Thread: HELP! ingame camera issues

Everbourne

Default HELP! ingame camera issues

FIXED, thank you (it was a bad driver, I had a beta version and I reverted the drivers back)

I have a brand new comp, 2.20 ghtz, 200 gig ram, its a nice system. I just loaded into the game and my camera literally shoots away yoyoing/rubberbanding through geometry in every direction away from my character uncontrollably. When I go into first person mode it stays put but when I turn it rubberbands back to where I was before I turned. The game is completely unplayable for me. What should I do? Also I cant seem to find "Options" menu anywhere.
    Last edited by Everbourne; May 12th, 2006 at 12:02 AM.

Options is under the Blue gem that normal starts in the lower left corner. I am not sure what you mean exactly by with out the chat bar selected hit "L" that is your camera follow/lock. Try that that might help. Otherwise there is a option for changeing your springy-ness of your follow cam in the options. I have not messed with them a lot so I do not know what effects they have.

Everbourne

thank you that helped my inability to find options, sadly it isnt helping the camera warping. Imagine your camera shooting away from your character uncontrollably in all directions through geometry including the ground and then rubberbanding back and then shooting back out faster then your eyes can truely follow. Which inadvertently stops you from playing... maybe my system is to "new" for horizons lol, this sucks!

I doubt it's too new.

Try toying with the camera distance snapback and camera follows character rotation options.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

reset your option to default, then relog and readjust. also do a full scan before you log back in

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Also, if you have a tendency to bump the mouse wheel, you can get your camera flying pretty fast. When your cursor isn't over a text box, spinning the mouse wheel will move the camera closer or farther away.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Everbourne

Default Fixed! thank you

I found out it was my new graphics driver, it was a beta version I reverted and the game runs smooth now. Thank you all for those that helped.

Thread Information