Thread: Loading this game takes 5+ minutes!?!

Angry Loading this game takes 5+ minutes!?!

I have a fairly sweet PC and can find no reason this game takes so long to load.

Please tell me it's just me and there is something I can do to fix it. I put a support request it, but have gotten nowhere with them so far.

Problems I'm having:
    Creating a new character took me many attempts (crashes/timeouts), and if it ever did connect, it took 10!!! minutes to get to the new character screens.

Now that I finally made 2 characters, it always takes 5-6 minutes just to get into the game. Recalling in the game takes a few minutes as well.

Also, when changing textures (like the dragon skins/whatever) in the char creation screen, it took 12 seconds each time I changed the skin/texture. What's up with that????

I also lose connection to the game every 30 mins, religiously.

I play all the latest games at 1600x1200 with 2x AA on and get great framerates.. Even Oblivion!! I've played a large number of mmorpg's and never had a problem with connectivity. I have a cable modem and it's nice and fast. I have no problems connecting or staying logged into Guild Wars, or other games. Nor do I have problems with the web, newsgroups, ftp, etc.

Is this game really this buggy?

Nope, just keep pressing support, there is a fix out there for really long loading times.

Hello,
    Please make a support case at support.Istaria.com for this issue.
    In the mean time, please try the following:
    Go into Clientprefs_Main.def and make sure the following lines are set to false.
    bool updateAGHFiles = false
    bool convertAGHDDS = false
    -Reyem
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strangely, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Thread Information