Thread: Get Rid of Chainstunning

Lightbulb Get Rid of Chainstunning

I have had it whare mobs have killed me before I can even move becuase all they seem to use is stuns I think that stuns should be something that can't render someone or mobs compleatly helpless for an entire battle this is especially bad when a warewolf decides that he wishes to fight you ordinaraly most people can kill theese solo without breaking a sweat but now that they have stuns the warewolves can beat us without breaking a sweat and this should work both ways players shouldnt be able to stun monsters to death/hold monsters for multimob exp either I belive this is a problem for combat in both directions I am not however recomending that all stuns are removed I am just recomending making it so that they cant hold mobs/players perfectly still throughout a battle yes I understand this would be a nerf against thoose who do use stuns for multimob exp but it also means that you cant be stuck there being able to do nothing becuase your stunned the whole battle...also this should mean that more then one mob cant work together and hold players or multiple players cant work together to stun mobs they have to actually fight them
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

I think that if your having a problem with mobs stunning you then perhaps a change in your tactics are in order, or failing that, find soemthing else to kill. What it sounds like is you have issues with mobs being bright enough to chain stun you.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

I chain stun mobs..... I can hear the werewolf yelling "Dev's can you nerf the ranger and his Lightning arrows, he doesn't even break a sweat killing us!!"

Chain stuns and Cloak of Thorns are the only thing that rangers have going for them on the "plus" side. I would die repeatedly if I took on what I do and didn't have those items.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

*chortle*
    I fear those undead rangers for that very reason... not because they kill me, but rather because they stun my silly tail and everything else that has been trying to kill me finally catches up to me and thoroughly stomps me into the ground. Makes for a fun challenge.

Besides, keeping a healer mob stun locked (well, stunned silly, I certainly can not keep them stun locked) is fun.

I for one like it as it is, I am afraid.

It is the mobs that one shot me that I don't like :P
    Craft-happy Saris with a crazy streak.

Definitely a tactics issue.. there are times when leaving that little strider who doesn't do any damage alone is a very bad idea....
    Unless you are trying to farm stunnable creatures like werewolves, then there is no reason they should be able to chain stun you to death.

If you remove that from the classes, you might as well just delete ELAR, Ranger and Storm dispicle... its all they have or they die.

If characters can chain stun, so should monsters. Keep the PvE balanced.

And yes, find other places to hunt or tactics or group combinations.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Thread Information