Thread: Error 108 ????

Default Error 108 ????

all i keep getting is this (quote) Error ID: 108 The client has been disconnected at the request of the simulation. please wait a few minutes and try again. if you are still unable to connect please open a case at Http:\\support.istaria.com (end quote)

Sometimes lowering the priority of the Horizons.exe thread seems to fix this for me but not all the time - anyone have some more ideas ??

I intend to - but someone might know the answer in the meantime /bonk!

Being me - I was hoping to get to the bottom of this problem. I started by reseating my memory and CPU - no effect. Reinatslling the game and all drivers - no effect.

Then I remembered that I had updated to the newest sound blaster audigy drivers recently - I rolled back the drivers and now the game has fired up several times in a row without a hitch. Of course - doing so hoses the SB Audigy applications so I just reinstalled my entire machine.

It would seem that the new soundblaster drivers dont like Horizons very much. :-l
    Last edited by Seenu; May 8th, 2006 at 03:42 AM.

Well, here's me going "doh!"

I have an Audigy 2 ZS, and I just tried going back to earlier drivers. So far it works like a charm.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Creative strikes again, yay!

Knock on wood, this is the first time I've had an issue I could trace back to the Audigy. It sure ain't the best card in the world, but you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, eh?
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

I am glad that I was able to help :-)

Seenu Spelfury
    MCSE

Thread Information