Thread: Stuck at login screen

Lupinus

Default Stuck at login screen

Hello I downloaded the 14 day trial version and now I cant get past the "Receiving new character essence" when logging in, I do have contact with the server as it passes the validating account text. But then it times out and I get a transport error 13 or sometimes 30.

I live in sweden but creating a character on the Unity shard didnt work so I tried the chaos server but no luck there either so far. It seems like the server is overloaded but I am having a hard time beliving that.

help appreciated

Lupinus

hmm Dont know if its the source, but which client do you have? the EU one or the US one?
    Maybe the problem relates to this?

Lupinus

I have the US client and tonight I finally got into the game but every time Izone or recall it takes forever to load the place i am going to. I saw som older post about this problem and I removed the world cache folder but that didnt help.

Do you have a dial up connection?

Quote Originally Posted by Lupinus
    I have the US client and tonight I finally got into the game but every time Izone or recall it takes forever to load the place i am going to. I saw som older post about this problem and I removed the world cache folder but that didnt help.
    Horizons is a gameworld that is not static at the server an by this can dynamic change.
    To implement this, the world model with all textures and their positions are stored at your pc in the world_cache folder.

Every time you port to a new area where you have not been before ore not been a longer time, the client reloads the sector files from the server.
    If your're porting to places where you short before have been, the client only checks the files integrity.

Thats why you might have port lags at the beginning, till your world cache is updated.
    After this is done, ports are very quickly (5-15sec even with isdn)

A thing that can help is to turn of the loading screen.
    This makes it possible for you to move before every thing is completly loaded.
    type
    /setpref useloadingscreen false
    into your chatwindow or set this command manually in the following file:
    <Path to Horizons>\prefs\<char name>\ClientPrefs_Main.def

Lupinus

Thumbs up

Thanks Chaldor, disabling the the load screen made the game work fine for me, been playing for 4hrs straight without any problems, crafting is great in this game

Thread Information