Thread: hello

karanon

Smile hello

Greetings fellow Sentients, having recently come of conciousness, i find myself in this land called istaria, yet i am lost, somewhat confused, as to what is going on about me, and would seek companionship. [out of character: hello all, names karanon, i tried the game a while back as kadean, maybe some of you know me, but most likely not, i was fairly inconsequential x.x, not sure how long ill be around this go round, but as i remember, its a fun game, so, mother earth permitting, ill be able to stay this go round ]

welcome to istaria! may your hunting and crafting be productive :-)
    new player chat is a good place to meet folks and ask a zillion questions about 'how can i .....?' marketplace is usually full of nice folks too. if you're a dragon, the dragon chat is a must.
    glad to have another gifted coming - another gift for the land. see you in istaria! :-)

Originally from Palmyra, now "South Selen".

Welcome!
    Feel free to look me up! (/tell or pop in the Iron Circle) if ya have any questions or needs!

~< Gengel >~

karanon

Default bla!

[ooc: sorry for not being around for a bit... my computer kicked the... more than a bucket less than a space shuttle. i ended up using the recovery tool in the extra partition... heres a hint to anyone looking for anti spyware tools: spybot = death]

karanon

killed my comp...

karanon

worse yet... part of horizons seems to have become corrupted... trying to fix it x.x can anyone tell the scions that kadean is currently indisposed....

karanon

i would.. but my sis would kill me

karanon

be that as it may... it corrupted my registry when it removed said spyware.

Perhaps you should let Kazaa reinstall all that spyware in order to repair the damage done to your registry. I'm sure Hz will run faster without the overhead of that annoying anti-spyware application...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I doesn't have an archive of what it did? Almost any system utility has a backup of changes...

karanon

it did, but since the file was corrupt, and it didnt know that it was basically ripping anything that my comp needed to run online or sound or even run for more than 5 hours at a time, it didnt keep a record.. like you keep a fish you catch, but you cant keep the fish that were going to be eaten by it.

karanon

and.. now as if to make it worse, my dad screwed the comp royally... so i had to use the recovery A-FRIGGIN-GAIN, and it wont start horizons... friggin damnit

karanon

so.. if anyone could just.. pass along word to cry, carsia, and the scions that my dad screwed my comp.. itd be great. please?

karanon

dankeshien... but i fixed it x.x

karanon

and i removed spybot...

*An OOC from the guy behind Yuusuke*

Friend Karanon,

You might rethink that choice. Spybot S&D is one of the top 5... some say top 3... reliable anti-spyware packages out there.

On the other hand, Kazaa, like Winny and Share (two packages we are constantly having to banish from personal computers in my country), is an open invitation to anyone with half a clue to just about take over your computer and make it dance on cue. IMO, take it and any other fileswaper out and never ever put another one in on a general use personal computer.

Then again, I offer this advice unsolicited but for the hope you get to come back to Istaria and play a game with your friends/guildies. It remains your choice...

...your funeral, as they say. Luck to you on the fix.
    I am called Yuusuke...

Akiyama Yuusuke yonsei
    The Annatar, on Order

karanon

Unhappy

well... after a month of playing the game.. i just.. i havent enjoyed it as much as i thought i would... the grind isnt too long... its too tedious... the community is great.. but too many things have irritated me about the system, ill miss you guys.. im here for maybe half a month left... sorry

Thread Information