Thread: Lair Size question

Default Lair Size question

My wife and I are looking to return to this game and play baby dragons from scratch...

My question is thus

having had experience with the older plot system of horizons in that they were sorted by sizes... small medium large etc...

are lairs sorted in the same fashion ? Small medium large etc ??

My impression that a lair can get as big as you can make it if you wanted to put the work into it. Is this true ? or is there a space boundary to work within just like bipedal plots ?

thank you.

Lair size are counted in 'block' of 24x24x24 meters each.

Mostly, when they were released, the Dev didn't bothered to add diversity to the size: Most of the lair are between 140 and 150 'blocks'. It's just how those blocks are arranged that make a difference. Some liair goes deeper than other but have a smaller surface.

It's up to the owner to decide how to fill those block, with room that take a certain amount of blocks, with each room getting bigger (without any real reward for some) with each tier.

For instance, a lair Room take 4,4,12,12,18,18 blocks from Tier 1 to 6 with increasing bulk and stacks.
    There used to be an excel file with all the room size available.

Hope this help
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

thanks for the quick responses.

much appreciated

Lair sizes vary. You can get 120x120x144, or 120x96x168 and a few other variations, but those two seem to be pretty much the norm.

Basically the first is wider than the second, but the second is deeper, i.e. you get an extra level.

Personally... it's a pain to run aaaaaaaallllll the way down in a lair, and it's annoying that you have to stand nearly inside a silo to get something out of it (don't have that problem with biped plots), but for space they are hard to beat.
    Unless of course you want to build all silos, then a biped plot is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech
    Lair sizes vary. You can get 120x120x144, or 120x96x168 and a few other variations, but those two seem to be pretty much the norm.

Basically the first is wider than the second, but the second is deeper, i.e. you get an extra level.

Personally... it's a pain to run aaaaaaaallllll the way down in a lair, and it's annoying that you have to stand nearly inside a silo to get something out of it (don't have that problem with biped plots), but for space they are hard to beat.
    Unless of course you want to build all silos, then a biped plot is better.
    Lairs does vary in dimension,(X by Y by Z) but the total volume, aka building space are mostly the same. The decision mostly go to whatever you plan to build Tier 5 Hall / Lair or a grand hall (which don't fit on some deep lairs).

And yes, Lair "storage" is pitiful at Tier 3 and up. There's a need for real improvement there. For Tier 1-2, lairs beat plots (in my opinion). But when it come to higher tier, plot get the better hand for storage and shops.
    Though, the Tier 5 storage gets an increase, and 5000 bulks aren't usable for normale usage
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Thread Information