cerjar de Viejalcazaba - Paladin
    Rahskha - Ranger
    Farandor - Ancient Helian Dragon

...Realm of Unity...

Oh well and I already wondered why Unity is that empty these days [:(]

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

nitrodan

i had that same problem - you may have a Local host 127.0.0.1 or something like that - that stops Hz updating or something -

http://www.forum.gnonline.net/showthread.php?t=53022 - lplace this under local host ---> 68.142.64.216 patch.eu.istaria.com - hope it works )

Proxopid

Shurandai asked me to tell the people with win98 this:
    (he doesnt remember his login name)

The explanation given in the GN thread linked by Cerjar pretty much covers it (the thing with adding a line of code to the "host" file in win2k).

He said for win98 (and maybe similar OSs) it's almost entirely the same deal, only difference being that here it's the file "hosts.sam" in the windows main directory. Just add the same line of code to that file -and - very important - REMOVE the ending ".sam" from the file.
    Then you should be set. At least that's how Shurandai got his problem solved.

I take no responsibilty whatsoever for this since Shu just asked me to tell you this.

PS.
    Personal note from me ---> Maybe not everyone knows how to remove a file extension like this ".sam". It shouldn't pose a problem since .sam isn't a common file extension, but anyway, here's how:

After you edited and closed the file with your favourite text editor (and saved it with the added line of code), open any normal folder, click on "Tools"-->"Folder Options..."-->"View". Uncheck the box next to "Hide file extensions for known file types". The file should be called exactly "hosts.sam" now. Remove the ".sam" so you get a file without a file extension, "hosts". Re-check the box in your folder options. Good luck.

Thumbs up

Heya all,

Thanks to Proxopid can login again )))
    Thankies, thankies, thankies....
    Best regards,
    Knud

Thread Information