Thread: Question about relationship GN and Tulga

Default Question about relationship GN and Tulga

there has been a nice theory on our market chat

my theory:
    GN is a company which pays Tulga to get the software (Server/Game) and service for Fixes if the server / programm dont work right
    GN is a customer of Tulga and hosts this game in europe

other theory:
    Tulga pays GN to host this game in europe

you wont get any official answer on this.....we never got any before..

I do not think it is the last one.

What would prevent Tulga from getting another company to host it, if that were the case?
    I do not think Tulga is satisfied with the current state of Unity, and if they could they would do something about it.

As I see it, they have sold the european rights to the game to GN and as part of the deal promised to deliver updates to the server. Other than providing that service, Tulga has no influence on the European part of the game. That is entirely up to GN.

But it's just my guess. We will probably never know....

Please note that all of the speculation in this post is based entirely on my logical conclusions drawn the opinions of Unity players I've read on these forums. I have never played on Unity, I have no personal experience with GN or its (lack of) customer support, and I have no idea what the sale of Horizons from Artifact Entertainment to Tulga might have done to any original contracts between AE and GN. I'm also a math/physics teacher, not a contract lawyer, let alone one versed in international law, so I can't even speculate with knowledge about what contractual obligations might have been in the original agreements.

IF (big IF) the EU rights for Horizons were sold to GN as Caelin suggests, then Tulga probably can't do anything (contractual limitations) as GN would own the databases and hardware in Europe. While Tulga may be contractually obliged to provide updates for game code, that doesn't mean that GN has to do anything with those updates if they don't care to; after all, GN presumably owns the hardware and database so they can decide if they want to update the game code or to neglect it.

Sound jaded and highly cynical? Yes, well, this is based on the lack of customer support on Unity that is so frequently lamented on these boards.

In fact, IF (big IF again) GN owns the database, then there may be no way for Tulga to even get their hands on the character data to manage a character transfer... can people on Unity transfer to Blight the way players from Chaos and Order can? That might provide some indication of how seperate the databases are.

I hope I'm wrong, I truly do, for the sake of everyone who plays on Unity.

From whats been said before, TG does not gain money from more or less subscribers that play on Unity. From many other comments its pretty clear that GN pays TG for their services (a subscription type thing) for updates, patches and other technical advice.
    I wouldn't be surprised if GN stops paying one day, and just lets things remain as is.

ok i see not much infos are out there

no official one

only speculations

i got my proof thanks for your anwers, maybe one can add some info?

Thread Information