Thread: Can't Create a new character

gto_cowgirl

Exclamation Can't Create a new character

I just finished downloading all the updates and i'm able to go inside the game where it shows me the human race to start creating my new character. But if i pick a different race, it will try to load it and never make it, thats when i get kicked out of the game and i have to start all over.

Computer stats:

2.20 GHz
    512 RAM
    GeForce 2

Also, just defragged and cleaned up my computer as well and i'm still getting this problem.

Which server are you trying to create the character on? I know Unity has been suffering with problems on the character creation.
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

Unity's problems don't cause a crash however, so this is probably not related to that. GF2 sounds a bit on the weak side to run HZ though. What is the exact model you use?

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

gto_cowgirl

I'm trying to get on Chaos, the normal non roleplaying server.

I got a NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX/MX 400 (don't remember any other info on that)

Although i thought i could at least play HZ a little bit without to much trouble with an old graphics card. If i have to update that, what would be a good graphics card that doesn't cost to much. Definately can't afford over 100 dollars.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...SubCategory=48

Theres a decent list of cards between $75 and $100. All Nvidia(as I don't recommend ATI's, personally). Make sure you get a card for your board(AGP vs PCIE). From the looks of your current card, AGP is probably what you have(Double check though). I have a card very similar to the first one listed, and I can run the game no problem. Although I have 1.5 gigs more RAM than you as well....
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

In the past, I've had some communication with Zideon (a dev) on this as far as GeForce goes. He told me at least a 3, 256 MB would of course be the best otherwise go for 128MB. I ended up getting a GF3 as a gift from someone who upgraded and no longer needed it, but it is 64MB. It still runs far better than what the computer came with (Intel Extreme Graphics Chip, this was a nightmare), but hopefully I can upgrade to something even better someday.
    Disciples of Namir
    Shard: Order
    Britt Namir - Female Saris Flame Disciple
    Ryver - Ancient Helian Dragon (honorary disciple)
    Tania Namir - Femal Saris Storm Disciple
    Melthana - Adult Lunus Dragon (honorary disciple)
    Ruhan Namir - Male Saris Spirit Disciple

Thread Information