Thread: Game log in issues... again!

Ciinien

Default Game log in issues... again!

I logged my main last night (well, in the wee hours this morning... ) to log an alt, but cannot get back in. I have been trying periodically since then.

The issue is that the patcher/loading process gets to a certain point, hangs, drops connection, and I'm back at the desktop -- there's no game on my desktop, that resides behind TG's convoluted and half-working log in process!

Is this problem being addressed? I mean, we're paying TG right along, why can't they fix their technology so we get our money's worth instead of all the time having these darned problems like we do. It's extremely hard to stay faithful to a game that you can't even log in to half the time, much less with the in-game issues Hz still suffers with 2+ years after launch.

And yes, I know all the fanbois and girls will state this excuse and that. Fine, you live with that and believe that if you like. Me, I like getting my money's worth from a product I buy and use. The truth of the matter is, it's a crap engine and sub-standard coding, and they keep trying to prop it up instead of out-and-out fixing or replacing it. TG, please forget all the new quests, worsening events (they used to be much more fun), and CNF stuff and fix the log in process once and for all, PLEASE! /sighs

Cheers!
    Ciinien

Ciinien,
    If you make a support case at Support.Istaria.Com I will make sure that this issue get's resolved for you.
    -Reyem
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strangely, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Ciinien

Quote Originally Posted by Reyem TG
    Ciinien,
    If you make a support case at Support.Istaria.Com I will make sure that this issue get's resolved for you.
    -Reyem
    Thanks, Reyem, I will do that now. Apologies for being so cross-wise in the post but this happens much too often...

Cheers!
    Kelrie Uhotha, Ranger, <Legendary Heroes>, Chaos
    Last edited by Ciinien; March 31st, 2006 at 08:47 PM.

Kelri

Default Game log in issues...again! [SOLVED]

The further adventures of clientUIs and mappack madness...

After following every instruction from all the various forums I researched today, I was still at a loss for a mappack and had to use the default maps, which are adequate, but mappacks are far more informative.

Chatting with chef today on IRC, he made a comment about someone having this problem and having to change a couple of *.def files. I ended up only having to change one (I had to delete all the old marker pointers from Cobol's v3.2 mappack). As soon as I uninstalled the mappack, cleaned up all files pertaining to it, et al, my UI came up and ran fine, albeit with default mapping.

I REALLY wanted my mappack, so I kept on researching forums and mucking about with different methods of making the mappack install and run properly. I was about to give up when I ran across an old, old thread from Amon about putting the files in resources_override\interface\maps. I had been doing this when it bombed earlier, but completely uninstalled and cleaned up all references to the old install of the mappack.

I then installed as normal, only changing the install path to reflect resources\override instead of the default \Horizons\ directory. I then cleaned up all the various pointers to other folders and/or files the mappack makes (this needs to be cleaned up so if it doesn't find a resources_override folder, it should create one and install properly into that folder) . If it does find an existing override folder, it should instead truncate the path and install accordingly.

Now the darn thing works, even though I had been pointing ClientPrefs_Main.def all along in the old file that crashed... Go figure, right?

Thanks to all you guys who helped, I would mention names, but I would forget someone and feel bad about it -- you know who you are...

Cheers!
    Kel
    Last edited by Kelri; April 1st, 2006 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Changing title to reflect being solved.

Thread Information