Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *My* connection problems/log-in problems *solved*

Dravatar

Default I rechecked my system specs

HappyFunBall, and the card I use is listed as a Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM) in device manager. The driver details property sheet show version 80.0.0.3, and the drivers are digitally signed by Microsoft.

I realize that having to change your system configuration to play is a pain, and Tulga Support personnel will be the first to tell you that you shouldn't have to. You said earlier that customer support was friendly and helpful and that you are a principal software engineer. Your debugging skills of determining a work-around to the problem attest to your chosen profession.

Creative Labs has a *lot* of employees, as does Microsoft. These and other companies have dedicated people who are constantly developing products and updating the drivers for them. Anyone of these folks could make a change at any time that might affect gameplay of a particular software on a computer. A great example is DirectX. Leading edge games use the later versions for added effect, but some cards still can't play them because their drivers don't support the new features, such as shader models. Add to the complexity that fact that all these guys have to play nice with each other to get anything to work and you start to get the impression of how amazing it is that anything does. Keeping a product running in the changing and multitude of environments out there is a job in itself, much less adding content and enhancement to your own product. If Congress only worked half as well...

I am not making excuses for Tulga or its software. I'm just reminding you of what they and any other small business is up against in the software industry. I'm very sure they will get it fixed as soon as they can.

RiddlerX

Well i do have a X-fi card, if that's the problem i don't know yet... I just DL to have the 14days try period. But haven't been able to play yet, to me it looks like Tulga has alot of probs/bugs, EU logging page doesen't work for me, i have to use the US and it doesn't accept my creditcard even thou all info is correct. finally the 14days are active, but only to give a new problem, game freezes everytime it's retreiving charater essens.

At the same time, Bulga's support is way to slow, i have mailed them several times and no answer. For those of us who have played wow, guildwars etc. knows how fast the support can be(can speak for others but i haven't had any problems with them). This is a subscription game, and support should be fast/acceptable. This brings me to this opinion, HZ community dosen't look so big compared to other mmorpg, and no wonder if they run into same issues i have been in, dosen't give a good first impression..

Aahhhh creative and the usuall bitchslap, yes Clabs have had some driver/firmware issues before, but usually because of a conflict between two devices drivere(personally never come across it.), this should be solved with DirectX as the game will "contact" the audio card throu the directx api, and not the drivers directly.
    Changing/disabling can be a solution, but not for optimal performance, as an onboard audiocard put alot more workload on the CPU than if an audio processor would take care of the job.

Quote Originally Posted by RiddlerX
    Well i do have a X-fi card, if that's the problem i don't know yet... I just DL to have the 14days try period. But haven't been able to play yet, to me it looks like Tulga has alot of probs/bugs, EU logging page doesen't work for me, i have to use the US and it doesn't accept my creditcard even thou all info is correct. finally the 14days are active, but only to give a new problem, game freezes everytime it's retreiving charater essens.

At the same time, Bulga's support is way to slow, i have mailed them several times and no answer. For those of us who have played wow, guildwars etc. knows how fast the support can be(can speak for others but i haven't had any problems with them). This is a subscription game, and support should be fast/acceptable. This brings me to this opinion, HZ community dosen't look so big compared to other mmorpg, and no wonder if they run into same issues i have been in, dosen't give a good first impression..

Aahhhh creative and the usuall bitchslap, yes Clabs have had some driver/firmware issues before, but usually because of a conflict between two devices drivere(personally never come across it.), this should be solved with DirectX as the game will "contact" the audio card throu the directx api, and not the drivers directly.
    Changing/disabling can be a solution, but not for optimal performance, as an onboard audiocard put alot more workload on the CPU than if an audio processor would take care of the job.
    Sir, Which support are you trying to reach? US support or EU support? You do realize that as of your very first post today that it was before 6AM where the US support is? you do realize that as I write this that its before 7AM where TG is located? Given that I've looked at all 3 of your posts this morning you have provided absolutely ZERO information about your problem. How is it you expect folks to assist you without any information at all?

Notes for you to consider... US Servers are not for EU folks unless you have a US CC. No wonder your CC info isnt being accepted. Trying to compare HZ to WOW, EQ, Guild Wars is neither an honest thing or a reasonable thing to do HZ is its own game and TG is its own company. IF you truly want support then contact the appropriate support with the necessary information. Slamming TG for not solving a problem instantly when you bark is totally unacceptable.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    Notes for you to consider... US Servers are not for EU folks unless you have a US CC. No wonder your CC info isnt being accepted.
    My NA account is paid for using a UK Visa Delta card, as long as your EU card is Visa or Mastercard it should get accepted.
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

Thread Information