Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dark World Online

Bravado

Lol, NO!........hey you think they'll use the source engine?
    Last edited by Bravado; June 11th, 2006 at 10:16 PM.

Hehe... I always thought DWO was a bit too close to WOD for comfort....

Anyway! No, Bravado, I strongly doubt they will.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Licensing the Source engine would no doubt be beyond the capabilities of a company of Tulga's size. Would be nice of course but... no, I can't see that happening.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Bravado

That was really just a joke to confirm the white wolf thing =P. Not actually a huge WoD fan, I just loved VtM:Bloodlines.

But to tramsan, the name is pretty close. Then again the wording is pretty broad too. "World" fits pretty comfortably in MMO titles the same way "online" does. If I remember correctly, I thought they said they were staying flexible about the game's title anyways.

Stiler

Personally, I think White wolf , while they have some excellent mythos/storylines/concepts for both werewolf and vampire fantasy, they think they freaking "own" anything releated to it.

I mean the whole Underworld deal, White wolf wasn't the first to idealize vampires working in "families" and having bloodlines, etc nor to have werewolves be an enemy (or friend) to some.

Yet they somehow think that they can strong arm anyone into paying them/copying them on the concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelea
    Well, if weres are trying to wipe out humans because they want the territory, and vampires are breeding them for food and slayers are trying to save humanity....

Umm, exactly WHY would you work together?

Give em time folks, give em time.
    I can think of a quick reason why. 2 races benefit from the destruction of Werewolves...Humans and Vampires. Werewolves want to kill off the Humans. Humans are the food source of Vampires. So, Humans and Vampires could have a very tactical reason for joining up.

Bravado

Quote Originally Posted by Stiler
    Personally, I think White wolf , while they have some excellent mythos/storylines/concepts for both werewolf and vampire fantasy, they think they freaking "own" anything releated to it.

I mean the whole Underworld deal, White wolf wasn't the first to idealize vampires working in "families" and having bloodlines, etc nor to have werewolves be an enemy (or friend) to some.

Yet they somehow think that they can strong arm anyone into paying them/copying them on the concepts.
    I agree that White Wolf seems over-possessive when it comes to the "world of darkness" but, I thought the reason they filed a law suit against Sony's Underworld was because of the mini-series White Wolf aired on TV called Kindred: The Embraced. Because the main character was supposedly very similar to the main character in Underworld. Both main characters were females and vampires, that's all the details I know. I never watched any of Kindred: The Embraced, nor did I hear anything about it. Did anyone here here ever see it?

BTW I've heard something about White Wolf blaming Underworld for ripping off their bloodlines idea too. I don't really see how White Wolf could lay clains to that concept, but more importantly, did Underworld even have bloodlines? I remember the Corvinus thing in Underworld which is totally different than White Wolf's bloodlines idea. Is that what they're talkn about?

I loved Kindred: The Embraced and was sad when it ended because of teh death of the main male char. Of not it has nothing at all in common with Underworld. There were no werewolfs or anything. Basicly it was a Day time soap at night about vimpires. /8-> but it followed the world lore great and just have very cool story lines.

ahh yes I loved that prime time soap opera too....

You do know it was based on like a 70s soap opera that did the same thing (and also didn't live very long...)

But that was a good show...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information