Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Confectioner School

Default Confectioner School

Please use this thread to discuss the recent changes announced regarding the Confectioner School.

Thanks!

"I will take my brush from the warpaint,
    My foot from the warpath
    When you understand
    It is sadness that drives the wrath..."
    Buffalo
    Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers

A comment about the death point and death penalty:
    What are your thoughts about increasing the number of death points before getting a penalty? For the sake of discussion, say 1 "free" death point per tier. At tier 5, that means a gifted could accumulate 5 death points before getting a penalty. The penalty would be of the same severity as if they had 5 death points under the current system though -- not as if they had two.

From a play perspective, it could be that the stronger a character becomes, the higher their ability to shrug off the effects of death, untill they cross a threshold and give in.

From a mechanics perspective, it seems that its a lot easier to die when fighting higher tiered mobs (easier for a t6 to die fighting a t6 than it is for a t3 fighting a t3) -- especially epic/event ones. The group also becomes much less effective as its members become encumbered with death penalties. The way to counter this is to use superior resurrects and eat ambrosia to keep the death point count (and penalty) low. With the change to the death point timers, ambrosia will not be effective for this purpose, and neither will the current food.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw
    A comment about the death point and death penalty:
    What are your thoughts about increasing the number of death points before getting a penalty? For the sake of discussion, say 1 "free" death point per tier. At tier 5, that means a gifted could accumulate 5 death points before getting a penalty. The penalty would be of the same severity as if they had 5 death points under the current system though -- not as if they had two.

From a play perspective, it could be that the stronger a character becomes, the higher their ability to shrug off the effects of death, untill they cross a threshold and give in.

From a mechanics perspective, it seems that its a lot easier to die when fighting higher tiered mobs (easier for a t6 to die fighting a t6 than it is for a t3 fighting a t3) -- especially epic/event ones. The group also becomes much less effective as its members become encumbered with death penalties. The way to counter this is to use superior resurrects and eat ambrosia to keep the death point count (and penalty) low. With the change to the death point timers, ambrosia will not be effective for this purpose, and neither will the current food.
    Technically, this can't be done, due to the way the system was originally created.

That aside though, even if we could do this, It's not something we'd really like to do. The higher Tier player has several options to deal with Death Points. In fact, they have some things that the lower tiered players don't have - mainly Superior Rez.

While this is an interesting concept, we feel that things would be more closely balanced without this addition. Besides, we can't do it anyway. =P

My foot from the warpath
    When you understand
    Buffalo

Tania Tigahare

Thumbs up

This is great, I am looking forward to this. Just wish there was an ETA I am disappointed that there is no cantaloupe or cherries in the resource list

I am also wondering when you are planning on doing the next Blight copy as I am on the list, I would really like to test this when it is released.

hmm its difficult to say, i think the existing DP System give you a big disadvantage if you dont hunt carefull but you can live with the penalty

i dont like to get a dp and be forced to eat food else i cant play for several days (only if i can craft / hunt the same with the penalty) i would

quote:
    - Death Points -
    Probably the most prevalent change will be the change to the Death Point system. Death Points will now increase per tier, based on Adventure Rating.

i would like to see the rating more involved so that if you are lvl 100 (t6) you get 48 hour penalty and if you are rating 120 (t7) you get +4 hours, so the first time rating will affect even the death
    Last edited by Vlisson; April 25th, 2006 at 06:42 AM.

thanks Tania, but i found it too, i havent known that they use the news to announce such things

i have only a quick link to the board, the other parts of this page havent been of interest for me before.

when will this announcement become real? any eta?

Probably the most prevalent change will be the change to the Death Point system. Death Points will now increase per tier, based on Adventure Rating. At Tier 1, each Death Point will last 8 hours, the same as it does now, and will increase by 4 hours for each Tier up to 28 hours per Death Point at Tier 6.
    I hope to finally get this answered. What rating will denote a t6 death point? Rating 100, or Rating 101?

I would think 100 is T6 as 1-19 is T1, 20-39 is T2, 40-59 T3, and so on. So that makes 100-119 T6

It would be interesting to see T7 120-139, T8 140-159, etc and put some penalty on dying when you're rating gets so obscene that you shouldn't be dying.

Bring on the new resources the new tavern bonus and new/revised conf forms we have been patiently waiting for the revisopns that being said do we have a timeline for part 2 and 3 of the conf revamp ?
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

No, we don't Vandellia.

I like what I've read and only two things concern me now.

1) Tavern listing limits. With Seasoned foods not being stackable this means that not only the dishes will need to listed but the seasonings as well. With 6 tiers of 4 meals that brings the listings, if a Confectioner was to provide for all tiers, 96 items. With seasonings that number will be much larger. So I am a bit concerned about the listing potentials of taverns.

a) How many seasonings will we have available?
    b) Has there been thought and concideration made into increasing the tavern listing limits?
    c) Would an increase be concidered if it has not been already?

2) Downtime. The amount of time it takes to eat a meal, then wait to eat another meal does have me a bit concerned as well it will basically force players to take, at the least, an 8 minute break from activities. Most adventuring players do not like downtime so I feel this may become a problem.

Those are really the only two things I can see there being a problem with. Everything else looks pretty good and I hope we start seeing this rolled out soon.

I shouldn't have looked at the resource list, now I can't wait to play with the new recipes.
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

I think the best way will be to list meals as well as the seasoning techs for sale, that way you can stack many items

AA0,

I agree, but that's what I'm talking about. With the meals alone that is 96 listings (dishes) total. We don't even know how many seasonings are going to be available but however many there are, those are additional listings on top of the meals. I'm not even talking about pre-adding seasonings to dishes, just listing the dishes and seasonings seperately.

Plus, I can't find out how many listings are on each Tavern currently cuz the page we use to be able to get to isn't there anymore or there is no link to it.

The answer would seem to be to turn a guild community into a parade of consigners surrounding four or five taverns - every mall needs a food court! :-)
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    We don't even know how many seasonings are going to be available

The seasonings are the other ingredients themselves. The resources that you will be gathering and processing serve a dual role: as both the base ingredients for a dish, as well as the "Seasonings".

Call them seasonings, garnishes, additional ingredients, what have you - they all mean the same thing - adding another ingredient to a dish, that the dish doesn't require or call for in order to be made.

My foot from the warpath
    When you understand
    Buffalo

Looking good. I suppose there won't be any restrictions to which seasonings can be 'teched' to which dishes? That is, I can add my ketchup and strawberries to my grilled chicken legs if I want to?

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard
    Looking good. I suppose there won't be any restrictions to which seasonings can be 'teched' to which dishes? That is, I can add my ketchup and strawberries to my grilled chicken legs if I want to?
    I hope not. It would interfere with my ability to play "Iron Chef".
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Thread Information