View Poll Results: Ceremonial Chest Scale

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Change it to use the Back slot

42 46.15%
  • Change it to use the Tail slot

6 6.59%
  • Change it to use either Back or Tail slot (Anything but chest!)

25 27.47%
  • It's fine as a Chest scale

18 19.78%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ceremonial Chest Scale - A Poll

Yeah...make it a back slot, please? or even tail slot since its cut like one?
    btw, nice 'bonus' effects (ward/armament)

-as an aside: The 1000 base T&C to equip isn't much of a problem...but, can something be done about fixing the 89% base evasion and lack of Primal appeal? I readily admit that even as a Helian, I make good use of my T&C and appreciate the generous bonus to the skill, but with already rather low evasion, and no dodge/parry/block, it gives some reason to hesitate before equipping. I've done a fair bit of AoE spell-tanking, and certainly get hit often enough without reduced evasion...does 300 armor -really- make up for having to take the extra hits?
    ~Without death, life is meaningless. Without evil, good is naught but arrogance. Without balance, nothing is complete.~
    Archangelis Draconis: 100|100|100 Ancient Dragon, 26.8M Hoard GM of Venatoris Tenebrae (Chaos)

If you don't evade as it is, then dropping your evasion to 89% of current really doesnt make a diference.

I'll never have the scale, but in my case it would be close to 89% of 0.
    Lumineux Talar

will the slot change? any news from Tulga about this?

hmm

why is all important dragon stuff a chest scale?

ok i understand that some scales shall be for all tiers (like the treant buddy or the festival masks)

To force decisions, and not just put the best of everything on everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    To force decisions, and not just put the best of everything on everywhere.
    is it an enigma?

The shoulder treant should be changed to wing slots.

I imagine this chest will stay chest so that it cannot be used with vengeance or eminence. Wouldn't want us to be 'overpowered' (which is still a rediculous notion)

Default Re: Ceremonial Chest Scale - A Poll

Bumping an old poll.

Snowfury of Chaos

leave it on chest.

We (drags) are waiting for broken items,
    have lots of new techs and crystals
    will have more quests that will tune our drags with next patch

other than chest will overpower dragons in my eyes,
    though I hope broken items will not be on chest (only).
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I say, put it on tail, I mean sure, putting it on another scale MIGHT make us more overpowered (with US, I mean lunUS) but really,(melee orientated) dragons already are OP if played right, so what's a little scale change going to do.

I disagree Meeps:

Lunus indeed is already overpowered, my lvl 80 Luna is rdy for the Doom..
    (in lvl 60 and blighted scales) -that is no game balance.

Lov (hybride) does not need that either.

If you want Ceremonial Chest Scale on tail- only for Helians
    ( primal/focus/power skill ) not available for pure Lunus

Only reason I brought it up is it seems it would be an extremely simple fix that would actually make the thing get used - as it is with PV chest it's essentially worthless.

As far as overpowered I don't have any alts so I have no perspective but I don't feel anywhere near invincible - as a matter of fact I die quite frequently at lvl 100 ancient with good scales. I agree Helian or Lunus who would like to be mage dragons really have to sacrifice in the name of roleplay - casters seem to need buffing - I am currently working on a set of all power focus scales to see how bad it really is with the right gear - afterwhich I will sell it to a hopefully happy helian.

Cheers,

Snowfury of Chaos

Back when this was submitted, I doubt I would have called Dragons overpowered. Things have improved since then.

However, it would be nice to be able to use this more often. Even moving to back or tail, will not be "overpowering". Simply be more options.

Maybe Headscale is more appropriate for something "Ceremonial".

If it goes to the Back slot, then you have to choose between Ceremonial, or a Back scale teched with Bone Lacing. (Which is quite nice: -10% incoming damage from undead. Good for Reklar)

If it goes to tail slot, you would have to choose between the Ceremonial, the Bard scale, or Reklar's tail. Bard scale is decent with 5% alacrity (if they ever fix the melee alacrity on it. Spell works, melee one still broken) so this might be a situational choice.

If it goes to Head scale, you lose some big buffs from Crystals, such as +150 health, as well as Razor Teeth tech, which adds damage. Ceremonial is more about incoming damage mitigation.

Any three of the above outcomes result in choices. None of which are overpowering. You get 300 blight resistance at the same time as your chest techs is about it. More survivability, but less damage if it goes head or tail.

I still think the change would be a good idea.

Oh, almost forgot, we would also get the proc buffs for reduced incoming damage. These are nice, but semi broken. Only trigger on incoming spell attacks. Nice in that they can land on group members (I think). If I remember right, they reduce incoming damage from undead only.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflury View Post
    Only reason I brought it up is it seems it would be an extremely simple fix that would actually make the thing get used - as it is with PV chest it's essentially worthless.
    We're talking about this, right?

I don't think it'd fix the underlying problems.

1. A lot of the "special snowflake" scales share an equip slot, meaning even if you get every last one you don't get to wear more than one at a time. This annoys the few players who own half a dozen items for a single slot but don't want to have to carry them around; will not ever come up for the bulk of players.
    2. PV chest scale is so good that if you have one, you never use anything else, end of story. This probably means it's TOO good, especially given the requirements to get one.
    3. Melee dragons are outrageously good-- their only real competition at level 100 is skilled uberpeds. Spreading out the "special snowflake" scales so you could wear several of them at once would, if anything, make this WORSE.

I don't know if my musings and opinions carry much weight here-- combat in Istaria is pretty terrible, I'm especially bad at it, AND I'm a caster who joined the game less than five years ago so there's going to be a little bitterness. But from as objective a standpoint as I can find, swapping the CCS to a different slot is a buff for melee dragons who are very old/rich/well-connected, and... that's it. It doesn't fix how awkward gearing is, it doesn't buff any of the demographics widely acknowledged as "underpowered", it doesn't make combat more interesting or exciting.

There are problems that need to be fixed in relation to this scale, but this isn't the way to do it.

Guaran: with +3oo armor and + 50 tc
    I can change crystals- and this makes me much stronger:

pv on chest
    Reklar on tail
    CST on back

imagine that- together with the rest of a perfect teched/socketed scale set..

Thickle, your voice is always much appreciated

But pls consider: You do not need to be old or rich or well connected
    to become an "uber" dragon.

The prob is, as you said, the weakness of the casters.
    or better: the weakness of the weapons that pure Helians have
    (or are willing to use).

Thread Information