Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - Fix rezz now!

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    And your argument is any stronger?

Don't want someone to ressurect you? Recall.
    What if you just want to wait the another 2 minutes, as your groups healers superior rez is on recycle atm?

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

wowsers, i've never thought folks would not want to be rezzed during a hunt... typically when i'm in a group i'll rez as soon as i can because folks hate the down time, and i try to heal them to full & rebuff them as quickly as i can thereafter... no one has ever asked me not to rez them unless they were going afk. usually if there's a concern about dp's it's been discussed up front but it was not a don't-rez-me issue, rather a gee-i-know-i'm-low-level-but-willing-to-try-anyway kind of thing.

for run-by rezzes where there's a chance a nasty may come by, i do ask first because of a guild discussion waaaay back before merge when a fellow guildmate was garnering dp's while afk thanks to 'helpful' passersby. i don't want to rez someone not there just to have them killed again.

guess i'll have to check prior to a hunt with group members in the future if they're going to want to be rezzed. that getting rezzed while at keyboard is a problem astounds me... but then again, if dp's will be lasting so much longer and a superior rez is near, i guess i can see the concern.

i'm not into ambrosia either, so i suppose i don't worry about dp's as some do, though i suspect i'll be supporting my local confectioner a whole lot more after the confectioner & dp changes come through.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu
    It will simply proliferate. Why stop at ressurection? Earthen crust before it was changed in value used to overwrite far far superior buffs. Yes/No please. Flame Attack is thrown around like candy, but some monsters take less damage from flame. Yes/No please. Teleporting to Bristugo from Dralk but your mind was wandering and you teleported back to Ice Island instead. Yes/No please...
    There's a fundamental difference between resurrections and buffs. A bad buff has no longterm negative effects on the person it's being cast on. The only exceptions are things like self-sacrificium and unbridled energy - but the negative effects of those are both self-inflicted, so someone else can't harm you through using them. You'll notice there's an obvious lack of abilities/spells that can indirectly cause harm to the player. So no casting unbridled energy on allies, or stealing their lifeforce to supplement your own, etc.

You can be harmed through someone resurrecting you at a bad time, and an 8 hour death penalty is quite a heavy toll to pay.

If this *does* get introduced into the game, I'll bet anything you want that it won't end up being globally applied to all spells and abilities. Ressing isn't a buff afterall, it's more like healing spell. And I'm pretty sure there won't be a single player around who will set confirmation to "on" if it includes other healing spells. I think the devs are clever enough to realise that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu
    If someone rezzes you while you are waiting for a superior rez, then inform the player that it's better to ask before throwing ressurection spells willy nilly.

You know, interact? Teach those who don't know?...
    Even experienced players with res might not know that you're waiting to be sup ressed. It's not something that's clearly evident to anyone who knows that sup resses are.

Then you deal with it and move on. Again, is this an issue with such a high proliferation that it needs to have a safety net?
    If it leads to feelings of misgivings between players, then I'd say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarog
    If it leads to feelings of misgivings between players, then I'd say yes.
    I don't think it's reasonable to add rules and systems just because people get upset. Being rezzed when you want to lie there and wait for someone to come running over with superior rez is unfortunate, and the person doing the rez should ask you if you need help, but it's not intentional and malicious griefing.

I personally feel that waving people off unless they have superior rez is lazy and selfish, unless someone is in the area and is free to assist or already on their way. Especially in a mass combat, the healers need to be healing and thinking of the entire group, not dropping everything to come save you a brief inconvenience.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    And you know this how?

I'd prefer not to have it, since it would make repeatedly training and rezzing AFK macroers impossible.
    AFK macroing is wrong, agreed. I hate AFK macroers and reported my
    fair share of them in "the old days."

But your reason for shooting down the OP's suggestion being due to
    the fact that it would ruin an opportunity for you to grief another player, regardless of whatever wrong he/she is committing, is, well, sad.
    Got Cowbell?

Quote Originally Posted by Helcat
    But your reason for shooting down the OP's suggestion being due to
    the fact that it would ruin an opportunity for you to grief another player, regardless of whatever wrong he/she is committing, is, well, sad.
    Training someone who is running a UCM is not griefing, but that's beside the point. The point is that this change would be beneficial to people who exploit UCM, in that it would remove one of the few courses of action available to the community. If UCM were actually punished when it is reported, there would be no need for community sanctions.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

i would love to see the option:

allow others to buff you
    allow others to res you

allow group members to buff you
    allow group members to res you

some players are so friendly that they buff you without asking

ok they dont harm but its annoying

and res: oh yes, its not funny to die somewhere, one of your group recalls and wants to res you with superior and someone stumbles over you and res you.

i dont like to be ressed (regardless if i get a dp or get killed again) against my will

i cant lie on the floor with an automacro shout "dont ress me"

i dont want to educate other players not to ress / buff others without asking.

i want this option to decide what i want.

Quote Originally Posted by laughingotter
    I don't think it's reasonable to add rules and systems just because people get upset. Being rezzed when you want to lie there and wait for someone to come running over with superior rez is unfortunate, and the person doing the rez should ask you if you need help, but it's not intentional and malicious griefing.
    Well, it's been done, but you just haven't noticed. Like I said, there are no spells where you can actively damage your allies. It could be that it's not reasonable in this instance, but imo it sure has hell is reasonable in general.

I personally feel that waving people off unless they have superior rez is lazy and selfish, unless someone is in the area and is free to assist or already on their way. Especially in a mass combat, the healers need to be healing and thinking of the entire group, not dropping everything to come save you a brief inconvenience.
    What about cases when being ressed is just plain suicide? I can remember once or twice when someone tried to res me while my corpse was in the middle of a bunch of really nasty mobs, only to get another DP half a second later.

In such a situation, I don't think I should be forced to recall just because some guy can't think farther than his nose.

Training someone who is running a UCM is not griefing, but that's beside the point. The point is that this change would be beneficial to people who exploit UCM, in that it would remove one of the few courses of action available to the community. If UCM were actually punished when it is reported, there would be no need for community sanctions.
    Honestly, I'm not quite sure what you're talking about here. What's UCM? And how is ressing someone in this case a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarog
    Honestly, I'm not quite sure what you're talking about here. What's UCM? And how is ressing someone in this case a good thing?
    Unattended Combat Macro.

In this case, when you find someone running a UCM, you pull a huge train down on them and immediatly rez them before the mobs disperse. Repeat until you either get bored or the player comes back.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

Klaus LOL! Never thought of that. maybe I'll give it a whirl.

Jayne

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    UCM's were already destroyed. Any change in life (Buffing health, getting hit) will stop all macros.

That's no longer a concern.
    I think this is the point where responses can no longer be posted in public. Kumu, check your PM.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

Well, I think it's easiest just to inform people that you are waiting on a Sup res, or if they res and can't / don't heal you, then just recall after the next death. I've have on ocassion been ressed only to die again, but it's not something that happens all that much.

In fact, if someone had the "prompt" option enabled, and you are in the middle of say a big nasty boss fight, what's going to happen when you try to res this person? Then the healers actions queue is going to get stopped up until the person clicks Accept? In the meantime the healer is out of commision as far as heals go (maybe due to lag, client connection speed differences, etc) until all of this gets cleared out of his queue. That could end up being a couple of seconds..

Really, I think the overall idea is nice, but not necessary.

Dravatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    some players are so friendly that they buff you without asking

ok they dont harm but its annoying
    Actually, that might do more damage than you think. Some buffs overwrite others. If you have a set on for a particular mob type and you get buffed by a well-meaning passer-by, it may destroy your original "optimal" set.

Personally, I like the idea of some sort of permission before allowing buff/rezzes....

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    In fact, if someone had the "prompt" option enabled, and you are in the middle of say a big nasty boss fight, what's going to happen when you try to res this person? Then the healers actions queue is going to get stopped up until the person clicks Accept?
    if this happen than you cant ress and the action to res him will be canceled, maybe there should be a small icon close to the dead body or the name if you target him (crossed red icon "do not res me")

or the res spell will work but the body remains dead and within 20 seconds the target has to press "OK" to be ressed, so the queue will go on for the resser/healer

but like mentioned before there should be a difference between

-spells/buffs/ress from the group
    -spells/buffs/ress from "unknown" bypassers

to handle via 2 options / checkboxes

and if you want to stress others then an option "ask for permission everytime"

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    And you know this how?

I'd prefer not to have it, since it would make repeatedly training and rezzing AFK macroers impossible.
    I"m sorry, but if that's why you don't want it I don't think that's a very good reason.

I agree that AFK macroers are scum, but griefing is griefing. Deliberately jacking up someone's death point count is griefing. Nowadays, there's so many ways to powerlevel I didn't think people bothered with AFK macroing but maybe some do.

There are times when a rez is the wrong thing to do. For me it isn't a hot button topic, but it'll be more of one once the death point timer changes from 8 to 24 hours.

There are legitimate reasons why someone would want to stay dead for awhile -- they're waiting for the monsters to clear, they're waiting for someone who's coming with a better rez, etc. Saying that if you don't want any bozo to rez you without your permission you should recall immediately misses the point. If that were truly the intent, they could have easily made you auto-recall when you died.

As pointed out, other spells you can cast on other players are entirely good and can be easily removed. Not so the effects of a bad rez.

Every other MMORPG I've played has a confirmation dialog for rezzes. I don't see why HZ shouldn't too. Other games have not found it necessary to confirm every buff or heal while having a confirm box for their rez spell. Perhaps it's not technically possible for HZ to have a confirmation dialog just for rez (which doesn't make HZ's engine look very good) but if so it should be rejected only because of technical reasons and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    I agree that AFK macroers are scum, but griefing is griefing.
    Yes, I agree with you 200%... Griefing is Griefing and the mere existence of persons using 3rd party AFK macros entitles them to all the 'attention' that the devs and the playerbase are willing to bless them with.

I'm PROUD of the persons that catch AFK macroers and help them raise their DP counters. They should be given medals, not derided as griefers. IF we dont police ourselves then who can we expect to do it?
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

i think an option would be nice

then everyone can decide if he wants to be buffed/ressed by others/group-members

i dont think this is an urgent thing but maybe TG can think about it

Thread Information