Thread: Transport error 16

Default Transport error 16

Everything was going fine for several hours, then logged off for lunch and now get this transport error 16 when I try to log in on any of my characters. Its telling me my password could not be encrypted.

Is there a problem with the log in server?

Have filed a report on this, #81843

Same for me, I guess I better submit a ticket too...
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

I've heard the stand alone launcher still works, so you might want to switch to that...

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    I've heard the stand alone launcher still works, so you might want to switch to that...
    Yep, worked for me Thanks for the suggestion.

roselark

what do you mean by stand-alone launcher? I am having this issue as well.

aye, same problem here...could someone point me in the direction of the standalone launcher please?

Go into your Horizons program folder and you should find the launcher there. It has a flag icon if that helps and its in the main folder, not the launcher folder.

Thanks logging in now

regards
    Els

Seems I now have this problem. I've tried the above solutions and even using the .bat to launch without the webpage. Problem is, I'm on Unity, so it seems the standalone launcher doesn't work (won't recognise username/password).

Anyway my problem is I was playing fine up until Sunday night. Last change to my system was Saturday, for a windows update. Didn't get a chance to play much last night but had a final half hour to kill before going to bed, so figured I'd log on for some crafting. It scanned the files, started up the Horizons splash screen, then came up with "transport error id: 108" followed by another error 109. Thought 'ok, might just be the server is down' and forgot about it.

I have a day off today so I thought I'd get some hunting done. But no, same problem. It doesn't appear to be down for maintenance (plus it comes up with a different error if I try to login when servers are down) but everything I've tried comes up with this transport error. I even doublechecked my account to make sure I still have days left subscribed! I rolled back my system to before the windows update too, even though I played for a full day after that with no problems. I've posted a ticket on support, but I'm not expecting them to even read it. Any more ideas on what it could be would be great.

edit: posted attachment with screens of the exact errors i get:
    Last edited by pevil2000; April 9th, 2008 at 09:31 PM.

Unity is hosed last I heard.

Unity went down last evening for an unknown reason. According to the login page they are restarting now and should be up at any time.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

I'm getting these transport errors as well now. All my drivers are up to date. My firewall configured to allow the ports Horizons needs.

I can get transport errors whilst logging in or when I port. Has anybody had any luck at what the cause of this issue?

I can't use the stand alone launcher as I play on Unity. At times I have to keep trying to log in before I get in without a transport error. I can do a few ports in game before a port will cause it to happen.

Thread Information