Thread: Reaver or Chaos Warrior

Plinko

Default Reaver or Chaos Warrior

Do Reavers do the awesome damage that they use to when the game first came out? Or can a Chaos Warrior out damage them?

Do Berserkers only do single target damage?

I am confused on what are considered good melee classes now since i have been gone for 3 years.

Looking for something that does high damage and can hit more than one mob since i'll be grouped with my wife.

Warriors can do a lot of damage, but it's consistant damage...reavers tend to do a lot of burst damage (When EB comes up), Berserkers have ridiculous damage but don't tank well (Leather armor), Chaos Warriors are capable of doing as much damage as the others (they wield mauls, the highest damage weapons) and Paladins do decent damage while also being able to heal and buff...

Hope that answers your question
    Ssilmath Torshak, Paladin of the Lost, Shaman of the Damned, Master Armorsmith

My other "crack would be cheaper" hobby
    http://ssilmath.deviantart.com/

Reavers and Chaos Warriors are like trying to compare apple's and oranges..

A breakdown reveals..

Reavers - Ethereal attacks, magic capabilities include....Spirit/Nature/Blight/Healing (advanced ..surges and such included)

CHSW - High damage attacks, though random sometimes...magic capabilities include..fire/ice/energ/summoning/limitied healing.

When i list magic capabilities these are the spell sets that they can cast more than just bolts. A Reaver has many more debuffing aabilities and skill sat self-sustaining. Once you get 100 reaver / 100 healer you can cast every healing spell..including surges and other augmentations. While a CHSW gets more focused up front damage, with the ability to cast the many damage spells that come with fire/ice/energy etc..as well as a lot of the mind spells.

currently i play a KNOC supported by WIZ/SORC/MAGE/HEALER. This toon plays like a very offensive warrior, with every nuke possible to the magery side of magic.

Now a Reaver supported by SPIRIT/HEALER/DRUID is a very effective warrior, and admitidly more solo oriented...though not able to lay down the RAPID damage that a more arcane (CHSW, BTLMG, KNOD) hybrid can dish out.

In comparing CHSW and RVR you just have to think about what path you wish to follow. Using CHSW as your primary hybrid class gives you awesome AOE potential and the ability to lay down SICK single target damage...and not just burst..but you sacrifice survivability for damage output. The RVR on the other hand can use AOE life drains that at tier V have a 45 second duration, and you have many many spells that can turn most enemies into quivering weaklings while you hack away with spirit and blight...RVR also has more DoT's

Both styles are VERY effective at doing what an adventurer needs to get done..thats turning full health bars into empty husks...Each type just has a different style of play..thats all..
    "They are coming through the walls!!! No really this game doesnt have collison detection!"

"Wow, you use that mask and turn into the ginsu knife!"

Syiara Devlon Knoc/Wiz/Sorc/Hlr/Cleric/War.

There both sad. I can out damage them all as warrior. How? Well thats a secret

Jayne

heh, i bet....

I know my when my knoc uses banish armor and clicks on that little mask thing she has, it doesnt matter what shes fighitng it dies.
    "They are coming through the walls!!! No really this game doesnt have collison detection!"

"Wow, you use that mask and turn into the ginsu knife!"

Syiara Devlon Knoc/Wiz/Sorc/Hlr/Cleric/War.

True. But it takes more then just a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Syiara
    A Reaver has many more debuffing aabilities and skill sat self-sustaining. Once you get 100 reaver / 100 healer you can cast every healing spell..including surges and other augmentations.
    No, a Reaver most certainly cannot cast every healing spell...
    they are limited to Revitaize and Improved Revitalized.
    Got Cowbell?

if this is going to be your first class to level up (you are not multiclassed i'm assuming) I would say reaver or plain warrior is going to be better.

yes, they still do awesome damage thanks to the etherial attacks. not as much as we saw when the game first hit live (before flurry got fixed) but enough to kill targets quick. like ssilmath said, they rely on burst damage, and IMO burst damage will be better for grouping.
    I also recommend them as a starting class since they can make use of a sheild, and get 10 per level in shield skill (and also can use high dmg 2 hand swords). Choas warrior doesn't get shield skill, and is really only effective with 2 hand crush weapons.

now if you wanted a suggestion for multiclassing, i would need to know what classes you already have. or what you wanted to focus on (high damage, high survivablity, or both lol)
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

I was planning on going CHSW for my primary class, I'm already 10/10 WAR/MAGE.

Now, I'm thinking of going WAR/Cleric for my primary.. How high should I take cleric for mastered abilities.. and should I drop the mage levels?

Take cleric at least up to 18 for dispirit foe.
    And keep mage as the flame/ice/energy attack spells a realy usefull. Want to kill an undead? He is weak to fire? Set your weapon in flames and bash him.

I would also look at gains in armor usage, strength, health and evasion. Its kinda crummy to have to wait for your au to catch up to your new tier or take a craft (like fitter) for strength bonuses...just a thought
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Thread Information