Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EU Trial

Honiax

Default EU Trial

Myself and my hubby have both gone for the EU trial, both created accounts, entered trial keys.....no problem. THEN........we go to launch the game, Unity server (you know what I'm going to say next don't you, lol). There is no way on this earth that I can create a character let alone get the game to run. I've trawled thru the forums, tried the System32/Host file fix with no luck. As we're only on the trial, we don't get the choice of another server, and I'm not paying a subscription (sorry guys) unless I know I like it, which I am very unlikely to find out cos I CAN'T LAUNCH THE *&^%^& GAME!!!!!

I read that the server has been broken since 23rd March, don't know if that's true or not, but if free trials are being offered, this doesn't seem like a very good way to run things and you are losing potential players.

unity is up and the character creation is now fixed, so if you can give anymore information we may be able to help,

things such as

do you get into character creation?

can you login to the website and get to the point where you can create a character?

I think the 1st time you logon you have to download an activex control to allow the game to patch. If you have your internet security set too high or popups blocked then it wont work. Also the website doesnt like firefox as a browser so you have to use internet explorer.

hope this is some help
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Moved to Help.

Be seeing you...

Honiax

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing
    unity is up and the character creation is now fixed, so if you can give anymore information we may be able to help,

things such as

do you get into character creation?

can you login to the website and get to the point where you can create a character?

I think the 1st time you logon you have to download an activex control to allow the game to patch. If you have your internet security set too high or popups blocked then it wont work. Also the website doesnt like firefox as a browser so you have to use internet explorer.

hope this is some help
    First off, sorry for posting in the wrong section

Right, I click the launcher, get the webpage up, chose my country (UK), enter email & password, click create character - shows only UNITY as a server choice, click, get to standard launch/full file scan. Click either one of those and I get....

' Sorry, the game could not be started since the necessary files could not be downloaded.
    The reason: couldn't download no_update_list.auc
    Please try this once again and contact support at.....etc etc etc'

I have contacted support around yesterday lunchtime, not heard anything yet. I have also looked thru the knowledge base and tried everything that seemed relevant to the problem. Still no luck.
    If anyone has any ideas, I will welcome them with open arms as I really do want to try Horizons

NB - installed active x the first time I ran the launcher

think thats the auth server bug that we were having, thought that was fixed

http://forum.gnonline.net/showthread.php?t=53022

above link has a workaround for that problem
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Honiax

Yep, tried that already, still get the same can't download file message.

Thanks though

soz cant help then, someone else got any ideas?
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

If you still get the same error you misinterpreted the instructions in some way or did another error. The method described in that thread *will* work. If you have Windows 95, 98 or ME there are some extra instructions further down in the thread, read the entirety of it.

Some more things to try are towards the end here:
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...d.php?p=122008
    Last edited by tramsan; May 12th, 2006 at 07:47 PM.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Honiax

I have tried everything in every thread mentioned and even some stuff that is sort of related to this problem. I still can't create a character or launch the game. At this rate I'm going to give up which is a shame as this looks a really good game and I'm looking for something to play when EQ2 gets to much, lol

What is the exact problem you are experiencing now? Still "Can't download no_update_list.auc" or is it something else?

Honiax

Yes, it's still that, after 4 days of trawling thru knowledge bases, forum threads, etc.
    I've emailed support, put in a case to support, and as it's the weekend, I don't expect to get anything from there until at least next week.

I've come to the conclusion that this is a very common problem for people first trying to run the game. IMO surely it should be looked at and fixed asap, cos, as I've said before, you (the game devs etc) are loosing valuable customers and players.

Unfortunately this issue is on the European side of the game. A separate company, GameNetwork, is managing that side, and they have become very.... lax in their support. It's a very sad state of affairs - it has even gone so far that we players of Unity has made an open letter to GameNetwork about the situation in general. Tulga are powerless to do anything about it.

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. All I can say is try playing on the NA side instead. They don't have this issue, and when you do get an issue they have active support that will try and help you.

Erm - maybe the US patch server's IP changed?

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan
    Unfortunately this issue is on the European side of the game. A separate company, GameNetwork, is managing that side, and they have become very.... lax in their support. It's a very sad state of affairs - it has even gone so far that we players of Unity has made an open letter to GameNetwork about the situation in general. Tulga are powerless to do anything about it.

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. All I can say is try playing on the NA side instead. They don't have this issue, and when you do get an issue they have active support that will try and help you.
    sure
    look at http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=13494

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Those kind of things are the EXCEPTION on NA and will probably be solved soon. This issue has been on Unity for several months now.

Honiax

Well, I've given up
    Thanks to all who answered with suggestions and links to helpful threads.

As a last ditch attempt, can I suggest creating a trial account on the US servers? If you can patch it from there, you could then play on EU servers.

Honiax

Quote Originally Posted by Xarog
    As a last ditch attempt, can I suggest creating a trial account on the US servers? If you can patch it from there, you could then play on EU servers.
    Done and done now waiting a few hours while game updates/patches/has a cup of tea/patches again

Again thanks to all for the help.

Good to hear you're at least getting to test out the game. Hopefully it is still worth it after the days you've spent trying to get in.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Thread Information