Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Project: Dragon Sound/Voice Emote Pack

Default Re: New Project: Dragon Sound/Voice Emote Pack

Just tried out the latest version on my ancient and it works wonderfully! The emotes are all showing up correctly now for those who don't have the pack. The sound for the most part it pretty much in line with the animation (though lag will delay it sometimes). Shake is back to its old text which I like ("shakes like a wet dog" always seemed...... kinda insulting to me as a dragon ;P). All in all awesome job! Always hoped some day someone would create a mod like this one. Cause really, since when are dragons mute?

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

I think I finally got it to work, I have only tested hatchy though... but /hiss is still early
    Looking for a "dentist" to fix Lunarya's blue teeth

Lunarya and Akenokoru on Chaos.
    Help make Evarus grow!

just tested on adult, Adult's have no /rockout, etc.

Help make Evarus grow!

Adult Dragons have rockout, rockoutindralk and sneeze in the latest version. As I play an Adult Dragon, that was easy to check. I have feedback from people having them too.

For the hiss, could you be more precise please? The sound should play when you open your mouth in the animation.

What you describe seems to be issues from versions prior to v1.6. As you seem to have had problems to install it, maybe you have some old files here and there. Make sure it's installed properly:

- download the latest version (v1.7)
    - extract resources_override folder from the archive to the Horizons root folder (where horizons.exe is).
    - overwrite files when asked
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

lol it does NOT want to work for me, I used to just put the two files inside override into the override manually, but now I am extracting the whole folder, including the docs one, into the root folder, it does not want to work for me. I've uninstalled it before too. Perhaps there is a way you can put it into an installer?
    Last edited by Lunarya; October 28th, 2007 at 03:05 PM.

Help make Evarus grow!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarya View Post
    Perhaps there is a way you can put it into an installer?
    It's planned. I'm just waiting for a few files I need from Zexoin.

I suggest you to delete all related files from this pack in your resources_overdrive folder and maybe wait for the installer if you are unsure about a manual installation (even if it will basically do the same thing).

Be careful to not delete files from other MODs if you use any.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

I have released a version of this pack with installer for those who don't like to unstall it manually.

You can find it here: http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/down..._installer.zip

Install it in the Horizons root folder. The installer should find the folder by itself by default, so you don't have anything to do.
    Please note the Uninstall.exe is deleted by patching the game. If you want to uninstall the pack after a patch, you have to re-install the MOD again to get the Uninstall.exe back or uninstall it manually (instructions are in the Read Me.txt file).

*coughs* I made a little mistake with the installer. If you have download it before this message, please uninstall it and download the fixed version (same URL)

Haha, NOW it works, not sure what I was doing wrong. I apologize for the trouble I was causing earlier *points up*

It works pretty fine for adults, hiss and growl go off when they are supposed to. I like it ^^ The mods should add this into the game
    Last edited by Lunarya; November 3rd, 2007 at 05:00 PM.

Help make Evarus grow!

Haha, NOW it works, not sure what I was doing wrong. I apologize for the trouble I was causing earlier *points up*
    No worry. The important thing is now it works fine.

just got feedback form a friend, For fun, I always went in to battle with a /standandroar, but when I did it again, my friend mentioned me having a cold, I was confused, but they told me that they saw me sneezing and not roaring, I even got another dragon and they said the same thing. We did more tests and if I /headbutt it will show up as /standandroar to everyone else, etc.

Help make Evarus grow!

just got feedback form a friend, For fun, I always went in to battle with a /standandroar, but when I did it again, my friend mentioned me having a cold, I was confused, but they told me that they saw me sneezing and not roaring, I even got another dragon and they said the same thing. We did more tests and if I /headbutt it will show up as /standandroar to everyone else, etc.
    Sounds like you are having the same old problem I was having before.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Lunarya, I suggest to remove, in ressource_override, the folders named definitions and sound, then reinstall the pack. It works fine for me, then I think you have this problem because of the old files hidden somewhere.

I think maybe a patch might have messed it up, because I remember it working fine to everyone before

Help make Evarus grow!

Thread Information