Thread: Finally .. Icon Project V2.0

Default Finally .. Icon Project V2.0

V2.0 of the project is available

There are still lots to do - but it seems better to release it piecemeal as I get parts of it done.

Click on the Signature

Enjoy

Looking forward to trying it out. Could you tell us what specifically is new (as opposed to 1.x or 2.0 beta)?
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Thank you for having enough passion, talent and dedication to help Istaria be a more pleasant place to look and interact with.

That goes to all of you modders out there as well. :-D

Val,
    I downloaded and installed these last night. Wow! Nice work...they look great. Can't wait for you to crank out some more.

Thanks for your time and effort on behalf of us all (and you too Blue...and the map pak updaters and anyone else working on mods) :-)
    Drasdil Redin
    100 Paladin
    Order Shard

Sahsi

Thank-you Valornyx!! Your time and dedication to making the icons is very appreciated. *hugs*

Default Re: Finally .. Icon Project V2.0

Could I make a suggestion about one of your icons?

I think the Dragon Scalecraft image is showing someone hitting a head scale with something, but your icon makes it look more like a scythe... But then you don't have to do anything about it if you don't want to, the rest of your icons look great!

I just reinstalled this icon pack the other day. I love it. So much more colourful than the others. I wonder if Valornyx will ever come back and finish it off?

Val's been having some serious internet issues. He's still planning on playing, but afaik, hasn't even been able to resub to the game yet. I emailed him recently...he DOES plan on continuing to play. (He never stopped playing, just took some breaks here and there.)

woo!

i'd love to see more of these icons get completed. i love Val's artwork. if it were up to me, i'd say Vi should replace the originals with his. =D

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Redacre View Post
    woo!

i'd love to see more of these icons get completed. i love Val's artwork. if it were up to me, i'd say Vi should replace the originals with his. =D
    Yeah Henry. I always thought they wouldn't do something like that because of legal/copywrite issues (or something), but they put contest winners quests in the game, and they also put the player-made emote packs in the game, so now I'm kind of hopeful.

Just tried the v2.03 and they look great.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

2.03 is testing now .. and will go out as 2.1 soon

There are lots of changes - for both dragons and bipeds .. although a lot more work still needs to be done.

You can download 2.03 on the website if you want to play with them now - or wait for 2.1 - it will not be greatly different from what is in 2.03.

follow the link in my signature

Awesome Valornyx

I really enjoy everything you've been doing. I recently downloaded 2.03 and think it looks just great!

I just have one minor concern that could just be a problem with my computer, but the icon you have for crystalline lattices doesn't work right. I always get a glitched up icon whenever I craft any. Don't know if this has been brought to your attention or not... Or if this has been fixed in 2.03 (though I didn't see a new crystalline lattice icon when I downloaded 2.03). I think it might have something to do with the wrong shades of red being used? I tried replacing yours with a (bad looking) version taking the colors directly from other icons that come with the game but I haven't crafted any lattices for a while to test it.

Nothing major at all, I just think your version of the lattices looks really neat and want to be able to see it in all the colors in-game instead of a glitched up icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Favoran View Post
    I just have one minor concern that could just be a problem with my computer, but the icon you have for crystalline lattices doesn't work right. I always get a glitched up icon whenever I craft any.
    Yeah .. sorry - not quite sure what happened with that one .. I have deleted it from subsequent releases - but if you loaded v2.0 it will still be sitting there..

if you go into the hz/resources_override/interface/icon/resources dir - you will find the culprit .. delete it and you will go back to the original icon .. I will work on making a new one to overwrite the one which went amiss.

It's 96 DPI instead of 72, it is. That's probably the problem.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan View Post
    It's 96 DPI instead of 72, it is. That's probably the problem.
    Hmm - thanks - not sure how that happened.

great mod =) thank you!

Thread Information