Thread: Questions and info - multiclass

Shizzar-Unity

Default Questions and info - multiclass

After started this game, i found out that there are NO good information site for this game. And I've got like 100 question which need and answer.

You cna hardly find a site that explain every ability that a warrior get, only which he get. Further more when it come to multiclass there are NO site that explain what spells a warrior can use when he has levels in cleric, druid etc..

This problem has really pissed me of quite alot.

Anyway if anyone wanna build up a warrior as i wanted and does you will find out that this class is not really a tank but a damage dealer, you do not have any abilityies worth mentioned that can keep your the agro from mages etc. Which is the only thing a warrior should be able to - to keep agro you need damage and lots of it.

Again if you level a warrior up i would really recomend you to do cleric levels beside that - especialy if you want to solo. At level 9 cleric get a 50% slower ability that a warrior can use + he get gifts, raise spells and improve rec + rev that warrior can use! this become very very handy and you become much stronger from these spells to applay you. Furhter more the flame attack spell is also really nice, but requier you to take some mage school levels.

Dont be affride of your adventure rate really - Im level 31 warrior and my rate is 33 - beside that im level 26 cleric.. and now i can buff my self with 30 armor, 50str or dex, 10% haste, runespeed, buff a party memeber too with similar buffs (this is great if you just have a partner like i do)

I will start get some druid levels to applay regrowth as a buff and thorns (damage shield)

It's all about "what main class do you want" and then level him and keep the secondary schools below that level so you are sure you get main levels first. YOU DONT GET STR, DEX, FOCUS, POWER or Hp from level a cleric up if your warrior is higher only thing you get is the skills he requier for spells such as argumentation and life (you will get very very little in your weapons skills too but not really worth mentioned - thing i got like 10 to my weapons skills for those 26 levles i done in cleric school)

Before i do the druid which i mentioned i will need to talk to one to be sure that the spells i need from that school are applied to warrior when he is my main - the thons and regrowth.

Hope this just cast a little view on what you've been thinking - because this was my great consirn when i started.

Default Re: Questions and info - multiclass

Hi there,

I started out as a pure warrior, took him to 100.
    Switched to cleric and took him to 100.
    Took a few lvls in mage, 22 going for 36. I will explain why soon.
    Took 20 lvls for spiritist and 20 in druid to become Shaman.
    Dropped 20 lvls of spiritist and kept druid.

36 lvls of Mage.
    You need 36 lvls because at 18 you get Multicast as a Mage.
    If you want to be able to Multicast spells that means 18 x 2. 36 lvls.
    You also get Perfect spell at 9 i think so that will transfer aswell.
    Multicast will make sure that some spells will hit multiple times just like Multistrike does. Perfect spell will make sure that your spell gets an automatic hit, meaning it cant miss.

20 lvls of Druid.
    Well, you only need 16 lvls to be honest.
    At lvl 7 you get Natures Fury which is a 12% dmg increase on melee attacks.
    It transfers at 14 and it recycles really fast, awesome ability.
    At lvl 8 you get Petrify which is truly great if you want a hit that stuns your opponent.
    Cloak of Thorns aint masterable, that means you can ONLY use it when you are Druid and not when you are Warrior or anything else.
    Regrowth aint really that great and i aint sure if you can use it as a Warrior, dont remember atm but you dont really need it.

Now lets see, Warrior.
    Warrior can use the entire Gift line and Raise line.
    He can also use Revitalize and Improved Revitalize, the only heals he can use.
    Instant heal will also tranfer from cleric but if you got both at 100 you will get instant heal V which is not exactly anything incredible.
    Warrior to put it gently, aint a great caster and is very limited in spell usage and to be honest he does not exactly need to fight that way.
    You can check the requirements of different spells to see if warrior can use it, but my experience is that he is very limited.
    Cleric on the other hand, is not.
    Nature line spells work good with Cleric as does Spirit line if my memory serves me good.

Warrior my friend, is not just a tank but a great tank aswell.
    You can wear the BEST armor earlier then anyone else.
    You can wield a 2 handed Maul(hardest hitting weapon).
    You can use a 1 handed weapon/Shield when you want to go defensive.
    You got a special ability called Heroism that turns you into a dmg powerhouse for a short time at a 30min recycle though.
    You got Rend armor which at its highest forms debuffs an enemies armor with -250 armor i think.
    Cripple is also one sick ability, heavy debuff on str and dex and some to speed.
    Both cripple and rend armor, can not be mastered and thus not transfered.

Overall, Warrior alone is a great tank in teams that can perform very well in both defense and superior dmg.
    You will be outdmged by Berzerkers though and a well build Reaver could also do it but you will be oudmging reavers most of the time. Zerks you can forget about it.
    Keeping aggro, you will achieve that if you hit the target first and hit it hard.
    Even if a mage managed to grab aggro from you use Defend Other or Interpose(does not work last i checked) to grab it back.

The absolute best solo tank multiclassed combination i can think of is:

Cleric/Warrior with Cleric as main.
    A cleric will be able to use the following heals.
    Revitalize, Improved Revitalize, Minor Health, Health, Major Health, Group Health and Instant Heal.
    Cleric can also use the xGenerate HOT heal spell, which rocks by the way.
    A cleric will also use Enhance Line(Better then Raise Line) and can also use the Surge Line(Temporary boost in a certain area like health, str, armor etc.)
    Cleric also gets a Aura of Resistance that is a team oriented buff, increasing your resistance in crush, slash, pierce with 100+ i think, not sure how much exact atm.
    Gleaming Shield VIII will increase your armor temporarily with 160+ i think aswell.
    Evasive Style is like 140+ or something on evades.
    Because of your warrior training, Cleric can wield a 2 handed Maul when you want offence.
    A cleric is able to use a Maul but does not gain skill in it by lvling up, a warrior gains 10 in all weapons.
    As a 100 Cleric with 100 Warrior you will be able to use Multistrike II, Cleave I and some version of Critical Strike aswell as the area dmg ability Whirlwind I.

Conclusion
    A Cleric/Warrior combo will outtank and solo tons better then a pure Warrior.
    Some stats i can provide that cant be obtained in pure warrior mode solo.
    Nearly 2500 armor, temporarily. Normal is at 2100 or something.
    3800 HP Temporarily, normal at 3550 or something.
    1400+ 2handed crush skill.
    Endless ammount of healing power.
    The ability to use Purify to remove hostile spells, unless you have Shaman at high lvls so you can use Detoxify.
    Warrior will ofcource do more dmg then the Cleric/Warrior combo but he wont be as resiliant as the Cleric/Warrior combo.

Even if you play Warrior/Cleric, the Cleric/Warrior combo will be more resiliant.
    (First option is Warrior as main, second option Cleric as main.)

I was like you, thinking Warrior will be my main for life.
    Today i know, Cleric is my main for the above reasons i mentioned.

Now, why Shaman.
    Well to be honest you can choose Spiritist aswell for a third class you want to take to 100. I chose Shaman because:

Shaman gets Blight and Nature line.
    Shaman can use a 2 handed Maul...yeah!
    Shaman can use some type of 1 handed crush weapon and a 1 handed pierce spear with Shield.
    Shaman can use Ring and Chain armor...much better then what Spiritist gets to use.
    Shaman can use some insane debuffs that will work out fine later on, on my cleric.
    Like the ability to steal dex and str from a mob and transfer it to the entire team.
    Shaman can use ALL the Heals a Cleric can use.
    Shaman can use all the gifts ofcource.
    Shaman can use all the Enhance spells.
    I am sure they can use Surge too, almost 100% sure..dont remember.
    Shaman, gets to use the epic spell of Dark Cyclone.
    Thats an area dmg spell on a 20min timer.
    Thx to 36 lvls in mage, you can use Perfect Spell(Dark Cyclone will hit EVERYTHING) and Multicast(Dark Cyclone will hit SEVERAL times.)
    Now, combine that with Natures Fury a 2 Handed Maul and Whirlwind and throw in a couple of Area dmg spells like Thunder or Lighting storm aswell..it gets messy.

Anyway, thats all i can write for now...if you got questions just ask in here and i will try to reply.

Anikitos

Anikitos

100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 100 Shaman / 100 Guardian / 100 Monk / 100 Spiritist
    60 Druid / 40 Chaos Warrior / 36 Mage

Shizzar-Unity

That was one awesome post - thank you so much, you really duck into details there, I appreciate that a lot!

Yeah I do have questions. First of all I'm an old timer Everquest player, which has a great influence on how I react to the game. You can?t in any way put these two games up against each other when it comes to combat system (only a bit). But let me try to explain? In Everquest a warrior is simply everything, you will need him as main tank, no exactly when you exp, but when you raid! You will need to get the warrior to have agro and you need clerics to keep him alive, this is how it works. Now to the agro part! If a warrior lose this agro or die, the whole raid will wipe, yes even if your there with 70 people, one certain boss/God monster will kill you all in few seconds! So if the heal line breaks the raid fails, if the warrior don?t keep agro and the boss/God runs to the cleric and start kill them then it?s GAME OVER! A warrior get a few agro abilities (of cause damage is one of them, but he will not at any point make 1/5 the damage a wizard or a rogue will) so he have taunt ability which he can click every 5 second, and usually have agro increase debuff on his weapon. There is a hate list, the warrior need to be on top on that ? if a wizard get over the warrior the monster will run to him and then go back to the next on the hate list (hopefully the warrior, if not the raid is over). A warrior in Everquest is not actually a damage dealer, he do oki damage, but several classes can easy outdamage him, he lisk a meat shield and nothing else (which is the reason i never played one, found it too boring) Anyway too much talk of Everquest already.. What I mean is if a warrior lose agro in Everquest, he can taunt it back (easily when it?s just 5 guys doing exp) he just sit down or use taunt. In Horizonsusually hunt with my RL friend which is a mage, if he use multicast or I miss a few hits and he does not the agro will transfer, it?s not that I don?t do enough damage (if you look on the over all battle, I?ve done normally 70% of the damage) so when this happen, that agro transfer to my friend I SO NEED THAT TAUNT BUTTOM!! But I don?t have it, the best taunt I got is either to hope I haven?t used my critical strike or any high damage ability? Further more the one thing in Everquest that really piss a monster off is DEBUFF! If a shaman slow it he get really high on it?s hate list. If I use cleric level 9 slow (50%) it seems like the monster really don?t care, or if I start use heal. So does debuffing and heal not curse any agro at all? It seems to me that a cleric only healing will never get any agro.. Simply damage is the only agro factor I can see. What I really want to know, now since I play a tank, how does agro work exactly? And what is my BEST option to keep it, from the start until the end? Does agro have asomething to do with how far you are from a monster, doe a mage get less agro if he shots from far distance? One other thing, and this is about me as a person really, I want everything to be perfect! As of now I have only played Horizons for 2 weeks, am level 31 warrior 26 cleric. But I want my build up to be perfect. So you really cast some light on that. That I thank you for, a lot! Now I only have to figure out what exactly to do with my character. I?m 100% sure that warrior will be my main school, I just want to figure out which schools will benefit me the most. I solo a lot or hunt with my RL friend, so I found heals and the line of buffs from cleric REALLY good in this purpose. But what else can I add? Druid levels seem good too, though I hoped for DS to be used as warrior. The abilities you mentioned also sounded great ? does the stun ability provide additional agro maybe? Further more. (I seem to be able to go on for ages, hehe sorry about that) What equipment should I focus on, for now I think that dex provide me with the best, so I try to get dex jewellery and as tech on armor etc. But what would you add to your blade, which tech do you prefer? which tech to jewellery? (just mention the best of the best even though i can't use it or it's very costy, just wanna know.. and then also mention what would be good at my level) When you reach another level what do you spend your points on? I my self have spend all I can on HP, as I figured I?M A TANK! I NEED TO STAY ALIVE! And I put a few in dex and str. Do you know any tables on how much 10str add to damage? How much does 10dex add to weapon skill and evade? You talked a lot about that shaman and he seem cool! But how much of his spell line is available for a warrior? I?ve been searching for a website that would provide me with such answers, but I haven?t found one. You also talked about the best weapon as to be 2handed-maul, I my self have though about that, but again it?s delay is high, so would it be harder to keep agro with it? Now that I just reached level 30 I was gonna do some in-game test on what works best for me, 2h axe, sword or maul. I so hope it?s maul because they look sooooo awesome! Hehe I think this is all from me, I know it?s quite a lot, but you really seem to know what your talking about, and I like that, so any idea you have ? you can be sure I?m all ears! Last.. I play on the new European sever when it?s up again, Unity. Thank you in advance, Shizzar

Hello again,

Ok i know where you coming from, Everquest.
    I was a main tank in Anarchy Online(Enforcer) for severalyears having tanked the high lvl content of the Pre-Shadowlands(Expansion Pack) hundreds and hundreds of times.

Meaning much like Everquest, we had to deal with super bosses where you had usually one Primary designated Tank holding the aggro with dmg and aggro tools and you had healers(Doctors in AO) healing you. Rest of the people did dmg basically with the occasional odd role like crowd controll or whatever.

The same rules there as Everquest. The tank usually(after dmg nerf patch) did not perform aswell in the dmg area as other primarly dmg classes but his role was to produce aggro and soak up the dmg.

We used several buffs to accomplish this and personally i was build as a pure tank with the best unique armor and weapons available at the time coming from the super bosses.

Heals from Healers produce a great ammount of dmg as did the Nukes from Nano-Technicians(Mages) aswell as Soldiers and Agents and other dmg classes.
    So the need to be ahead of them all in the aggro department is what made you a great tank.

The ability to gain back the aggro as fast as possible if an aggro glitch occured was also the characteristics of a great tank.

The ability to soak up dmg, a great plus.

As you see both AO and Everquest had traditional roles in their team play.

Now, lets look at Horizons.

In Horizons despite what some would say there is no single class that is best suited for tanking.

Why?

In one word, Multiclassing.

Like i told you before, a cleric/warrior hybrid with cleric as main will outtank any single class outthere solo.

But you got to look at tanking and roles in 2 aspects.

1.Solo (Non-Bosses)
    Solo, pure warrior can solo great if he is carefully. Warrior will produce a great ammount of dmg so he can pretty much take down mobs pretty fast.
    You also got Negate Attack which is a great special, at higher instances of the special it can absorb like 3 attacks.
    First, know what you kill. Understand how it works and when it uses its specials.
    When you figure that out its easy to use specials like Negate like or other things.
    Simply put, know your enemy and how he attacks.
    If you multiclass warrior with cleric(you should) it will be even better.

2.Group(Non-Bosses)
    Well, if you are part of a good group just start doing dmg first with a slow hitting 2 handed weapon. The BEST choice for a weapon as a warrior is the Maul.
    Dont even think about it, the best guaranted results in aggro is HEAVY hits, meaning hits that do alot of dmg. That is what generates aggro. When you want to play more defensive after you unleash your heavy specials like multistrike switch to shield and a 1 handed weapon to take advantage of the extra armor and Block bonus of the shield.
    If you have good healers in team you can allways stay on your 2handed Maul never switching to 1hand/shield combo.
    If you get an add that is going for another person in group, switch to a 2handed weapon and hit the add with a multistrike or critical strike then use Defend Other on the person that it went for.
    Above all, INFORM your teammates NOT to run away when they get adds but to STAY put untill you get aggro back. Its hard to get aggro back if you cant catch a "running like a sissy girl" teammate trying to save his ******.
    Now you will have both mobs on you, so switch to 1hand/Shield to give your healers a chance to heal.
    Also try to "read" the game and pull both mobs further back or something.
    This requires some skill in both you as main tank/puller and also great trust from your teammates and skill aswell. If they suck, drop them like a bad habbit and dont team with ppl that cant listen and dont work asa TEAM.

Solo(Bosses)
    Some bosses i can solo, like the Mithril Boss Golem (Mhedon) lvl 103 with 9k HP or something. Chieftain boss in the middle of the Bloodskulk Fortress i can solo aswell, it requires clearing the base first from Skulks then dealing with the Chieftain.
    Other mobs pose a tougher challenge like Mouf, a crazy gruok boss with insane firepower. Once his HP gets low he uses Boars Rage like the other gruoks, the difference is his Rage is INSANE with tons of dmgoutput.
    I might be able to outheal his dmg once i tech my Tier V healing spells, remains to be seen.
    So as you see, its possible to solo if you have cleric as main. As pure warrior it will be harder.
    Also keep in mind that racial ability plays a great role here.
    I am a Half-Giant and my racial ability sucks compared to the 1k+ armor dwarfes get or Sslik regenaration. So, best tank race would ofcource be a dwarf then followed by a Sslik then by a ....dont laugh now...a god ******** Dryad.

Team(Bosses)
    Well the same rules apply there as in solo bosses section to be honest.
    You will benefit your team much more if you got heals and good dmg output.
    Oh, if you have a zerker in team...and are on either cleric main or warrior main you can forget about tanking pretty much. I have seen Berzerkers do 3.6k critical hits.
    Simply put, you will be outdmged.

A thing that you also need to do is to tech your equip.
    I tech all my armor pieces with Armor(all pieces), 2 hand crush(those pieces that can take it), Str (those pieces that can take it), Dex (those pieces that can take it), Health (those pieces that can take it)...in that priority order.
    Mithril Plate can take 3 techs in it, the above are the techs i use.
    For your Shield, use Armor, Block and a Socket for crystall. In that order.
    For weapon(example Maul), use Parry, 2 hand crush, Socket. In that order.

As to training points.
    I got max in HP ofcource, 600 TP. (HP is KING)
    Maybe like 240 in 2hand crush. (Greater dmg output)
    350 i think in Evasion. (If a mob miss, you dont take dmg)

When it comes to tanking role in HZ compared to Everquest or AO.
    It does not exist in the same manner, because of multiclassing and lack of super bosses.

In Everquest/AO you are bound to 1 traditional role in group, thats it.
    Thats your task, if you are a tank you tank.
    If you are a healer you heal main tank, thats it.

Not in Horizons, if i tank as cleric i will heal myself...hell i even throw in a couple of debuffs from my Shaman school or wth..i cast a Dark Cyclone and get rid of the adds or maybe a couple of area dmg spells from the Nature line...you get the idea.

So Horizons, offer you alot more options then you get from the stereotypical roles in Everquest/AO and clones.

What it does not offer you though, is a super bosses yet.
    Meaning a real challenge that requires a larger group of competent people working as a Team following a ruleset to bring the mob down.

That, you dont get yet.

Anikitos
    Anikitos

Some things i forgot to add to my reply.

Jewels:
    I use Health Jewels teched with(ofcource) Armor(all), Str(those available), Dex(those available), Parry(on bracelets..you will LOVE it, its that good) and soon to add 2hand crush.
    Atm i am using Platinum Jewels and will move to Tier V teched Mithril Jewels when i find a crafter that can make them. Mithril will ofcource mean 1 more tech per jewel then platinum.

Shaman spells and Warrior as a spellcaster:
    Shaman spellsare great in terms of dmg(if you tech the spells good) and ofcource debuffing. Like i said before, Warrior aint a great spellcaster and wont be able to use most them i believe. I need to get ingame to see what spells are possible to use and what spells are not possible to use. But as i said, warrior aint good at it.

Weapons:
    The delay you speak off is bad, but it can be MUCH improved with Gift of Alacrity spell and especially when you are able to use the V version of it. Think it lowers the delay by 25% or something, again not 100% sure how much but you WILL see a big difference.
    Weapons as I see it on warrior comes in 2 types.
    Hard hitting slowerweapons for your specials(Critical strike, Multistrike, Whirlwind, cleave) and lower hitting faster weapons like 1handed longsword(what I use, i like the style and its fast and ok dmg for a 1handed weapon).

Best hard hitting 2 handed weapon.
    Hands down, Maul.
    You will perform better with a Maul then with a 2 handed Axe, i tried both.
    The idea here is not dmg over time but hardest possible series of hits through the use of your specials (multistrike, critical, whirlwind, cleave).
    We talked about aggro, it is my belief that aggro is very primitive in HZ and is calculating mostly on the one that performs the most dmg output in the shortest ammount of time.
    Thus, Maul...is King for Warrior or a multiclassed Cleric/Warrior.

1 handed Weapon / Shield
    A great supplement for your warrior. Immediately after unleashing your specials with a 2handed Maul, switch to this combination for defence and dmg over time.
    You will get hit for less dmg and will also get hit less times because of the Block bonus on the Shield.

A problem that pure Clerics has is dmg output. They will be using a 1 handed Warhammer mostly.

A cleric/warrior however will be using the Maul and also the warrior specials multistrike, cleave, whirlwind, critical strike.

Thus a cleric/warrior will outdmg any pure cleric and pretty much some other classes from the melee schools aswell. He wont outdmg a pure warrior, zerker, reaver.

Anikitos
    Anikitos

Shizzar-Unity

Thank you for yet another great Essay on the warrior and how he should be made! Yeah I know a great deal about AO and that it?s much the same as EQ so I get the point. This leaves me with only a few questions. As I said I?ve put all I can in health from my level points. Then rest in both STR and DEX. But what I can read from your essay is that you?ve used them in 2handed-crush and evasion. Would you recommend me to by-back the points I spend in DEX and STR and put them into 2handed-crush and evasion?

I don?t know yet how important STR and DEX are, I see DEX add a little to evasion and weapon skills, but not sure if I?m better off with putting the skills in both crush and evasion then in DEX, they also cost less then one in DEX.

Now that you mention which classes are the best suited warrior, I am glad that I chose to be Sslik. And I must admit that the regeneration ability they have, do come handy.

Second thing here is, you fought your warrior to 100 first? So that you got the HP. STR,DEX and skills from warrior school and then went on to cleric? That is how I figured out I would do, as of now I try to keep them close, but warrior always a few levels above cleric. I guess why you chose the 2handed-crush is also that if you switch to cleric as main, then you can still use the 2handed-crush with great purpose ? along with 1handed-crush? Same deal applies for the shaman.

Third thing, I am certain that I will go for 100 warrior and 100 cleric ? But you recommend me to go for shaman after that is done? For additional debuff?

You also mentioned Natures Furry, but that leaves me with the questions ?how does that ability work?? is it passive or active? As for this level I usually do this when I start a fight ? Pull the monster with level 9 cleric slow (hope it stick) then I turn into Power Style (depending on what monster ? some have a start special attack then I use negate armour too) from this point on my frist attack will be rend armour and then probably magic attack as that ability is on a different timer then the other warrior abilities. Now if my mulsti strike is ready I will use that before my Power Attack pop then, depending on monster level I might as well use critical strike now! Else I try to save it for a situation where I need my aggro back again. This also leads to a question more ? What are those combat stances for? I know that they do additional damage to other combat stance, but do they have any other effects? I think I read something about red stance add damage to my power attack and smash, and blue add to critical strike ? can you sum up on this maybe? And which style do you use most?

If you have anything else to add to a possible best warrior creation, both on damage output and tanking abilities (it?s really the primary thing I like is to do damage, but yet I don?t wanna become a berserker, as tanking is also a great deal to me) Again I wanna thank you a lot for putting time into explaining this, I know I benefit a lot from what you write here, and I know that other warrior, who really wanna sit down and take time to read this will get a lot ?aha! That is how it works!? feelings? Thank you again!

Shizzar-Unity

Yeah the jewellry, I'm level 31/26 Warrior/cleric - so i can use silver jewellry for now, can you make a fast list on both wepon, jewellry and armor metals - which can you one, two, three and so on tech?

If you don't remember i will just try to contact a trader in-game (when Unity server become availeable)

Shizzar-Unity

Oh now i read your signature i see that you are a old earthling like me! (well I'm not old as i only played a few weeks, but i played on earth)

Seems we can talk ingame too when the server is up again. That will really be nice. Hope i dont bomb you with too many questions, hehe

Yes, old Earthling indeed. :)

You can talk to me anytime ingame aswell about this but here are some brief answers.

STR will raise your dmg output.
    DEX will raise your evades.

But putting skill in lets say 2hand crush will also raise the chance of you succefully hitting a mob. You will find this a good thing as some higher lvl mobs have high evades.

About the buy back thing, i wont recomend you that yet because you are at low lvls atm. What i would like you to be though is open to the suggestion of bying those points back and most importantly why.

Weapon skill(2hand crush)
    Greater increase in your chances of hitting a mob.
    Greater increase in your chances to land specials.
    Higher dmg output.

Health
    Hp is King.

Evasion
    Mobs will miss you more, good thing.

My path was warrior to 100 first, then cleric as i stated on first post.
    Nothing wrong with your approach either to be honest. You doing it correctly.

About taking on a third class(meaning one that you want to take to 100).
    First its a personal choice.
    I can tell you what works great, if you have cleric aswell.

Shaman is a great choice.
    Spiritist is interesting too.(If i am crazy enough i might take it on as a 4th class.)
    Guardian i am not sure, would need to investigate inorder to know.
    I would not choose any mage specific schools as i dont think i need it.

But the reason why you take on a new class is because it enhances your chr in some way that its worth lvling it to 100.
    If the enhancement is small and you dont think its worth it, no need to do it.

Also a key thing to notice, you benefit more from this extra classes if you play Cleric as main.

Natures Fury is an ability that you can use every 2 minutes i think, it lasts for 1minuted and will increase your melee dmg with 12%.

About stances.

Some special attacks do more dmg if they are in a certain stance.
    Critical strike in blue stance i think.
    Power Strike in Red stance.

But.

Mobs that are in red stance, if you go to blue stance....your regular dmg will be higher and your critical strike will be even more insane.

Blue > Red
    Red > Green
    Green > Blue

Not all mobs uses stances, but if they do you can pretty much do some very powerfull hits.

Anikitos
    Anikitos

Shizzar-Unity

I haven't notic any stance since low levels (maggots and lesser zombies at level 2-10) since that I've fought the turok line outside sslanis and moved on the those spider hatchlings (20-25) then i started on ruxurs and still do them (tremendious - yes i do solo level 40 at levle 31, hehe)

but i never seen them use stance so for now i will only do red for power attack because i use that alot more then critical hit.

Talk in game bro! thank you

Yes you are correct, most of the new mobs dont use stances.
    A new mob that does use them is Bloodskulks, but you will do those later on in your life once you are little higher. Skulks are like lvl 80+ bloodmages, shamans, spearman and other nasty things. Lots of magic with other words.

Animated Marrows are lvl 80 and allways used stances, dont know if they are going to be at their old place in Eastern Blight once Unity comes up, but thats how it used to work.

Anyway see ya ingame, send me a tell anytime.

Anikitos
    Anikitos

Thank you so much for such a great post. Im just coming back to Istaria and based on this information I will be re-rolling a Dwarf fighter based multi class.

Are you by any chance still playing the game? Todays date 27/05/2005 Australia.

/salute
    Fleshrend - Chaos Server
    94 Cleric 12 Warrior 10 monk 8 mage
    100 Blacksmith 100 Mason 91 tinkerer 100 Carpenter 100 Fitter 80 Scholar 73 spellcrafter 41 gatherer 49 Miner

Thread Information