Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arrrrggggh, what the heck is going on?

If you simply uninstall the current drivers in your hardware manager (in system properties), Windows should install its own basic default drivers. These should be fine until this issue is resolved.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

I had opened a support ticket at the start of the month. I have tried almost every suggestion people have posted here (except the rollback of the audio drivers) without any of them working. Tulga has all of my mcdiag info and now I need to wait unless my next experiment (the audio driver rollback) works. I will let you all know if it works for me.

Okay, I haven't been out here in forever obviously.

This is my problem. It all started with the update on Tuesday March 12. I wasn't able to log in, or I got this long wait to log in and Horizons.exe was pegging my processor to 99%. I opened up an incident with support on the 19th of March. I had someone even try to log onto my machine to check settings remotely. So far, nothing has worked. I still get the incredible long delays logging in if I can. When I do get in when I cast something in game it takes forever to show up on the screen. Buffs for example.

After everything I went through with support and not coming up with a solution, I decided to try Alienware to see if it was a system problem. They could not come up with anything wrong. Now they want me to send my PC back to them so they can verify that everything is running pefectly fine. I have been two months now without playing Horizons and I was in during Beta and paying all along since it shipped. Looks like I am going to go a while longer without it.

However, now that I see more people out here are having the same issues I am, I wonder if it is my PC and maybe there is no reason to send it back to them. Understand, I rarely ever play any other games on this machine. Just music ripping and DVD/Movie making.

Anyone found a true fix for this yet? If so, please tell me what it is.

System specs:
    Alienware Aurora Athlon 64 3400 processor
    K8V Deluxe MB
    2 X 512 DDR PC3200 Corsair RAM
    Plextor Plexwriter Premium
    Plextor PX 708 DVD R/W
    Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS
    BFG GEForce 5950 Ultra 256MB
    8 in 1 Pro 9 Media Reader
    ViewSonic P815 21" monitor

(This machine was built for Horizons and has been running it since I bought it in April of 2004)

.NET 2.0 installed
    DX 9.0c
    Processor tests okay
    RAM tests okay

Occassionally get the 91 transport error, if I don't reboot and try again, many times I will get in, but still see slow performance and end up in slide show shortly afterwards.

Of note, If I am able to log in successfully, I usually play at 1600X1200. I notice that 1600X1200 does not show up as clearly as it used to in the past. In fact, I seem to get a better picture using the higher resolution of 1900X1200. Neither here nor there, because the above problems even happen at 800X600 but I should at least be able to play at the resolution I have been playing at all along.

3DMARK03 score: 6564 which is basically the same as when I first got the machine. Actually a little higher.

I'm going to update my support incident again with this information, but since I saw the discussion here, I thought I would post here again as well to see if anyone else has successfully ended this problem.

Have you tried installing older sound card drivers, like suggested in this thread?
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Actually, I tried installing earlier drivers. In fact I tried installing the original drivers that came with my system. I did put those lines in my client prefs and made them false. I was actually able to log in this afternoon. However, if I cast a gift on myself, it took 20 seconds to move from the in queue to casting, and then another 12 seconds to actually show up on me.

I still cannot log in to the game. I even went and purchased new video and sound cards so I highly doubt that the issue has anything to do with either piece of hardware. I really believe that there is something that has changed in Tulga's code which has caused the serious problems for some of us.

My problem is that I cannot get into the game for the most part. Yesterday I was able to sign in three of my characters and even port by launching the game in Window mode. Today I cannot even log in no matter what I do. Once I am in game I don't seem to have any problems although I have only gotten into the game once over the past month so that is hardly conclusive. I have updated my ticket with all the system information they have asked me to provide. Now I guess I just have to wait...

Noxuathl

Angry

*sighs*

Well, as an update. After back an forth with tech support, sending them my logs, etc. and trying all of the above ( I formatted my bloody drives and reinstalled XP even! ) I was suddenly, finally, somehow able to get in about two weeks ago. I was playing Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion at the time (since I couldn't play HZ) and had tweaked my graphics settings for it. I don't know if this had anything to do with things or if something was fixed on Tulga's side (I doubt it) but it worked.

I didn't login again because for one thing I wanted to finish Oblivion and for another, I had too many RL things going on. Today I finally went to login as I had some Clanmates on and of course I downloaded an update and lo and behold....

THE SAME BLOODY PROBLEMS YET AGAIN!!!

Arrrgh. What the hell? I haven't changed a single thing since I was able to get in before. Now I'm back to either the black screen of death or an endlessly long wait to get in and then can't move or get ground, etc. and then I get the transport error 91 and I'm booted out.

The ONLY change is whatever was downloaded in that update.

I'm really fed up of this. Get your arses sorted out over there or my recent return will become a permanent departure.

*edit*
    P.S. Reyem, no offense to you intended as I know you've been trying (this is Michlo, btw). Oh and when you tell us in a post to change settings such as those you wanted changed to false could you please tell us why? Incidentally, I don't have those lines at all in my cfg file.
    Last edited by Noxuathl; May 13th, 2006 at 11:43 PM.

Noxuathl,
    This error occurs when the client is disconnected from the game servers. This can be caused by a bad internet connection, network device (cable/dsl router, hub or switch), bad network cable, improperly configured network settings, bad driver or competition for the network connection from other applications / computers.
    1)Bad internet connection / Connection throttling
    a) Check all cables and make sure they are firmly attached.
    b) Connect the computer directly to the cable / DSL router to rule out packet loss at a hub or switch. This will also rule out competition for the connection from other computers.
    c) Make sure all other applications that use the internet are not running. This is because we send all data using UDP packets, and most internet applications send data using TCP packets. UDP are always dropped in favor of TCP packets. This includes making sure applications are not trying to update (such as windows update, virus definitions update, etc.)
    d) Perform a spyware / ad / malware scan using Lavasoft Adaware, Microsoft Antispyware or similar. http://www.lavasoft.com/
    e) Check for network driver updates
    -Reyem
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strangely, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Noxuathl

Reyem.....

A R E ... Y O U ... K I D D I N G ... M E ?????

Are you completely ignoring the fact that I once again have all of the other issues we've been working on (well you've SUPPOSEDLY been working on) for over a month now along with all these other people?

I do NOT have problems with my internet connection. Matrix Online has no problems, WoW had no problems, Eve had no problems, HORIZONS DOES!!

I've just about had enough of your ineptitude. You ask for logs, I send them twice and then it takes you TWO WEEKS to respond to me saying "Umm, we didn't get the logs, can you re-send them?".

With the player base as low as it is, one would think you would be pulling out all the stops to solve issues for the few players you do have.

Unbelievable.

I just give here a word...

You said you were trweaking your grafic settings for oblivion....I know from myself that Hz is very silly sometimes with grafic changes (like driver updates)
    But a thing that most removed the error message I'll get after a few driver changes was to run a complete dxdiag test.....maybe this helps you as far as it helped me the older days.

Note: thats no proven hint, but it can help sometimes.....just if it a try

Noxuathl

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    Wow. Take a chill pill.

Since other people can play the game perfectly, it is obviously not just a horizons problem. It is a horizons problem associated with YOUR computer.

It may be something that you changed, it may be part of your hardware conflicting with other things. An Audigy 2 ZS is a good culprit. Do you have an Audigy 2 ZS?

Kumu, I'd like to see how chilled you were after a month and a half of not being able to play, sporadic back and forth between yourself and tech support, various "fixes" and tweaks, finally being able to get in and being back to a flawless game only to lose it all again after another patch.

This has been a most frustrating time. Have you seen Noxuathl or Michlo in game for the past month and a half? No. Had you seen them before that? All the time! This computer has worked flawlessly with HZ since it's launch a couple of years ago. I've been fine when many others have had problems. I've not changed any of the hardware. Lo and behold, after that patch in March, unplayable.

You know I only recently returned to HZ and I've been bringing many others with me. I've got a Clan growing by the day, many of whom have never even "seen" their Guild Leader.

And no, I don't have an Audigy 2 ZS.

Kumu, you too would be frustrated. I ask that if you have nothing to contribute to help resolve this issue then you stay out of a thread that is not affecting you.

Thank you.

And Chaldor, I appreciate the suggestion and shall give another try with DXDiag just in case.

Cheers.

Noxuathl

Kumu,

I'm quite capable of reading and trying suggestions others have made WITHOUT your running commentary.

Now please.... BUTT OUT.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

New dixdiag run and all tests passed successfully.

I've opened a new case with HZ (82008) referring to the recently closed one (81434 originally opened on April 7th), including my logs with debug enabled and the dxdiag results.

spiritof55

[QUOTE=Noxuathl]
    Now tonight for some reason after yet another reinstall and a long wait after logging in I was finally able to play for a few minutes and then bam, kicked out with Error ID: 91. I log back in and the same thing happens.[QUOTE]

I have frequent disconnects as well. A window appears stating there was a transport error and the error ID is 91.

I also have frequent disconnects with transport error 91.. (ie cant log in, once I'm in, it's fine though!). This has not happened since latest maintenance however, so maybe something got fixed?
    Arietna Winterfire, Brand New ADULT!! Purple Dragon, CHAOS shard, DIVINE RETRIBUTION Guild

Ariadne Dreamweaver - ex of Unity Shard
    Tailor 67, Weaver 72, Carpenter 85,
    oh, and Spirit Disciple 57 , Paladin 34

Noxuathl

I see there are no more responses from tech support.

This is pretty sad.

I've finally had to cancel since I didn't even get any responses to my case.

Good luck to you all.

I was having the same issue, but only with my system that was a AMD 64... I have since put that system aside for now and play well on my P4 system... though I would rather do so on AMD... just my pennies worth.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Thread Information