Thread: Concerns & Questions on Expansion

Default Concerns & Questions on Expansion

As there is little information concerning the expansion Horizon: Settlements, I must rely on little tidbits I have garnered from various posts and interviews.

I noticed in the interveiw with Stratics, mention was made of Furniture that would be able to hold items and that houses would also be able to hold machines.

My questions and or concerns for the developers (and any others that have input):

1) With some pieces of furniture that will be able to hold items, does this mean that the House/Stucture's bulk/stack will be reduced and only thru said furniture will the bulk/stack be increased - OR - say for instance, will a T2 Human House in the expansion have the same bulk/stack as they currently do, and furniture will add to that?

2) Machine placement in a house is an excellent idea and I look forward to it. BUT: Will they still have skill bonuses like the machines in a shop do and if so, will you have the choice of installing (building) beginner/journeyman/expert machines?

I have no idea what the plans are for machines that can or will be placeable in houses, but I do have an idea: Keep the skill bonus of the machine, but tie it to the level of the structure (T1/T2 House can have only Beginner Machines, T3/T4 House can have either a Beginner or Journeyman Machines, and a T5/T6 House can have Beginner, Journeyman, or Expert Machines)

Another topic of some interest is the Garden idea. Other than beautification, will Garden's be only for food stuffs? Will a person be able to plant Silk or have some Cows for instance? Small gardens (or pastures) might do a lot in getting rid of Silo-Forests and spruce the landscape up quite a bit.

Anyways, these were my questions/concerns. Will be quite interested in any developer replies. (or those in the know)
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

1) The furniture-holding structures will not have any innate storage as current houses do. You will have to put storage furniture in them for that purpose, and each piece of furniture will be its own storage, rather than adding to any sort of structure-wide pool.

2) Yes, they will have skill bonuses, and there will be different tiers of them that give increasing amounts of bonus. The restrictions on what can be placed where is still being worked out.

It has been mentioned that dragon lairs will be able to hold furniture. However, will this furniture be restricted to fluff/storage ones, or will the craft shop revamp extend to lairs as well, with cavern(s) to arrange machines into?

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by Smeglor
    1) The furniture-holding structures will not have any innate storage as current houses do. You will have to put storage furniture in them for that purpose, and each piece of furniture will be its own storage, rather than adding to any sort of structure-wide pool.

AHA! Long ago I advocated some type of split silo for gem-keeping. Since other resources have only 1 type at each tier, gems are a pain in the butt. If a jeweler or alchemist wants to store gems at each tier, a separate structure is needed for each.... currently that's 18 silos of uncut and/or 18 silos of cut. Perhaps several gem-storage devices in the same structure would take some of the strain off....

Still, I like my idea better. A gem-specific silo with 3 compartments, one for each type of that tier. Sure wish I could see that happen in my lifetime.

Weston
    100 Reaver, Druid, Spiritist, Mage, 96 Healer, 98 Shaman, 67 Ranger, 40 Conjurer, 30 Monk, and 20 Scout & Cleric. Grandmaster Crafter, Chaos.

Yes I totally agree, Gem and Jewelry storage is a lil off. They take wayyyyyyyy too much room. I mean when 2 rings and two earings fill up over half a tent... it hurts.

My concern about the expansion is how long before it is released...lol We talking months or years?
    Mordoth Penumbraen
    Helian Dragon of Order
    (Retired but keeping an eye out.)
    Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    http://tinyurl.com/ZL3F

"I'm a vegetarian Dragon. I only eat Garden Gnomes."

Take today's date add the time for beta, then add the time for it to be ready for beta... That should be pretty close to the time it will be released.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

gems? that's nothing. Try confectioner.

Thread Information