Thread: Program fault with Lair building

Kaiidth

Default Program fault with Lair building

I may have just found a fault with the way that lairs are planned & built & constructed..

My lair currently has 2 chambers completely built at the entrance, and a number of rooms "built" (ready to have resources added to them to be built)on level 2.

However, because all the rooms inbetween level 0 and level 2 were only "planned" they have all disappeared now I have relogged...

In pictures :-
    level0.jpg
    Level 0 with the entrance and the two completed rooms

level1.jpg
    The Empty Level 1

level2.jpg
    Level 2 with a load of corridors and silos "built" all at 0% resources added

Because the chambers on level 2 are no longer connected to the entrance, I cannot delete them.. More annoyingly though, because they exist, I cannot plan any new rooms to link them in, as it seems the program does not see the built rooms on level 0 as having a valid connection point, OR possibly because the program does not default to the highest level layer with a valid connection point and denies the new chamber because it has no connectivity to the entrance.

Either way, this has rendered my lair completely unusable as I can no longer add or delete any rooms to the lair. I have submitted a support ticket for this problem, but because this is on Unity, I doubt it will be sorted quickly..

So for now, let this be a warning to all lair-diggers. DON'T click the "build" button on a chamber that does not have all the previous chambers "built" cos all it takes is a lost connection to bork up your lair!!

Has anyone else come across this problem ??
    What did you do to fix it ??
    It has been suggested I sell the plot back to the community and rebuy it, but what EXACTLY happens then ?? Do the rooms already constructed get wiped out?? Do I get Novians for them if they do ??

Any help with this would be really appreciated...

Have you tried submitting a support ticket?
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Thumbs down

Afaik it's on Unity - I think a support ticket will probably amount to wasted electrons.

Kaiidth

yes to both Seranthor & Xarog...
    I HAVE put in a support ticket, and it is on Unity...

Actually I had this bug with mine, and you can't sell/decon anything because you get the "structure is not conncected" error when you try to do so. I had to have a Dev get in and totally reset mine for me to be able to do anything with it. Even sell it.
    This space for sale or rent. PST for pricing.

Thread Information