Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should dragons have deferent adventure schools?

Question Should dragons have deferent adventure schools?

I think dragons should have deferent adventure schools so they can utilize different elements all there is breath or fire breath of lightning (Lunis) and Breath of ice (don’t flame me for the misspelling ) (healian ) if you study dragons as a hobby you know that there are different classes of dragons elemental Fire Earth Wind Water Lightning Storm ect.. and there are a few other classes but I think peds should not have all the fun I mean after you’re a l.v.100 what then . Craft? Lunis race forbid.

aney feed back would be great

Might be something for the devs to look at, AFTER, they do everything else on their plate whereas some things have been there 2+ years... ya know.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Wink

It just seems to me that peds should not have all the fun with there different classes I have got most of one class figured out this is after your rop as should most classes be hears a sneak peak if I get enough feed back I might submit this to beta or one of the devs

Storm class : lv 1 you have your basic t and c abilities for that current level + you got more area attacks a few in that I have thought of are spells and maby the chance to get difrent breath wepons in the game

Lightning Blast

Requirements:
    Lv 30
    Primal 500

Area effect

Reduce the power of a mob by 15 %

Damage kicker

Chance to hit 20 %

Dot 57 -100

And make lightning bolt also available to the storm class of a dragon as well

Electric strike lv 3

Kind of like silver strike and drain strike mashed together only it stuns the mob for a short amount of time

IF the devs take it like I have it planed Storm class will involve stunning and some power ups like peds have summing of the elements dragons being wing beast and hopefully being able to control some aspects of nature will have summoning of the storm will be used for most classes posted on the first one Ice Lightning Wind & Water it would just give there attacks a extra punch

They keep on saying there trying to get new mobs in the game this would be a avenue to do it and with Peter S doing the story boards he could really run with this idea especially because it is in its infancy

as always aney feed back would be helpfull
    Last edited by lightning claw; April 12th, 2006 at 06:32 AM.

I would suggest the first finish the difference between the Helians and Lunus factions before working on new classes.
    But factions favored classes would be a neat addition too.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Default bingo !

thats what i mean difrent classes for lunis and Helians being the fighters and jump claw first intobattel should get Storm fire and wind classes Helians should get Water Ice and Earth or have the dragon races unite

Heh I don't think we should have other adventure classes. I guess it would be neat, but we're dragons, not mages or druids or anything of that sort.

I would very much like different schools. There should be schools unique to Helians, schools unique to Lunus, and probably a few schools accessable to both. There should be a way for dragons to switch from Helian to Lunus and vice versa but it should be hard in a way that the difficulty is roughly constant no matter what your level.

I think the schools should NOT echo biped schools (like they did in beta) but be unique schools that reflect the different kinds of dragons you see in literature and games. I'm lousy at making up cool names, but instead of calling them fighter, mage, etc. something like earth dragon or SOMETHING with a bit more atmosphere would be far better.

I think the schools should follow the new pattern of other new schools such as Lairshaper in that you can't power level one school once you're high level in another. There should be very little overlap between schools. If you're a level 200 dragon melee type that shouldn't help you level a dragon caster type any faster then a brand new hatchling could level a caster type. If you're a level 100 melee type and a level 100 caster type, and your current school is, say, melee, you shouldn't be any more powerful then a level 100 melee type who doesn't have any other schools. (they need to do that for ALL schools but that's for another thread) Again, I really lousy at making up cool names, but both melee types and caster types should have cool names.

Helians should have the widest selection of caster type schools and Lunus should have the widest selection of melee type schools but both should have some capability in both areas. The default dragon such as all dragons are nowadays should correspond to a school.

There's a lot to be said for having the schools only become available once you become ancient. One very valid design approach would be for schools to not add raw power as much as allowing you to customize your dragon's skills to your play style and so your dragon isn't like everyone else's.

One alternative to schools would be some sort of skill point system such as in AC. You get some sort of skill points with which you can buy the skills you're interested in the most.

They've said some sort of post-ancient advancement is on the plate although they weren't decided on whether there would be schools and it may be awhile. Which most likely means a LONG while Maybe about 2009.

Seeing how the definition of Lunus and Helian is more idealogical, I don't think you could just switch back and forth on a whim.

{Helian Dragon} -------- {Order Shard} -------- {My Photo Album}

If dragons were allowed multiple schools under the current system then we would need some nerfing. Currently an ancient dragon is at least as powerful as a 1 or 2 lvl 100 multiclassed biped (without a rating penalty either). You can't just keep loading on the power without any drawbacks.

I would rather they follow thought with a ala-cart system they have said they are thinking about in that we can pick which ability's we want. It would allow for a lot more customization I think. You would have those that would in time get everything maxed like some bipeds are trying but some would just pick abilities they like so in the long run I think it would lead to more verity.

This should really wait until ancient advancement comes out as we do not know what they are planning. Like they said in their design preview, even they don't know if it will be an offering of different classes or just abilities, or what. A discussion on this is pretty well pointless until then.
    Disciples of Namir
    Shard: Order
    Britt Namir - Female Saris Flame Disciple
    Ryver - Ancient Helian Dragon (honorary disciple)
    Tania Namir - Femal Saris Storm Disciple
    Melthana - Adult Lunus Dragon (honorary disciple)
    Ruhan Namir - Male Saris Spirit Disciple

really the more i think about it the less i really want to mulit-class. like right now i get 20k+ xp for soloing the new blight hounds whereas a biped with a rating of ill say 150+ doesn't even get half that.

i know originally i posted multi-class would be good but that will just take to much work. just give me a heal thats worth a dang. besides refreshing breeze. and take silver strike off of hoard use. i do more damage with ravage than i do with silver strike.

i would much rather see a quest for a set of scales that is gear towards each race. something better than what we can craft on our own but would be worth getting. not just a tail scale here a chest scale there, but a whole entire set of scales that is completely geared towards the path that you chose.

or even this. have a very small variety of things to choose from once you hit lvl 100 adv. like this. have a quest for the helians that they can choose from. which will give them addition bonuses and spells for what they choose. i.e

if they want to choose to gain addition heals they must choose that line of quest. the rewards additional heal increase on all their heals and new heals
    another path they could choose would be along the lines of a mage. rewards for that line would be a bonus in focus and power, a damage ince on all their primal spells and have gain 2-3 new spells at the end.

and do the same for the lunus side. now you can only choose one and will not be able to get the other quest.

in a way it's multi-classing but not

Quote Originally Posted by Ryver
    This should really wait until ancient advancement comes out as we do not know what they are planning. Like they said in their design preview, even they don't know if it will be an offering of different classes or just abilities, or what. A discussion on this is pretty well pointless until then.
    I don't think that discussion is a bad thing in this case. Devs do read this stuff even if they don't post all the time. I'd rather see people give their ideas and see what happens. You never know you might even suggest something that turns out to be a really good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryver
    This should really wait until ancient advancement comes out as we do not know what they are planning.
    I dunno, it doesnt seem right to make everyone have to get to lv 100, do every quest, and have been playing for 100 days, and do their ARoP before being allowed to customize their dragon's class.

Whether or not Ancient advancement allows diversification of your dragon's abilities or not isn't the issue. It's whether dragons should be able to have any kind of diversity in style at all from the beginning.

{Helian Dragon} -------- {Order Shard} -------- {My Photo Album}

Quote Originally Posted by Khosadan
    I dunno, it doesnt seem right to make everyone have to get to lv 100, do every quest, and have been playing for 100 days, and do their ARoP before being allowed to customize their dragon's class.

Whether or not Ancient advancement allows diversification of your dragon's abilities or not isn't the issue. It's whether dragons should be able to have any kind of diversity in style at all from the beginning.
    Diversity is what we chose to play our dragons as... I can assure you there is most definately more than one way to play your dragons... Its all a matter of personal choice that we as individuals have not something that is foisted upon us by TG. Personally, to those that say, gimme more heals, gimme more this, gimme more that I say, pffft. Pound for pound dragons are one thing about all else... tanks, killing machines... by far they can do things that peds of similar level/rating can only dream about doing. For those that think I'm crazy. Take a L90 dragon and have him take a dozen mith golems on at the same time, kill them and survive... then take a R90 ped and attempt the same... the dragon will survive... the ped will become a statistic. And that was an adult dragon w/o the Arop scale... an intelligent ancient dragon can do far more than a ped with 3x as many levels. So I say if dragons keep wanting more this and that for abilities they should have the privledge of multi-classing and incur the same rewards and consequences thereof.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Well if you hit 100 and don't wanna make a lunus alt then make a biped alt since we have all the fun..........

Jayne

I don't see much wrong with making dragons wait for advanced specializations. I would put a dragons power on the scale of 3x100 right now, sometimes more depends on which 100s.
    Dragons play a different style of game, they get more than any single class with an extremely easy rate of leveling. By making them wait till ancient, which is hardly difficult to reach, at least it does put some limits, and penalties on them.

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    I don't see much wrong with making dragons wait for advanced specializations. I would put a dragons power on the scale of 3x100 right now, sometimes more depends on which 100s.
    Dragons play a different style of game, they get more than any single class with an extremely easy rate of leveling. By making them wait till ancient, which is hardly difficult to reach, at least it does put some limits, and penalties on them.
    I tend to agree with AAO on this. Dragons have a lot of stuff to do prior to becoming ancient and it really doesn't take that long anymore. Ancient on the other hand is right in the place that an adult dragon was prior to ARoP being released. That's not a terrible thing but at that point advancement stops so that's a logical place to put some sort of continuation.

Like others have said, an ancient get the equivalent of a 2x100, maybe 3x100 bipeds. But a biped can take what, 6-10 schools.

Like Kumu said in his signature, time is the only limitor. With dragon, the time restrain is set by having to wait to be an ancient.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

maybe we get an alternate system? more power not only because of levels?

by quests
    by using skills

would be much more better (in my viewpoint)

i hope we will see in the next future (1-2 month) any progression for dragons beyond lvl 100

Thread Information