Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - Fix rezz now!

Default ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - Fix rezz now!

I have about had it with healer classes that think its cool to rez you 3 feet in front of a level 108 mob without your consent.

Rez needs to be fixed so that if its casted you get a box asking if you want the rez.

Please do this devs, thanks and as always, love ya.

This is an issue with your group maybe, why not sort it out before you get all pissed off instead of after? Its not that difficult to do

On the same token, this is something that has been requested since beta and still hasn't made an appearance.

Seriously, how hard would it be to do?

Simple solution to this; make it an option in your options window.
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    It was requested since beta, and also requested NOT to exist since beta.

Who's suggestion is more valid?

I prefer not to have to click on a button in the middle of my screen every time someone wants to cast something on me.
    Everytime someone wants to cast *something* on you...I'm not talking about something, I'm talking about one thing, one thing that's been used to grief people since day one.

As the guy above said, make it an option so folks can toggle it on and off.

It wouldn't be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter1968
    It wouldn't be hard.
    And you know this how?

I'd prefer not to have it, since it would make repeatedly training and rezzing AFK macroers impossible.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Recall if you don't want to get rezzed

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I do not want to be in the middle of a combat fighting a boss monster and have to click on a stupid Yes/No box after I'm killed by 120bazillion damage AE's because someone was away from their keyboard when a friendly healer ran by and ressurected a dead player and cried about it after they died a second time.
    Well, that's why it could be incorporated as an option, hey? If you toggle it, you'd never see it again, would you? Second time I've mentioned this. I won't need to point that out a third time, will I?

Griefing? Is it really running rampant on your server? It most certainly isn't on mine. Not since the days of afkmacrobots. (Which are over...)
    Someone just asked for the option to be added, didn't they? It may not be due to griefing 100% of the time, but it does happen. It's a useful option.

Hummm well I can only speak for myself. As healer (Which I hate), If I res I stay and heal to before ever leaving. I accept that responsibility. And if by some unfortunete circumstance they die, from me res'ing, I would gladly give them some amb.

Do I want a box to pop up? No. I always ask them first, unless I am part of there group and fully know what we are trying to accomplish.

Jayne

Exactly, make it an option to get the rezz question box or not, so WE can choose, the fact that some poeple got all upset just by me asking for this, is exactly the kind of arrogance and foolishness that causes this problem, and is all the more reason to have it done. This has been done to me by accident and often done to me by healer incompetence.

Jayne is right that everyone should ask if a person wants rezzed first, but many just wont.

I have been waiting for super rez often to have a noob come along and just noob rezz me without asking.

Another time we were in a group and a player thought rez was so cool, he kept noob rezzing people instantly in fights, and not waiting for the super rezzer to rez, we finally had to kick that character out of the group.

Lets face it, you cant know everyone you group with intimately...so the "dont group with them" comment we can all do without....

Come on devs lets get this done.

Thanks

More people wanted a prompt in beta than NOT wanted it.

More people than just you play this game and it isn't just made for you or your friends.

Ditto. Don't expect me to shut up for your benefit either.

Now why would I think that Ulujain?
    Bah, I've outgrown that name - it's just a domain name now m8.

More people wanted a prompt in beta than NOT wanted it.
    Really? Prove it. Produce the data to back up your assetion.

More people than just you play this game and it isn't just made for you or your friends.
    Excellent comment that you should take to heart.

I object to this proposal because it is a case of using a sledgehammer to swat a mosquito. The issue of being rezzed at a bad time is one that should be discussed with the person doing the rezzing. It is not something that should be handled by taking up programming time. It does not deserve to consume the time and energy required to implement it.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    Really? Prove it. Produce the data to back up your assetion.
    Why do I have to prove anything to you?

I moderated the beta forums and the ones after them until I quit, Daniel trashed Tazoon.com and Artifact took control of them themselves.

I know what I saw there. Call me a liar all you want. Do your worst.

Excellent comment that you should take to heart.
    It was directed at individuals such as you who occasionally think they speak for everyone here. Yes, many of your posts give the impression that you do speak for others. Something I'm sure you're well aware of.

I object to this proposal because it is a case of using a sledgehammer to swat a mosquito. The issue of being rezzed at a bad time is one that should be discussed with the person doing the rezzing. It is not something that should be handled by taking up programming time. It does not deserve to consume the time and energy required to implement it.
    Oh please...having it as an option that you can toggle (deja vu, anyone?) would make the horror story that you're describing the storm in a teacup that it is. Set it once to your liking, forget it, get on with life.

Another abusive posting, another step closer to being banned. By all means, please, continue.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

Default The Answer

I know lets just have the devs remove the rez spell, then there is no problem.

Rocinante

I hope they don't.

It will simply proliferate. Why stop at ressurection? Earthen crust before it was changed in value used to overwrite far far superior buffs. Yes/No please. Flame Attack is thrown around like candy, but some monsters take less damage from flame. Yes/No please.
    Very poor argument. Buffs are not even in the same class
    as a resurrection. Dont want the buff someone just cast on
    you? Right click and remove it.
    Got Cowbell?

I think it's a good suggestion. I will not be saddend if it never makes it ingame though.

an idea to fix the griefing, or afk rezzing issue (that I think the OP was concerned with) without any message boxes:

maybe rez can only work on a player if they are in your group?
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

Its ok all, there is only one person rep that gets trashed when he posts like that, just ignore him. Every board has flamers and trolls, best wisdom is to see what they say and believe the opposite.

Thread Information