Thread: Some Odd Thoughts of Mine.

Default Some Odd Thoughts of Mine.

Me and my GF signed onto this game awhile back, but now that our characters are almost adults, we're considering which paths we are taking.

Personally, I like playing the Warrior style, I'm very combat-oriented and I chose, naturally, to take the path of the Lunus (it also helps that I created my character, Red scales).

She, on the other hand, likes to craft, and is always casting spells in Combat, she chose to be a Helian a long time ago, and has been gearing her character towards that end.

Now, it was our intention from the beginning that we were going to have our characters become a mated pair (we're on Order, btw). Now, my question is this...

How odd does a Red-scaled Lunus Male being mated to a Gold-scaled Helian Female sound? *grins* Sounds a bit odd to me, and my GF agrees but I think there's lots of RP potential there. He'd try and convince her to be a little less... 'weak' and she'd keep reminding him that they should care more about the bipeds, etc, lol.

This should be interesting... just wanted others' opinions.

--Dhalin

'Tis the same as any couple that has differing political/philosophical views, yet fall in love. I don't think its too farfetched an idea.

Love tends to ignore such things, anyway. Sometimes opposites attract. ^ ^

{Helian Dragon} -------- {Order Shard} -------- {My Photo Album}

I hear of quite a few mated pair of Lunus and Helians.

Yes and it really stinks when you invite your mate over to your lair for a lovely candle lit dinner, only to find out he's a Vegan, and the gnome you have tied up on the table starts squealing....its tough on a relationship...
    This space for sale or rent. PST for pricing.

I really see not a big problem here, just enjoy your life with your mate and eat gnomes filled with vegetables ! Can be very interesting through

Also if i remember right, the female helian ghost at the peek of storms has also got a lunus mate, but i dont want to spoil here ^^ (sorry if i mixed up factions or the gender of them )

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan
    I really see not a big problem here, just enjoy your life with your mate and eat gnomes filled with vegetables ! Can be very interesting through

Also if i remember right, the female helian ghost at the peek of storms has also got a lunus mate, but i dont want to spoil here ^^ (sorry if i mixed up factions or the gender of them )
    Waitaminute.

TG themselves has forced us to be Neuter gender, and yet, they make NPCs who are distinctly male, or female, and also make mentions to one having Mates? *blink* To this day I've never heard a dragon refer to himself or herself as any specific gender, nor any other dragon as any specific gender, nor have I heard anything about any NPCs being mates.....

--Dhalin

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin
    Waitaminute.

TG themselves has forced us to be Neuter gender, and yet, they make NPCs who are distinctly male, or female, and also make mentions to one having Mates? *blink* To this day I've never heard a dragon refer to himself or herself as any specific gender, nor any other dragon as any specific gender, nor have I heard anything about any NPCs being mates.....

--Dhalin
    Your thinking of Sslisk. Dragons are not Neuter. You just can not tell the gender of a dragon if your not a dragon. To do this they gave no gender in the game engine. But we do have a gender.

Waitaminute.

--Dhalin
    well i dont know if some dragon npcs speak to the biped about if they are male/femals but i know if you read the conversation of some dragon npcs, you know afterwards if it is a she or he.(if you talk to them as drag)

i know there are some npcs out who refer to themselves as he or she, but cant remember now the names ^^

but I'm sure about the ghost at the peek of storms, during the ARoP it talks about her and her mate and tells you a very sad story.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan
    i know there are some npcs out who refer to themselves as he or she, but cant remember now the names ^^
    You might be thinking Xerix and Lisandra, as referenced in the imitation scales questline.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteral
    Yes and it really stinks when you invite your mate over to your lair for a lovely candle lit dinner, only to find out he's a Vegan, and the gnome you have tied up on the table starts squealing....its tough on a relationship...

*snicker* thats what you get for not roasting the gnome properly before your dinner guests arrive.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Waitaminute.

--Dhalin
    Nah. TG simply got a F on Biology. They couldn't tell the difference on Sslik and dragon, so they gave us the neuter label.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Seth

Can I be both genders I can be a hermy matters little to me

I am lunus my mate is helian though our views differ love makes that matter little

no wierder than this red scale female lunus being mated happily for over a year to the gold scaled male Helian...

Though really now we profess allegience to neither Faction.

THere are TONS of "mixed" mated pairs out there - go for it.

And if you'd like a formal bonding ceremony, we'd love to hold one for ya!

(wow we havern't done one of those in months....that just occured to me)
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Aye. My Mate and I are Helians, but she prefers the ways of the Lunus. Our Daughter and her mate chose the Lunus path. Love and family do not honor the dictates of personal philosophy. And I recommend the Bonding Ceremony as officiated by Allon. It is an experience you will never forget! (Tho, mating flights a la Pern are a lot of fun preceeded by a Song of Devotion -- that is what Aether and I did. Very satisfying indeed! *smiles happily at the memory as he begins to hum the refrain of thier Song of Devotion*)

AND, the tale of the lost mate was during the Ancient Rite of Passage . . . .

Icabald Percival Dragon

Thread Information