Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Confectioner School

Quote Originally Posted by RawdgeTG
    The seasonings are the other ingredients themselves. The resources that you will be gathering and processing serve a dual role: as both the base ingredients for a dish, as well as the "Seasonings".

Call them seasonings, garnishes, additional ingredients, what have you - they all mean the same thing - adding another ingredient to a dish, that the dish doesn't require or call for in order to be made.
    Okie Rawdge,

Knowing that then I formally request that the tavern listing limits be looked at and increased greatly from whatever the current limits are. I also hope that these seasoning resources will count as FOOD so that they can be listed on a tavern instead of counting as a resource which is not allowed to be listed on a Tavern.

This to me, is the only MAJOR chink in this plan. Sort that out, and it'll be golden with only a minor concern over downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard
    Looking good. I suppose there won't be any restrictions to which seasonings can be 'teched' to which dishes? That is, I can add my ketchup and strawberries to my grilled chicken legs if I want to?
    Thats correct. The only limitation will be that you cannot use the same Seasoning on the dish twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    Okie Rawdge,

Knowing that then I formally request that the tavern listing limits be looked at and increased greatly from whatever the current limits are. I also hope that these seasoning resources will count as FOOD so that they can be listed on a tavern instead of counting as a resource which is not allowed to be listed on a Tavern.

This to me, is the only MAJOR chink in this plan. Sort that out, and it'll be golden with only a minor concern over downtime.
    I think I may have negotiated a deal that will allow Tavernkeepers to list twice the amount of goods for their *owners*. As a result, this effects traditional Consigners as well. It looks like thats about all I'm going to be able to get though.

"I will take my brush from the warpaint,
    My foot from the warpath
    When you understand
    It is sadness that drives the wrath..."
    Buffalo
    Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers

I heard some rumors floating around that dragons were going to be able to kill something like a deer or sheep and be able to gnaw away on it...

It would be a cool addition but I guess that part didn't make the cut (or shred, or maul, or....)
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Dragon food is still on the table, but not as part of this update. Afterall, this is for Confectioner. And we don't want to slap something together without thinking its full implications and potential through.

I think such a big change is hard to see the outcome.. probably the most sensible thing is to see how the world adapts and decide after what should be done for dragon food

Yes Rawdges let slip they are looking at some way for us to "cook" with our breath of fire. Also let slip some other things about the Loot revamp

That's awesome Rawdge and I'm glad to hear it. I'm sure Consigner owners will find this a bit of good news as well. My thanks!

*crossing her fingers that negotiations finalize into implimentation*

It appears food will have no use for those of use who don't die on a regular basis.

All in all the changes look extremely well thought out and planned for...I hope that all crafts will get a similar treatment sometime in the future...Making an already good crafting system so much better...
    Ssilmath Torshak, Paladin of the Lost, Shaman of the Damned, Master Armorsmith

My other "crack would be cheaper" hobby
    http://ssilmath.deviantart.com/

If forms for foods like Pumpkin Seeds (armor boost) and Gruokwurst (strength boost) etc. don't dissapear, then some foods can still be of benefit to players without deathpoints.
    Will it still be possible to get these forms somehow or will the old fashioned food forms become relics?
    Will more of these non-DPRT types of forms be coming out? Is this what you mean by "mystic foods"?
    Hlano Nitro, Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Optimalnitro
    If forms for foods like Pumpkin Seeds (armor boost) and Gruokwurst (strength boost) etc. don't dissapear, then some foods can still be of benefit to players without deathpoints.
    Will it still be possible to get these forms somehow or will the old fashioned food forms become relics?
    Will more of these non-DPRT types of forms be coming out? Is this what you mean by "mystic foods"?
    These types of foods would be considered Mystical Food. This will encompass any kind of food that does not focus on DPTR, such as the previous Festival Foods, Racial Foods, etc..

"I will take my brush from the warpaint,
    My foot from the warpath
    When you understand
    It is sadness that drives the wrath..."
    Buffalo
    Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers

All very nice, but what contingency are you going to put in place to deal with DP's when these changes are no longer new and the confectioners get sick of the grind and all this food that people will be "encouraged" to consume is no longer available?

Rembemer there aren't that many players (although I think it's getting better), even less of them are confectioners and this game, and it's players, does have a history of getting into things with a bang and moving on very quickly (blight anchors anyone, or potions... we can go quite a few days with very few available, "some" world projects?).

Sure, some people are enthusiastic just now, but enthusiasm (and commitment) are among the first victims of the type of grind involved in this revamp...I hear lairshaping is a blast!!!

Darksun

A school like this should encourage a lot more confectioners, also the game must rely on supply and demand. They are creating a demand for a product (finally), the sale of this food should be a good motive for most people to craft.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksun
    All very nice, but what contingency are you going to put in place to deal with DP's when these changes are no longer new and the confectioners get sick of the grind and all this food that people will be "encouraged" to consume is no longer available?

Rembemer there aren't that many players (although I think it's getting better), even less of them are confectioners and this game, and it's players, does have a history of getting into things with a bang and moving on very quickly (blight anchors anyone, or potions... we can go quite a few days with very few available, "some" world projects?).

Sure, some people are enthusiastic just now, but enthusiasm (and commitment) are among the first victims of the type of grind involved in this revamp...I hear lairshaping is a blast!!!

Darksun

Sir, CNFs have been working feverishly for over 2 years to get the rest of their class put into the game. This enthusiasm and commitment of CNFs that you appear to question is not something to be worrying about... If they have stuck with the class for 2 years in its current state then I'm certain that after they get the love and attention they have been working for that they'll still be around after the revamp, in fact, I'm certain that there will be more CNFs around and that you'll have much more food to consume.

PS. I find Lairshaping to be very thought provoking and yes, it is a blast.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Darksun
    "Opportunity plus instinct equals profit." - The 9th Rule of Acquisition
    "Anything worth doing is worth doing for money." - The 13th Rule of Acquisition
    "A wise man can hear profit in the wind." - The 22nd Rule of Acquisition

There's your contingency.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

It seems to me that these changes will force everyone to depend on those few players that decide to be CNFs. Which will include precisely 0% of dragons... There we go, another point where dragons will be utterly dependant upon bipeds.

I dont see why the CNF changes cannot be done without such a massive change to the death penalty system.

In this change there will, for the first time, be a school that not only has a *consumable* product to market, but one that all players are effectively *forced* to use, unlike potions and the like.

Thats all well and good, but if that is the case then all classes should have similar advantages, Swords should decay, etc. Not only this, but at present Dragons are completely exempted from CNF, forced to spend money on other's produce rather than level the class themselves, and even item decay wont help dragons as all dragons are dragon crafters... so they have little, if any, market.
    Last edited by Nexxus; April 27th, 2006 at 08:37 PM.

Nexxus that horse has long been sent to the glue factory. That said, there are a majority of the CNFs that either dont like the new death penalty system or dont care about it. Very very few actually 'like' the new proposed death penalty system, BUT, it wasn't the decision of the CNFs to impose it, it was TG's call and they made it, now we either need to accept it or move on.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Maybe it simply looks bad on me to say this, but I already get to the point occasionally with 10+ DPs where I just think its probably best if I simply dont log in for a few days. Discouraging players from continuing to play is a bad thing for the game imho.

At the moment you can gain 3 DPs a day and break even on deaths/removal of DPs. This is fine. My main dragon, for example, is level 45/100. I assume at 100 craft this would put him in t6. This means that I can no longer even die once per day before having to leave the game for a while as DPs go away.

Its not so bad for occasional players that play only for a couple of hours a day, but for us real addicts that play 8 hours a day or so, this is a massive nerf. Even though I'm 100 craft, there is very little money to be made from craft, especially dragon craft as EVERY one of your customers is a dragon crafter themselves. I suppose lairshaping is a possibility, but this is about as fun as sticking coctail sticks in my eyes. My combat on the other hand is low, and if a spend a day leveling combat its easy for me to gain 3 or 4 DPs. Its not that easy to earn money through my combat class either, as most of the 'profitable' mobs to fight are quite a bit higher than me.

As such, its unlikely I'll spend loads of money on CNF food, after all if I'm looking for t6 CNF food, then the CNF will more than likely be 100 and only making it for the money, not the XP. Its more likely that I'll just not play for a few days while DPs go away. Meaning its more likely I'll pick up CoH/EVE/assorted other MMOs again, and not come back.

I'm not simply complaining that the Death Penalty system is too harsh. As I say I have played EVE and CoH that both have 'harsher' death penalties.

If there were an 'XP Dept' system like CoH, I wouldnt mind. If there were a large financial consequence like EVE (have it so some of your armor stays on your body when you die and you or a friend have to go collect it before someone steals it?) I wouldnt mind. What I dont see the point of is a Death System that mainly just encourages me to play less.

Even if the players that cant level CNF (dragons) had a different DP system, like a hoard penalty to res themselves with Recall, but no DP, say.... 100 hoard per level, meaning 5000 hoard for a lvl 50 dragon, and 10000 for a level 100, this would be a vast improvement.
    Last edited by Nexxus; April 28th, 2006 at 09:59 AM.

DP tiering should be off your adventure levels, not craft.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I for one am looking 4ward to all these new changes dp increases and timers etc etc doesnt bother me new and exciting things to do will keep ppl in the game for a while longer. There is a few confs on unity that i know about that should keep us stocked up with food and making use of silos and storage etc shoudl pump out enough food to feed the entire shard twice over. Bring on the changes!

Thread Information