Thread: Classes?

Plinko

Default Classes?

Not sure where to ask this?

Just joined the game and was wondering about the different combat classes.

Which has the most damage output?
    How are Spearmen? (the video looked cool with that guy at the end using his spear)
    Class for a good tank?
    Are Reavers still the gods they use to be when the game first came out?

Most damage output how? There are so many options in hz its hard to classify this.. single mob, multiclasses, multi mobs?

Spearman is the least played class, or one of them.. they do well for a casual type player, but multiclassed they suffer, and multimob have no strength.

Reavers are still strong, but did receive a nerf

Plinko

Hmm didnt think about the multimob/multiclass thing. Since i will be grouped with one other person most of the time, i guess a little of both. I am not sure really. I assume a single mob set up with be effective considering they can focus on one mob and then take down additional mobs 1 by 1.

Most damage would be any class or multi class ranked as having the highest DPS and being able to take down mobs the quickest.

I play both a level 100 dragon and a 100/100/97 Chaos Warrior/Cleric/Crossbowman.

I've found that at least mano-a-mano, my dragon can take out mobs much more quickly (and usually with much less damage taken) than can my biped, though in Chaos Warrior mode my biped can inflict a LOT of damage per swing, especially using his specials.

I also understand that Reavers and Berzerkers can put out the same, perhaps a tad higher, damage as Chaos Warriors. I'm afraid I know little about spellslingers as I don't have one as a character, but I do know that with their combination of Perfect Spell, Multicast and one or more nuke spells, they can take out multiple mobs far more effectively than meleers.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

I liked spearman as a class, pretty quick attacks. Downside is the type of armor they wear. Upside is Single mobs go down pretty good. As posted above, multi-mobs can be a problem.
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

The difference between Chaos warrior and reaver/zerkers is the multiclassing factor. The heavier to multiclass chaoswarrior the more powerful they get at wiping out entire masses of mobs, reaver raises in power but not as high, and zerker get stuck with single mob damage.

I can help with the Spearman question, as it is my first alternate school to Ranger.

Spearmen get Armor Use and Shield use skill as fast or faster than any melee school, but wear only Chainmail.

They have a number of nice abilities, but only a small portion of them are masterable into another school.

They are the bare minumum of casters, limited to the basic bolts, wards, resists, attacks, and revit heals only.

That said... They gain awesome amounts of 1H Pierce weapons skill, making them deadly with the light and fast weapons like daggers, dirks, short spear and long spear. I can hit Monk-speed attack rate with Gift of Alacrity of high tier and some one other Alacrity assist when using a Spear, and am nearly as fast as a Monk with just Gift of Alac in t5 and a Dagger.

Fair warning: DPS is still actually less than the heavy hitters, especially those who swap between weapons for special attacks, but <grins> Crystals proc on a % chance per swing... a socketed spear or dagger gets a lot more chances to trigger that crystal.

I love the school, but I also practice it on an as-needed basis. I live in Ranger. YMMV
    I am called Yuusuke...

Akiyama Yuusuke yonsei
    The Annatar, on Order

Plinko

Seems like i would like Reaver or Chaos Warrior, something to take out multimob groups while i am grouped with my wife, she is playing a Scout. The whole multiclassing seems confusing though.

Being a heavy hitters sounds most interesting to me.

Plinko:

An important thing to understand about Horizons is that you can try as many schools as you'd like. If you don't like any particular adventure school, you can 'undo' that school. Don't worry about 'gimping' yourself. Have fun and experiment.
    David Bowman

Plinko

Ooooh ok, that makes things a lot easier and now i don't have to worry about screwing up the wife's character. Thank you for the information.

Thread Information