Thread: General Tech Questions.

Shinino

Default General Tech Questions.

Okay, I've got a Radeon 9800, and I've a few questions.

I can't alt-tab in full screen mode.

I can't move windows or change the window size without clicking move 3d windows.

I can't use hotkey skills in windowed mode period.

I do any of these, I crash.

Any ideas?

It is a limitation of ATI cards. I have played with both ATI and Nividia Cards and the ATI alway had lower performance and I have never been able to play windowed. The Nividia As slightly better performance and I can Played Windowed.

As to resizing the game window yes you have to select the move 3d windows. It works that way for both cards and how the devs designed it.

Shinino

Doesn't explain why I can't use hotkeys while windowed.

It's odd, though, I can play other games and other MMOs windowed without any issues. I can also alt-tab in other games and other MMOs while in full screen.

That leads me to believe that some of the issue is with the game itself.

huh? This is not a limitation with ATI at all. That is just down right false information.
    You can play windowed and use hotkeys, but alt-tabing is universally broken with hz. Changing from full to windowed crashes the game (it never used to) on both types of cards. I don't know what your problem is, but its not your card.
    When you say change window sizes what are you referring to?

Ok maybe you have not had the problem but I have. I have never been able to play windowed on the 2 or 3 diffrent ATI cards I have had. Every single one last at most 10 min if even that. Nividia I play for hours and hours. I can also Alt tab in both cards all day long. When I do alt talb it normaly makes the game go to window mode and that means for me at least that I will crash soon. Note if the windowing problem croped up recently I have not noticed it as I am back on a Nividia card. But I have changed back and forth 1once or twice on my Nividia card I now have and had not had a problem. I will try again and see if I have any problems to night to see if it is something new that poped up.

I found one way around that as I have 2 monitors now and if I clicked on the secound monitor it would min the game and not window it on ATI. So I started doing that till I got back to a Nividia cards.

Shinino

To repeat the earlier problem:

I cannot alt-tab in full screen mode. (Known issue).

I cannot move in-game windows or resize my main game window without clicking on use movable 3d or whatever (Known issue).

I cannot use hotkeys while in windowed mode, it crashes. (The current issue).

Right now, the game isn't that playable due to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinino
    I cannot move in-game windows or resize my main game window without clicking on use movable 3d or whatever (Known issue).
    This is not an "issue" as that is how the game works. What is the problem with selecting the Option to resize a window like the Devs want you to? Also is this in windowed Mode? If so have you tried playing the game full screen and tried moving windows and such?

The others are issues Yes. But have you tried playing the game non-windowed?

Shinino

Like I said, the main issue is the "Can't use hotkeys in windowed mode without it crashing". Why don't I play non-windowed? Because I refuse to give up that degree of control over what I do with my computer. I need alt-tab.

Hello,
    Instructions for ATI Cards:
    Right Click desktop and select properties
    Select Settings tab
    Click Advanced
    Select the 3d tab
    Move Image Settings slider to the middle for balanced performance.
    If this issue persists, I would like you to make a support case at Support.Istaria.Com.
    -Reyem
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strangely, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Shinino

Ticket created, thanks.

Thread Information